Why does Pearson keep playing Blackman

plymouthram

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Yeah, it's Blackman who deserves our criticism right now. He's the issue. 

Give the bloke break. Can you honestly say we've really seen all he has to offer? Or that he's had a proper chance to show it?

Whilst you may have a point. He hasn't once looked like he can cut at Derby. 

I suspect he looks decent in training because he's quick, strong and has a decent long range shot but the guy has absolutely no footballing brain and constantly makes poor decisions on the pitch.

Just now, brady1993 said:

Whilst you may have a point. He hasn't once looked like he can cut at Derby. 

I suspect he looks decent in training because he's quick, strong and has a decent long range shot but the guy has absolutely no footballing brain and constantly makes poor decisions on the pitch.

He's probably performed as well as Martin has since he joined, and got given a fraction of the playing time. 

6 minutes ago, swadieram said:

When Arri was at the club he said Blackman  was on of the best players he had coached ! 

Nick Blackman a 26 yr old (27 in November) had 9 clubs including loans made a total of 207 league app, scored a whopping 44 goals. He is a below average Championship player who is never going to improve at this stage of his life.

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

He's probably performed as well as Martin has since he joined, and got given a fraction of the playing time. 

Although I'd strongly disagree with that, not once did I compare him to Martin and you haven't presented anything resembling an argument for him to be playing.  

2 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Nick Blackman a 26 yr old (27 in November) had 9 clubs including loans made a total of 207 league app, scored a whopping 44 goals. He is a below average Championship player who is never going to improve at this stage of his life.

Vydra's stats aren't all that more impressive, and he came with a significantly bigger price tag.

I fortunately wasn't at the Blackburn game; however a lot of rams fans were saying that when we fell 2-1 down, Blackman was the only one who was still showing for the ball and not hiding. He may not be the best player technically, but if he looks committed, he will always get a chance with Pearson. 

3 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

Vydra's stats aren't all that more impressive, and he came with a significantly bigger price tag.

Matej Vydra a 24 yr old (2yr 7mth younger than Blackman) similar amount of clubs 185 appearances 52 goals and 17 senior international caps for his country

Was his cross for Vydra to head at 1-1 where their keeper makes a ridiculous save. 

I actually think he has looked quite good this season. Has a good touch, and has had a couple of efforts from range that have not missed by much, when he's coming on with fifteen minutes to go it's tough for him to make an impact. When he gets a goal I really think they might flow for him. He deserves it cause his attitude seems spot on to me.

17 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

I fortunately wasn't at the Blackburn game; however a lot of rams fans were saying that when we fell 2-1 down, Blackman was the only one who was still showing for the ball and not hiding. He may not be the best player technically, but if he looks committed, he will always get a chance with Pearson. 

I'd agree with that. He seems like a decent player and he does try, but I just can't see him ever being a top end Championship player. Hopefully he proves me wrong. Right now I'd have him above Bent, Wilson, and Weimann in the pecking order to partner Vydra.

6 hours ago, plymouthram said:

But a multi millionaire  - here lyeth the problem.

Quite possibly the worst player I've seen in a Derby County shirt. Completely hopeless.

I think we may see a better Blackman this season with vydra up front and our team playing to their strengths ( eventually?) have got to say from the snippets I've seen vydra will be a better player than Martin long term ,from what I can see he's more than just a scorer ,he will pull defenders all over the place and create space for others , our goal Saturday by the way , through ball by a Pearson import finished by a Pearson import 

Not Nick's fault. He seems to have a decent attitude and will probably stick a few in once he gets one.

The problem is that Blackman, along with Butterfield, Johnson, Bent, Ince, Vydra, Pearce, Baird, Weimann and Olsson are no better than the players who were already here.

We spent a lot of money without improving a talented squad. yes we were a bit threadbare with injuries and a couple of the above were possibly needed at the time, but, overall, no improvement on what we'd got.

Not one of them would have improved the 13/14 team.

47 minutes ago, mickram said:

But a multi millionaire  - here lyeth the problem.

Quite possibly the worst player I've seen in a Derby County shirt. Completely hopeless.

If he's the worst then you've not even watching us very long. Or have been asleep.

or just hyperbole?

Archived