Huddersfield Town v Derby County

froggg

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no. Really?

Makes us sound like Leeds that sort of talk.

Besides, Huddersfield have history too. Nowt wrong with Udders.

Well fact is we should beat teams like Hudersfield if we want to get promoted. We have been in this league for several years now and we should be improving. Huddersfield have just sneaked promotion from League One and sold their best player. Yet nothing to choose between the two teams today.

Driving back from Hudds and have that on the radio, how cringeworthy was it?

"we should be beating teams like Huddersfield".

Sav: "why?"

Bloke: "because we're derby...".

Where do these people come from? So embarrassing.

Did you predict a Huddersfield win?

Most of the posters on here had derby down for a win, the difference is?

Back from match . Conceded poor goal down our left in the first minute . Thereafter 89+ minutes where neither team made any significant scoring chances. Our defence was rarely troubled . Our midfield played a lot of tippy tappy stuff with no end product. Ward was a disappointment on a number of occasions. He seemed to overcomplicate things by trying to beat a man a second time rather than getting the cross or pass in. Connor Salmon was isolated but did well when he got the ball.Players seemed to lack the ability to make space to receive a pass or to threaten the opposition. Doyle was no worse or no better than the others . The Derby support was amazing from start to finish shame the team couldn't reach the same standard

Non league management performed in the championship!

Clough out.

Did you predict a Huddersfield win?

Most of the posters on here had derby down for a win, the difference is?

I and most on here understand Huddersfield aren't a bad team and this divisions a free for all?

It's a very ignorant view to think we should be beating every team going.

I and most on here understand Huddersfield aren't a bad team and this divisions a free for all?

It's a very ignorant view to think we should be beating every team going.

So you thought we would lose fair enough, I don't think it's an ignorant view to have marked this as a game that we should have won.

The division is a free for all excuse is a card mostly played when we lose.

Starving hungry so a quick response!

We (Terriers) needed that! It wasn't a classic but I'm fast coming to the conclusion we're finding our feet in the Championship. Apart from Forest in our first home game (sorry) no team has really had the upper hand over us. They really were very, very good! (Sorry again!) Derby are clearly a decent side at this level so I'm pleased with the points. The truth is, I don't think we've actually shown our potential or hit form yet, that said, I thought we played well in patches today! Derby looked 'the business' for lengthy spells in the second half without really threatening our goal.

Good vocal support from you Rams in a stadium that's now famous for being acoustically dead. Which means whatever stand you're in feels like you're out-singing the rest of the place but in fact it's sounds pretty tame from the other stands.

Now for some Tuna Pancakes and white wine. A post match favourite!

AceT (HTFC) 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I don't mind losing a game in which we actually compete - we looked of the pace both mentally and physically in the first half . A little better in the second Huddersfield were never a major threat on our goal but surely we should be doing better away from home .where was the threat . Where was the invention?this didn't look like a promotion chasing Derby team to me .

I don't mind losing a game in which we actually compete - we looked of the pace both mentally and physically in the first half . A little better in the second Huddersfield were never a major threat on our goal but surely we should be doing better away from home .where was the threat . Where was the invention?this didn't look like a promotion chasing Derby team to me .

I agree - we don't look like a promotion team. I've seen the last 3 games now, and this was disappointing compared to Wolves and Watford. I felt we deserved a draw but no more today.

I think this will be the pattern of the season - win one, lose one, and another mid-table finish. I don't see us progressing much on last season.

I thought we looked slower and weaker in most positions, especially in the first half. Dragged ourselves back into the game after an awful first 15 minutes, dominated most of the second half without threatening. Could have had a penalty at the end, but the ref was unsighted. They look average. Unfortunately today, that was enough.

Ratings

Fielding 6 - one good save, couldn't do anything about the goal, i could have played in goal the rest of time

Brayford 6 - steady in defence, got forward a lot, but no end product

Roberts 6 - steady, but should have got more crosses in when we dominated

O'connor 6 - did ok, but clearly a full back at centre back

Keogh - 8- pick of the defenders, brought the ball out well

Doyle - 5.5 - poor first 15 minutes then showed some grit to get back in the game, out of position though

Hendrick - 5.5 very poor start,better second half

Bryson - 7.5 best midfield player, got everywhere, supported forwards

Hughes - 6.5 anonymous first half, moved centrally second half and dictated the game for 30 minutes

Ward - 5 crap. held onto the ball too long, poor decision making had good 10 minutes second half

Sammon - 5.5 worked hard but control let him down at times, little service

Jacobs 6 - has some tricks and can take a good corner, but very slow

Did we play a 4-5-1 ?

If so why couldn't ward or Doyle play upfront in 4-4-2 as cloughs said Doyle prefers cf than out wide?

Why play doyle at all.

He is ****.

Gave the ball away four or five times in the first 20 minutes so all attacks fizzled out.

Trots around at half pace. Can.'t tackle, can't shoot, can't beat a man....Paul thirwell II

Why no davies or jacobs from the start?

Please don't try to defend nigel over this doyle fetish.

It was a poor game DCFC_17. I think they had 2 efforts on goal, and I'm not sure we actually made their keeper save anything!! We played some nice football at times, with no cutting edge. I was slightly disappointed with the team selection and subs as well. but, no better chance to put that right than with 2 home games!!

By the way - did anybody else turn up with tickets collected from DCFC to be turned away and sent round to the ticket office as they "weren't proper tickets"?

Archived