Pressure is on Clough to deliver. Starting today.

Boycie

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope you're feeling better Hucknall 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> .

I am - and a number of my Happy Clapping friends will be too!

Not so sure about some of the others though. We need to milk times like this because there will be other days when we haven't quite as much to cheer about [ and the oppo will be having their day instead :p ].

there is rather big smile on face, that scoreline and Performance has lift a huge weight off my shoulders

One game doesn't make up for over 4 years of failure though mate.

4 years of failure?!

Fluckin'ell, i've been disappointed here and there but I wouldn't quite go that extreme.

What do you think the expectations from the board have been?

"Half our wage bill Nige but if you don't get promoted you're getting the sack". Right-o 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Yeah, He has maybe met his expectations set by the board, but that's solely because they are so low anyone with two eyeballs and a set of nostrils could meet them.

This season should be to surely get amongst the play off places. How many more seasons does He need?!

Last season was all about rebuilding, the season before that was all about rebuilding, the season before that...

What are we "building"?! a new Olympic stadium?

Say what you like about Clough, his man-management style, his "fallings out" with players, with negativity and bad substitutions et al - today's result was a cracker and he deserves to sit back and get praised for it.

One swallow does not a summer make - but let's at least enjoy the win we have. Pressure on Clough starts again on Saturday and will be back week in, week out.

If you're critical of Clough fair enough - but in the same measure you've got to give him credit for today.

Yeah, He has maybe met his expectations set by the board, but that's solely because they are so low anyone with two eyeballs and a set of nostrils could meet them.

This season should be to surely get amongst the play off places. How many more seasons does He need?!

Last season was all about rebuilding, the season before that was all about rebuilding, the season before that...

Have you not noticed that there are other teams in this league too?

you're not another pessimist are you?

Whats the rush?

Theres plenty of big teams who have been out of the PL longer than us that haven't gotten any closer than we have, we haven't dipped into league 1 like most too! (Yet 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mellow' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':mellow:' /> )

We're building a club/team that will hopefully compete with the best under the FFP. Thats not down to Nige's choice, it's the boards "project".

His playoff winning team was forged with the Barker fee, + a central defense that cost virtually nothing Evatt, and Babtiste, and Taylor- Fletcher also free or virtually.

400k for Charley Adam was his biggest spend, nowhere near as much as Clough.

Oh and he also has a Chairman tighter than a ducks ar se.

Yeah but he didn't have to halve a wage bill or squad size did he. He was always building.

Blackpool's wage budget has also surely been growing while ours still shrinks.

Clough has done a great job in improving the squad whilst lowering the wage bill..

But if he can't get them to perform or the performances on the pitch are average, boring, hoofball etc.. then he's simply failing at his job.. A manager doesn't deserve to be in the job for the team he puts together, a manager deserves to be in the job for the results and performances on the pitch..

Clough could go and find us 11 Lionel Messis for free.. But if we're failing on the pitch the blame simply lies with him.. I don't understand why some people totally diregard the on pitch matters when telling everyone else how good a job Clough has done..

He's only done a good job when we're successful on the pitch.. Until then, whilst doing a good job in other areas, the bread and butter area of football management (on pitch matters) is what is stopping me from saying he's the right man for DCFC..

Regarding his signings, if he fails at management maybe someone like Villa should sign him up as a scout.. He certainly has a knack of picking up cheap players who can perform at their repsective level..

Have you not noticed that there are other teams in this league too?

Yeah clubs like Millwall, Bristol, Peterborough, Barnsley, ...

Whom despite having little to spend still manage to compete in this league, just like ourselves...

But instead we'll all hail Sir Nigel eh?

Whom despite having little to spend still manage to compete in this league, just like ourselves...

at the moment Peterborough aren't and what do you mean by by competing challenging for promotion because those teams certainly aren't

Yes, you've just picked the crap teams. There are 10 clubs that have better budgets. They can afford our team twice over. And you expect us to build at a faster rate than them?

It's not "hail sir Nigel", it's a case of "take a look at other reasons around you".

Even if we had all the money in the world it would have taken two seasons to shift the Jewell crap.

We were the worst team ever, remember?

Whats the rush?

Theres plenty of big teams who have been out of the PL longer than us that haven't gotten any closer than we have, we haven't dipped into league 1 like most too! (Yet 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mellow' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':mellow:' /> )

We're building a club/team that will hopefully compete with the best under the FFP. Thats not down to Nige's choice, it's the boards "project".

With the exception of the relegated sides, theres no reason why we cannot compete towards the play offs and go into ever game in hope we can win.

So why is 14/15th acceptable? Is really is'nt...

With the exception of the relegated sides, theres no reason why we cannot compete towards the play offs and go into ever game in hope we can win.

So why is 14/15th acceptable? Is really is'nt...

Because on paper theres probably 12/13 better teams than us?

I wouldn't rule out a play off push, theres no guessing with this division. But with the team we have, the age of the team and how teams that I rate above us have strengthened to their already better teams.. midtables about right for this work in progress team in my opinion. I'd love to see us click all season and Sammon go on to lead us up the table, I just think we'll be up and down but comfortable in midtable.

Yes, you've just picked the crap teams. There are 10 clubs that have better budgets. They can afford our team twice over. And you expect us to build at a faster rate than them?

It's not "hail sir Nigel", it's a case of "take a look at other reasons around you".

Even if we had all the money in the world it would have taken two seasons to shift the Jewell crap.

We were the worst team ever, remember?

Who cares about the fackin budget? It's the league position which matters.

But for the sake of it;

Shackell was on around 10 grand a week, Barker is on around 12k and Savage was on 15k (if the budget was that tight why did we extend his fookin contract?!).

And the Jewell crap? Like the Kris Commons, Paul Green, Steven Davies and Rob Hulse who saved us from he drop under Clough?

Because on paper theres probably 12/13 better teams than us?

Blackburn, Bolton, Wolves, Forest, Blackpool, Cardiff.

Wheres the other 6/8 teams better than us? Cannot serious tell me the likes of Hull, Bristol, Palace, Watford, P'boro, Boro, Ipswich, Burnley, Charlton, Millwall, Weds, Brighton.. are any better than we are.

Archived