Pressure is on Clough to deliver. Starting today.

Boycie

Who cares about the fackin budget? It's the league position which matters.

But for the sake of it;

Shackell was on around 10 grand a week, Barker is on around 12k and Savage was on 15k (if the budget was that tight why did we extend his fookin contract?!).

And the Jewell crap? Like the Kris Commons, Paul Green, Steven Davies and Rob Hulse who saved us from he drop under Clough?

can you prove thats what they were earning

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah but he didn't have to halve a wage bill or squad size did he. He was always building.

Blackpool's wage budget has also surely been growing while ours still shrinks.

I am talking specifically on their promotion from this league, he spent virtually nowt.

He now has the same problem we had when relegated, and up to now, he is still doing a better job.

Blackburn, Bolton, Wolves, Forest, Blackpool, Cardiff.

Wheres the other 6/8 teams better than us? Cannot serious tell me the likes of Hull, Bristol, Palace, Watford, P'boro, Boro, Ipswich, Burnley, Charlton, Millwall, Weds, Brighton.. are any better than we are.

Hull, Brighton, Burnley, Leicester and Boro certainly are. Then theres always a promoted team that do well, thrown in with a few average teams like ourselves.. 14th sounds realistic.

can you prove thats what they were earning

Do we need proof or can you just accept the assumption, if that is all it is, as being reasonable? Just curious as if it were left to the substantiated we'd have no messageboard. For the record Savages was well documented with his extension and I'd be very surprised if the other two were on much less than the figures quoted.

Do we need proof or can you just accept the assumption, if that is all it is, as being reasonable? Just curious as if it were left to the substantiated we'd have no messageboard. For the record Savages was well documented with his extension and I'd be very surprised if the other two were on much less than the figures quoted.

yes i need proof

Re wages

It said in Savage's autobiography about him taking a pay cut - but was still the highest earner at the club.

And FM is pretty accurate with wages too, I'd be surprised if it was a lot further from the figures I posted.

And how are Boro and Hull better than us squad wise? Boro have Emnes, the rest are pretty average players or are rejects (Woodgate, Miller). Can't be that good, they got beat by the mighty Millwall earlier 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

There's no reason we can't beat teams like Boro, Hull and Brighton. None of those three sides are any better than us, c'mon man. Brighton? really? They have Mackail Smith, who else would walk into our side?

They just have a good manager who knows what He's doing, gets the best out of his players and want's to get the club promoted rather than sit in this league for the next 5 years.

Re wages

It said in Savage's autobiography about him taking a pay cut - but was still the highest earner at the club.

And FM is pretty accurate with wages too, I'd be surprised if it was a lot further from the figures I posted.

And how are Boro and Hull better than us squad wise? Boro have Emnes, the rest are pretty average players or are rejects (Woodgate, Miller). Can't be that good, they got beat by the mighty Millwall earlier 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

There's no reason we can't beat teams like Boro, Hull and Brighton. None of those three sides are any better than us, c'mon man. Brighton? really? They have Mackail Smith, who else would walk into our side?

They just have a good manager who knows what He's doing, gets the best out of his players and want's to get the club promoted rather than sit in this league for the next 5 years.

Football manager!!!! Lol I just spat out my coffee

Who cares about the fackin budget? It's the league position which matters.

But for the sake of it;

Shackell was on around 10 grand a week, Barker is on around 12k and Savage was on 15k (if the budget was that tight why did we extend his fookin contract?!).

And the Jewell crap? Like the Kris Commons, Paul Green, Steven Davies and Rob Hulse who saved us from he drop under Clough?

What are you on man?

We've just won 5-1.

How can you not be celebrating that. You must really have to hate clough to not be delighted for the club tonight,

FM is actually pretty accurate for the wages, believe it or not.

C'mon then how much do you reckon Barker, Shackell, Savage were/are on then?

I'll even take a picture of the paragraph out of Savages book about him taking a 8k cut in wages to make him 15k, to back myself up in that argument.

FM is actually pretty accurate for the wages, believe it or not.

C'mon then how much do you reckon Barker, Shackell, Savage were/are on then?

I'll even take a picture of the paragraph out of Savages book about him taking a 8k cut in wages to make him 15k, to back myself up in that argument.

I believe savage, but go on carry on digging a hole with football manager.

What are you on man?

We've just won 5-1.

How can you not be celebrating that. You must really have to hate clough to not be delighted for the club tonight,

I don't hate him, I just don't think He's much cop at this level.

Like I said, 1 win doesn't make 4 and a half years of failure under him and the owners.

If he was Brown though he would have been gone two years ago, were we that capable then ??

Aaaagh you basta you've done it again..........where are me tablets, where are me tablets...

Archived