Pressure is on Clough to deliver. Starting today.

Boycie

After our dear neighbours have brought in some quality players, and players who our manager had flirted with wanting himself, Clough now finds himself under the microscope.

The Pride Park boo brigade will be out in force today if we don't win against Watford. The general moral with the supporters, in my opinion, is low again. I speak to a lot of customers about Derby, and I have to say, a lot of the comments are that they are not sure about Nigel, and is it time for a change?

This current team is 100% Clough bought, or academy born. Will they deliver a moral boosting win, never mind performance today? An ugly win is what is required, just a win.

It's alright playing decent football, but it's all about results. If we continue like this, before long we will be playing catch up.

I think the game at the city ground will be a massive one, as normal, but if we get stuffed heavily again, I think Clough will be under extreme pressure from the majority of the fans.

Of course, it's the owners who have tied his hands, but, it's poor old Nigel who will have to take the rap.

No owners have ever sacked themselves after bad performances have they?

Just my opinion.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'll give my opinion for what it's worth.

Any supporter calling for Cloughs sacking irrespective of todays result is a complete idiot.

This is his team, yes. Would it be his chosen team? No, most certainly not. You cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Keep us around 14th/15th position and he's done a good job. Anything else and the guy is doing wonders.

Where is the praise for Clough on this forum?

Where is the praise for finding so many players for absolute peanuts?

He's bought in countless players who couldn't get a look in at clubs lower in league positions than ourselves and you claim the majority of fans will call for his head!?

Nonsense. Absolute and total nonsense.

I am not a fan of our manager and never have been; I don't rate him or his backroom staff. However he needs to be given this season to show what he can do with what is entirely his squad now. Unless we are rock bottom by Christmas I think it would be madness to start calling for his head.

If we can get someone that is as dedicated to bringing youth players into the squad, someone who will make do working with a depleted squad and never knowing when someone will need to be sold, someone who can get this group of players to finish higher in the league AND someone who will do all that for one of the lowest salaries in the league, then we should get him.

But he doesn't exist. Clough's doing a good job, in my opinion.

To be honest, our squad as it stands is no better or worse than most in the division. I'd reckon there are only 6 or 7 sides who have definitely got better squads on paper. However, every game depends not on the teams on paper, but how they play on the day. Get that bit right, and we'll be fine.

It is galling to see the reds with an apparently open cheque book and signing some quality, (B*******s) but we can't do owt about them.

This Derby team will click, hopefully today, against a good but possibly not as physical as the other teams we have so far played, Watford.

I can see some are losing patience but I am convinced Nigel and this team will come good.

sideshowbob, Florest fans call Clough NLN. For this reason alone no Derby fan should ever call him that in my opinion.

Fans who think Clough is a good manager doing a good job are not happy with 14th but understand that with our budget any higher is a significant achievement!

Well I'll give my opinion for what it's worth.

Any supporter calling for Cloughs sacking irrespective of todays result is a complete idiot.

This is his team, yes. Would it be his chosen team? No, most certainly not. You cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Keep us around 14th/15th position and he's done a good job. Anything else and the guy is doing wonders.

Where is the praise for Clough on this forum?

Where is the praise for finding so many players for absolute peanuts?

He's bought in countless players who couldn't get a look in at clubs lower in league positions than ourselves and you claim the majority of fans will call for his head!?

Nonsense. Absolute and total nonsense.

(1]) So when would enough be enough in your case ??

(2) If his name was Phil Brown, under the same restraints, would you give him the same clemency ?

(1]) So when would enough be enough in your case ??

(2) If his name was Phil Brown, under the same restraints, would you give him the same clemency ?

1) If we were seriously under performing.

2) The same clemency? Clough has perfomed above expectations IMO given the circumstances.

Now I have answered your questions perhaps you could answer mine.

1) Just what do you you think Clough could have done differently that would have achieved more on the pitch?

2) Could you give me the name of another manager who could have found so many hidden gems capable of playing championship football for next to nothing?

I must be a complete idiot then, obviously they hand out Honours degrees in Physics to anyone nowadays 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I'm quite interested in finding out exactly what you expect from our manager. What do you think he is doing wrong? Are you unhappy with his signings and if so, who would you have signed?

I must be a complete idiot then, obviously they hand out Honours degrees in Physics to anyone nowadays 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I've got a degree in theology, but I'm a complete idiot when it comes to physics.

Perhaps the suggestion is that you're a complete idiot when it comes to football...?

1) If we were seriously under performing.

2) The same clemency? Clough has perfomed above expectations IMO given the circumstances.

Now I have answered your questions perhaps you could answer mine.

1) Just what do you you think Clough could have done differently that would have achieved more on the pitch?

2) Could you give me the name of another manager who could have found so many hidden gems capable of playing championship football for next to nothing?

1) never wanted him here in the first place.

2) Holloway, got promotion with the money he got from Clough .

I've got a degree in theology, but I'm a complete idiot when it comes to physics.

Perhaps the suggestion is that you're a complete idiot when it comes to football...?

Perhaps the suggestion is that anyone who disagrees with mcsilks opinion is wrong, very broadminded even if I do say so myself

Perhaps the suggestion is that anyone who disagrees with mcsilks opinion is wrong, very broadminded even if I do say so myself

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm not saying you're right, either.

Nor am I saying whether McSilk's opinion is right or wrong.

I'm merely endeavouring to clarify his opinion for you. And I AM saying that a degree in physics doesn't mean you know anything about football. It's totally irrelevant, isn't it?

1) never wanted him here in the first place.

2) Holloway, got promotion with the money he got from Clough .

You really didn't answer question 1 and if that is really your answer to question 2 then you are saying that any manager who has to hugely reduce the wage bill should lose their job if they don't finish above clubs who have much larger spending power.

Do you live in the real world?

That's like saying that half of the premiership managers should lose their job as they fail to finish in the top 4.

You really didn't answer question 1 and if that is really your answer to question 2 then you are saying that any manager who has to hugely reduce the wage bill should lose their job if they don't finish above clubs who have much larger spending power.

Do you live in the real world?

That's like saying that half of the premiership managers should lose their job as they fail to finish in the top 4.

You really don't listen to what people say do you.

Clough can do NOTtHING for me I do not and never have wanted him here.

You asked me to name a manager that could do a better job, I answered you, and you still try to twist things in your favour, I will say no more.

Discuss with yourself 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Archived