DCFC Fan March - 10/09/16 - 4pm Neptune (cancelled)

TomBustler1884

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The 1884 Group said:

Excited to announce this. Fed up of the negativity around dcfc? Come be part of something positive on Saturday 10th at 4pm at the spot. Pls share, tell your mates and come ready to make some noise!

20160825_182121.jpg

Kinell, that's miles away!

Any chance you could swing past the Merlin on the way?

15 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

Going to a pub, drinking, walking to the match in a group chanting and having a laugh.

Anyone would think I'd suggested dressing in pink and singing "I'm coming out" all the way there looking at some of the Twitterati reaction!!

I think it's a great idea, if I'm well enough I'll be there.

People criticising are the same people who don't go to games or those who go to games and moan and don't sing at all. I'm not sure when it became uncool to show pride in your football club. I think too many people are too afraid of what rival fans on Twitter are going to say, but that's not a good indicator.

I remember we all laughed at QPR's 'plastic' antics at Wembley when they had flags in every seat. Looking back it was genius. Opposition fans laugh at our bounce every week. It's only because they have to ridicule us. When has any Forest fan tweeted you saying "actually lads I think your support was fantastic the other night"? They wouldn't. They'd mock our expressions of love for our football club. They call our flags 'tinpot', they chant 'what the ******* hell is that?' at our bounce because they're the very things that make our atmosphere great.

Imagine if Manchester United fans could convince Liverpool that the Kop was embarrassing and YNWA was cringeworthy? Think about it for a second. Imagine how much of an edge that would give their rivalry...

Don't worry about what they think. March and sing and have fun on a matchday. And most importantly support your team every game. It's intensely liberating and fun when you don't give a ****. I was in that 'cringeworthy' video of us singing songs. I think we all knew somewhere deep down that people would mock us. We did it because that's not what's important.

We don't do all this to impress Red Dogs. BOTTOM LINE.

I think it's a great idea. 

Everyone involved needs to be on their best behavior. Any unsavoury incidents and it'll be a one off. If it works well it could be a regular pre-match event and be a brilliant thing to be involved in.

I assume that you've had a chat with the local constabulary about it. 

Archived