Could Coutts learn from Alan Hinton?

Brammie Steve

If you could buy one player in January, would you go for a right or centre mid? I'd go for a centre mid as Coutts offers a decent threat going forward and Hendrick's the most overrated player in our team.

A CM deffo. An experienced one.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this Hinton any good and could Nige bring him to Derby?

Quick question for all you lucky fookers that saw the 70s ram raiders (not on old tapes or youtube) if we could have one player from then in our team now, who would you have?

I wouldn't have any of them, they'd be about 60 years old

iRam he played ok today but Brighton are a good team. He had to do a lot of chasing around as did most of the Rams players to try a even get the ball. Hendrick did well last 20 as has already been said. All th Rams players gav 110 percent. Hughes wasn't at his best but Cloughie said he has a Knee problem.

A workman like performance against one of the better sides in the Division is the best we could have asked for today. I would have taken a draw before hand anyway...

As for the striker, I don't see where he'd fit in, Clough wont drop Sammon and our top scorer from last season can barely get a game. I reckon the more options we have from midfield the more likely we are to score. Sammon could be a Heskey type for us and provide, letting players around him score.

Another thing, you can't stand back and say 'Brighton are good with the ball'.

Why can't we get it off them?

Why are we chasing shadows?

I'm still happy like. I accept Brighton are more advanced. Just I don't want us to admire them too much. I'd rather look at what we did badly than what bloody Brighton and Hove did well. Bugger them..... so to speak

I think it was a tough one to call today for Nige, going 4-5-1 and packing the midfield, which didn't allow too many chances, worked ok it seems, but it also allowed the Brighton back 4 all the time in the world to distribute it out.

Maybe we could have pressed them better with an extra bod upfront but then that opens the door for them to break us down easier.

I doubt (and hope) we will see much more of that formation at home.

but back on topic i think everyone could learn a thing or two from hinton and the rest of the legends back then.

i wish i could if seen it. Damn my youthful age!!

It's incredible to look back on the football I have witnessed, the fab gigs I've been to in my 62 years, along with everything else that I've been through.

However, I recall in my teens that my elders (and betters?wisers?) used to tell me how football was better in Finney's Carter's etc day. And that 40's music was so much superior to this rubbish that classes as music in 1967!

You have to play the hand you get, and at least you young uns of today can judge for yourself via Youtube etc.

Who knows? There may be glory years just around the corner, and you'll be young enough to enjoy them and then old enough to appreciate them!

It's incredible to look back on the football I have witnessed, the fab gigs I've been to in my 62 years, along with everything else that I've been through.

However, I recall in my teens that my elders (and betters?wisers?) used to tell me how football was better in Finney's Carter's etc day. And that 40's music was so much superior to this rubbish that classes as music in 1967!

You have to play the hand you get, and at least you young uns of today can judge for yourself via Youtube etc.

Who knows? There may be glory years just around the corner, and you'll be young enough to enjoy them and then old enough to appreciate them!

I remember seeing a clip of derby back in their day.

It was a free kick and instead of shooting the taker, I think it was dave mackay, chipped the ball over the wall and someone (macfarland?) ran on to it and scored. When I saw that I thought "that's genius" we should do that now. I've never seen any one do it it would be great to see.

It's just a question. I think our midfield is our weakest area, if we are to bring in anyone - loans included - I'd get a centre mid and give our more attack minded players more scope to attack.

I think midfeild is our strongest area but we lack depth. We need cover especially when playing 3 games in 6 days.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived