Derby County v Brighton

Jimbo Ram

9 minutes ago, TETRA said:

It would be interesting to know what forum fans would name as the best eleven from a mixture of Derby & Brighton players.

Brighton must have been Live on Sky as much as we were last season, & with very little changes to their squad this season it would be interesting to know what people's combined best eleven would be ?.

Mind would be : 

Carson

Bruno

Christie

Dunk

Shackell

Kayal

Hughes

Knockeart

Martin or Hemed

Murray

Ince

Subs : Martin or Hemed, Keogh, Stephens, Butterfield or Hendrick, Forsyth, Lua Lua, Stockdale

Any other suggestions ?.

My team would be

Carson

Christie Dunk Shackell Forsyth

Kayal  Stephens

Knockhaert  Hughes  Ince

Murray

What a team that would be. Perfect balance between attacking and defending. Thorne would get into the side, probably ahead of Stephens when fit

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, McLovin said:

My team would be

Carson

Kayal  Stephens

Knockhaert  Hughes  Ince

Murray

What a team that would be. Perfect balance between attacking and defending. Thorne would get into the side, probably ahead of Stephens when fit

Ha Ha, yes a team to win promotion if ever I saw one.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

My team would be

Carson

Kayal  Stephens

Knockhaert  Hughes  Ince

Murray

Blimey!

This week is going to be busy!

Bent will start .( with Ince in the hole ... . Gold plated .. Pearson wants to give him a chance and keep his motivation going and at the same time remind Chris Martin that he isn't an automatic despite his admirable scoring record. .. This is politics and man management.

with all the experiments preseason .. No idea about the rest except Christie and Keogh are 95% certain. 

Interesting times and very refreshing 

( now watch me eat the humble pie when we set up 433 with last years main men :p ) lolol 

CARSON

CHRISTIE         KEOGH      SHACKELL      OLSSON

HUGHES   BUTTERFIELD   JOHNSON

INCE

MARTIN    BLACKMAN

Based on limited reports and having been to the chesterfield game i'd probably go with

Carson

Christie               Keogh                      Shackell                   Forsyth

Hughes                    Hendrick 

Russell                                                                                 Weimann

Ince 

Bent        

I thought Bent and Weimann looked sharp and up for it against Chesterfield. Forsyth for me offers more in defence and attack than olsson, not that i think olsson isn't a good player, just fozzy played a couple of balls into the box against Chesterfield that reminded me just how good he can be.  

Hendrick has played a couple of top through balls during his two games, and looks in good shape. I think the rest of the team picks itself really, Carson, Christie, Keogh, ShackelI, Hughes, Ince and Russell.   

It sounds like Johnson, Butterfield, Martin etc are going to have to show a lot more to get into the team, but it's very early days. Blackman could be in that 11 instead of Russell or Weimann as it sounds like he has been promising.

I just can't wait for a week on saturday who ever is in the starting 11.                                                               

2 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Based on limited reports and having been to the chesterfield game i'd probably go with

Carson

Christie               Keogh                      Shackell                   Forsyth

Hughes                    Hendrick 

Russell                                                                                 Weimann

Ince 

Bent        

I thought Bent and Weimann looked sharp and up for it against Chesterfield. Forsyth for me offers more in defence and attack than olsson, not that i think olsson isn't a good player, just fozzy played a couple of balls into the box against Chesterfield that reminded me just how good he can be.  

Hendrick has played a couple of top through balls during his two games, and looks in good shape. I think the rest of the team picks itself really, Carson, Christie, Keogh, ShackelI, Hughes, Ince and Russell.   

It sounds like Johnson, Butterfield, Martin etc are going to have to show a lot more to get into the team, but it's very early days. Blackman could be in that 11 instead of Russell or Weimann as it sounds like he has been promising.

I just can't wait for a week on saturday who ever is in the starting 11.                                                               

Your opinion of course, but I thought Weimann was terrible at Chesterfield!! 

I don't think I like a central midfield duo as much as Kayal and Stephens in this division. They do the work of three central midfielders comfortably. I think it will be a good test for our new formation - whatever that may be.

Going on friendlies:

Carson

Christie       Keogh       Shackell       Forsyth

Blackman       Hughes        Hendrick         Russell

Ince

Bent

I do have to admit though, I would still be tempted to stick with the old tried (tired) and tested:

Carson

Christie      Keogh     Shackell     Forsyth

Hendrick

Hughes       Bryson/Butterfield

Ince                                                  Russell

Martin 

It'll be interesting to see if we sign anyone before then, though. 

5 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Carson

Christie Keogh Shackell Forsyth

Hendrick

Hughes Butterfield

Ince

Martin Bent

Obviously spread out horizontally more than I can be arsed to do. 

Think that would work really well against a team with a weak left back tbh

Although looking at it Carson's a little off his line, could catch us out.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Think that would work really well against a team with a weak left back tbh

I think any left back would struggle to stop that torrent of talent coming at you tbf, it's more our left back I'd be worried about. Poor Foz. 

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

I think any left back would struggle to stop that torrent of talent coming at you tbf, it's more our left back I'd be worried about. Poor Foz. 

It's alright he has the pace of Shackell helping him out. Also, anytime we're kicking towards the North Stand they'll want to stay clear of that wing through fear of being clotheslined by NP. Hadn't considered that, had you?

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

It's alright he has the pace of Shackell helping him out. Also, anytime we're kicking towards the North Stand they'll want to stay clear of that wing through fear of being clotheslined by NP. Hadn't considered that, had you?

Have you forgotten how good Brighton are. 

4-4-2 I'd have Johnson in there.

Just now, curtains said:

Have you forgotten how good Brighton are. 

Brighton are nothing compared to Pearson's forearm mate. You need to chill out. My plan is bulletproof. 

Archived