Huddersfield Town v Derby County

froggg

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does Clough do this? Jacobs is the safe obvious choice to replace Coutts, if we don't perform this decision will be crucified. Let's hope that Doyle has a great game, but I am all of a sudden a lot more concerned than I was ten minutes ago....

Doyle's performances for the U21s have been brilliant. Shouldn't places be awarded on merit?

Call me stupid, but I think Doyle should be judged on training and U21 performances. Not one game 10 months ago.

But hey ho.

Rams boss Nigel Clough makes one enforced change to the side that won so convincingly over Watford at Pride Park Stadium, prior to the international break.

Despite returning to training yesterday, former Preston North End midfielder Paul Coutts misses out through illness, so in comes American youth international Conor Doyle on the right-hand side of midfield.

Doyle is handed his first start for the Club in 10 months, after last appearing in the side’s 3-2 defeat Peterborough United at London Road in November last season.

The 20-year-old has been in fine form for the Rams’ newly formed under-21 team this season; netting two goals in the side’s last three games against Sheffield Wednesday, Leicester City and Leeds United respectively.

Elsewhere, James O’Connor keeps his place in the starting XI following impressive displays in the Rams’ previous three fixtures, whilst Jake Buxton has to make do with a place amongst the substitutes.

Gareth Roberts has fully recovered from the hamstring complaint he picked up in the 5-1 victory over the Hornerts at Pride Park that forced the former Doncaster Rovers defender to withdraw midway through the second half.

Doyle's performances for the U21s have been brilliant. Shouldn't places be awarded on merit?

Call me stupid, but I think Doyle should be judged on training and U21 performances. Not one game 10 months ago.

But hey ho.

Hey Stupid! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

I am just saying that it is a very brave decision that opens up Cloughie for criticism if it all goes pear shaped this afto. I admire he has the guts to make the decision that is obviously based on U21 and training, but Jacobs has hardly been a slouch either in that regard. Put it this way if Jacobs had been selected and we played poorly how many would have been saying Cloughie is an idiot as he should have picked Doyle!? I hope Conor has a blinder and justifies the decision

Hey Stupid! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

I am just saying that it is a very brave decision that opens up Cloughie for criticism if it all goes pear shaped this afto. I admire he has the guts to make the decision that is obviously based on U21 and training, but Jacobs has hardly been a slouch either in that regard. Put it this way if Jacobs had been selected and we played poorly how many would have been saying Cloughie is an idiot as he should have picked Doyle!? I hope Conor has a blinder and justifies the decision

I'm just glad that Clough is not picking players on what the reaction might be from supporters if we end up playing rubbish.

Has anyone seen Doyle in the U21s this season and if so, what's he been like?

Anyway, so glad that negative ninny Coutts has been axed.

I'm just glad that Clough is not picking players on what the reaction might be from supporters if we end up playing rubbish.

Don't disagree, but if he is wrong it is more ammunition for those that criticise him for these very decisions and after enough of these types of decisions perhaps there is enough evidence to say they are right to react that way.

Archived