Pressure is on Clough to deliver. Starting today.

Boycie

I've got a degree in theology, but I'm a complete idiot when it comes to physics.

Perhaps the suggestion is that you're a complete idiot when it comes to football...?

I've got three degrees but i'm still a bloody idiot.

Today for me its about the performance, because i got bored of watching craap.

I'm hoping to see a good performance and not by passing backwards and forwards to the back four.

It would be silly to put extra pressure on ourselves just because forest have some cash to splash.

.....and i don't even want to have to think about phil brown.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew as soon as Doughty put for Forest for sale that things could get nasty.

If a Derby fan can't say "we're ***** but atleast we're better than Forest" then what you'll get is thousands of disgruntled Derby fans looking to change something.

I knew there was a good chance of Forest being bought by rich fookers.

Big but off the radar

Good fanbase and lots of fans to win back(as far as being off the radar is concerned

Big City

History

Debt written off.

They're a well known club. What's not to like. It's the perfect hobby for some rich geezer looking for a toy but wanting a bargain. Like property restoration.

When McCarthy said no I really hoped there was no money there. But it seems there might be.

When your finishing nowhere every year and your transfer windows are about as exciting as a shopping trip it's natural to look to your rivals and similar clubs. You can't look left or right now without seeing two clubs that "could be us".

If they both keep spending they'll get it right eventually. For a while it might be a mish mash of mercs. But keep spending they'll find that balance.

Then you'll get Derby fans aiming frustration towards board and/or manager. Not on a forum either.

Finishing 10th - 18th will get old very quickly if Forest get any glory.

C'mon Derby. Get your finger out. Is it really too much to have Keogh AND Shackell? It's a question that people will be asking if we lose and Billy Sharp score a hat-trick!!

I've got three degrees but i'm still a bloody idiot.

Today for me its about the performance, because i got bored of watching craap.

I'm hoping to see a good performance and not by passing backwards and forwards to the back four.

.....and i don't even want to have to think about phil brown.

Three Degrees 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' /> , Sheila Ferguson what a body 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Going to boycie's thread opening post. I still support the manger and I still support the board but like boycie's says my morale in the club is at a low. Doesn't help with what's happening at Forest, and with the lack of activity in the transfer market last night is leaving frustrated.

Hope you're feeling better Hucknall 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> .

I am - and a number of my Happy Clapping friends will be too!

Not so sure about some of the others though. We need to milk times like this because there will be other days when we haven't quite as much to cheer about [ and the oppo will be having their day instead :p ].

Well I'll give my opinion for what it's worth.

Any supporter calling for Cloughs sacking irrespective of todays result is a complete idiot.

This is his team, yes. Would it be his chosen team? No, most certainly not. You cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Keep us around 14th/15th position and he's done a good job. Anything else and the guy is doing wonders.

Where is the praise for Clough on this forum?

Where is the praise for finding so many players for absolute peanuts?

He's bought in countless players who couldn't get a look in at clubs lower in league positions than ourselves and you claim the majority of fans will call for his head!?

Nonsense. Absolute and total nonsense.

Just though I'd comment on this post, despite today's superb result.

He brought in countless players? Yes I agree; Moxey, Cywka, Martin, Deeney, Maguire, Porter. How much did all those cost in wages and transfer fees?

14/15th acceptable? your deluded mate. We played Watford off the park today and that surely is expected considering A) They have 12 new (Italian) players adapting to the English game B ) They have a manager still adapting to management and C) Because we are genuinely a better side.

Everyone will hail Clough because of this result, but despite being 5-0 up He decided to sit back which resulted in them scoring. We should have gone for more, we could easily have 7 or 8 against them - they were appalling.

And what players has Clough brought in who couldn't get a look in at their previous club(s)? A bit of a odd statement. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> All the players Clough has brought were considered a key player for there club, Maybe with the exception of Bailey

We should be aiming higher than 14th, surely.

Just though I'd comment on this post, despite today's superb result.

He brought in countless players? Yes I agree; Moxey, Cywka, Martin, Deeney, Maguire, Porter. How much did all those cost in wages and transfer fees?

14/15th acceptable? your deluded mate. We played Watford off the park today and that surely is expected considering A) They have 12 new (Italian) players adapting to the English game B ) They have a manager still adapting to management and C) Because we are genuinely a better side.

Everyone will hail Clough because of this result, but despite being 5-0 up He decided to sit back which resulted in them scoring. We should have gone for more, we could easily have 7 or 8 against them - they were appalling.

And what players has Clough brought in who couldn't get a look in at their previous club(s)? A bit of a odd statement. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> All the players Clough has brought were considered a key player for there club, Maybe with the exception of Bailey

We should be aiming higher than 14th, surely.

Off the top of my head. Ward, Robinson and Coutts.

Ward had a fall out with Adams, so was hardly down to his form.

Coutts practically the same at Preston.

Robinson couldn't settle in London,

It's not like they we're all unproven or never played a game of football before outside League 1.

All those players you mentioned have played at this level and done well.

Today for me its about the performance.....

Excellent performance too.

Nigel has taken some stick so its only fair he gets some credit for that

Great team performance

Keogh superb

Bryson superb

Coutts was excellent - reminds me of james milner

O'connor very good

Great stuff.

Holloway built and only improved, Nigel had to slash and dismantle. Two very different tasks.

I'm also sure Ollie's net spend is higher.

His playoff winning team was forged with the Barker fee, + a central defense that cost virtually nothing Evatt, and Babtiste, and Taylor- Fletcher also free or virtually.

400k for Charley Adam was his biggest spend, nowhere near as much as Clough.

Oh and he also has a Chairman tighter than a ducks ar se.

Ward had a fall out with Adams, so was hardly down to his form.

Coutts practically the same at Preston.

Robinson couldn't settle in London,

It's not like they we're all unproven or never played a game of football before outside League 1.

All those players you mentioned have played at this level and done well.

but that's not what you said.

You asked which players he had brought in who weren't getting a look in at their previous clubs.. but you know what.. i dont care anyway... if you're coming on and looking to have a go when we've won 5-1 then it says a lot about you,

but that's not what you said.

You asked which players he had brought in who weren't getting a look in at their previous clubs.. but you know what.. i dont care anyway... if you're coming on and looking to have a go when we've won 5-1 then it says a lot about you,

One game doesn't make up for over 4 years of failure though mate.

You failed to mentioned Clough signed garbage like Doyle (how He gets first team football i'll never know), Martin, Cywka, Porter, Maguire, Hendrie, Alamaba, Savage (gave him an extension) etc.

The bloke has wasted afair few million on those players, Porter alone cost what? 400,000? Maguire is around the same too wasn't He? Can you blame GSE for not giving him money to spend? That alone is almost a million down the pan on those two.

Archived