Huddersfield Town v Derby County

froggg

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want 3 pints or more of Real Ale try the 'Head of Steam' and the 'Kings Head' either side of Huddersfield Railways Station, or the Sportsman close by on John William Street. Then there's 'The Grove' on Spring Grove St or the 'Rat and Ratchet' on Chapel Hill but these two are about 20/15 minutes walk from the Stadium. Wearing/showing colours might be a problem in the ones next to the station or in town generally. On Leeds Road there's the 'Yorkshire Rose' which is a modern family food type pub with a range of Real Ales and less than ten minutes walk from the Stadium.

Generally the pubs in the town are friendly as long as you don't get mouthy! There's plenty to go at too and the ones to avoid usually have a noticeable police presence.

Have a good drink! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

We have a couple of injury worries which could affect how we line up. Crucially, we need a settled side in the coming weeks to establish ourselves, settle any nerves and create a platform to work from. A win tomorrow would go a long way to making this happen! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Okay...Up and about reasonably early and starting to go through the usual match day routine. I think I need a decent breakfast because I'm just in the mood for few pre-match 'brighteners' today - didn't touch a drop last night! 'My local' opens at 12noon, so a swift couple in there, then the train over to Hudders via 'The West Riding' bar in Dewsbury station (always worth a visit). A little tour round town to meet with some other 'lifers' then on to the match. I've not seen most of them since last season so there'll no doubt be plenty stories to catch up on regarding how 'silly' Wembley got last May.

As for the outcome of today's match? Still undecided. I know it's a cliche but if we play as we can, work hard, keep focussed and disciplined then we stand every chance of taking all three points. Obviously I'd feel much more confident if Jordan was still with us because even in a match seemingly heading for a stalemate he had the knack of pulling something out of the fire at the death. However, all that's done and dusted now.

My heart says 3-1 to the Terriers, my head thinks Derby County will be tough opposition for us so I can see them taking at least a point.

Here's to a good game either way! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Okay...Up and about reasonably early and starting to go through the usual match day routine. I think I need a decent breakfast because I'm just in the mood for few pre-match 'brighteners' today - didn't touch a drop last night! 'My local' opens at 12noon, so a swift couple in there, then the train over to Hudders via 'The West Riding' bar in Dewsbury station (always worth a visit). A little tour round town to meet with some other 'lifers' then on to the match. I've not seen most of them since last season so there'll no doubt be plenty stories to catch up on regarding how 'silly' Wembley got last May.

As for the outcome of today's match? Still undecided. I know it's a cliche but if we play as we can, work hard, keep focussed and disciplined then we stand every chance of taking all three points. Obviously I'd feel much more confident if Jordan was still with us because even in a match seemingly heading for a stalemate he had the knack of pulling something out of the fire at the death. However, all that's done and dusted now.

My heart says 3-1 to the Terriers, my head thinks Derby County will be tough opposition for us so I can see them taking at least a point.

Here's to a good game either way! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Me and my brother will be in the West Riding Bar from 12-1.30ish if you want to say hello and have some friendly pre match banter. I'll be wearing a gaudy check shirt as that one looked least creased this morning.

I was at the Macalpine stadium last time we played Huddesfield in a Christmas time league match. If my memory serves me correctly we won with a Ron Willhelms goal and then went on a run under Jim Smith that saw us promoted that season? Was a freeeeezing cold boxing day game.

I saw us (yes I AM that old!) beat The Terriers 3-0 or something like that in the early 70s at the Baseball Ground. Frank Worthington played for Town that day and spent all game sulking!!

Rams to win 0-2 today. Huddersfield have done really well to get promotion to this league but will struggle to stay in it.

Archived