Under 23s & Academy 16/17

SaintRam

Just now, reveldevil said:

The Chelsea equaliser.

Ah OK I wasn't sure what you was on about. Thanks for clear that up Revel. 

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing feat bearing in mind virtually every one of the better/more experienced u23 have been injured or out on loan.

Rawson Hanson Vernam Guy Bennett Zanzala Lowe Elsnik

That is virtually a whole team missing

Hats off to the club, RAMSTV LIVE! coverage was fantastic.

I'd happily pay for that sort of content in the future.

Many congrats to Daz Wass, his staff and all the players, great achievement to stay in PL2 Division One against the odds.

Rams fans, rest assured, we have two bright stars for the future in Max Bird & Cameron Cresswell.

Great win under pressure. Interested to hear the views of those at the ground, @angieram, but stream was good including replays and half-time punditry from Gary Rowett and Michael Johnson.

The table now looks an awful lot healthier:

590ce24f70bdd_DCFCU23ssafe.thumb.JPG.eb3db33787075aa1b3f00cc3926674c4.JPG

You could almost think it was a case of boring mid-table mediocrity! A shame in terms of East Midlands catchment that Leicester stay up too, with Reading and the much-vaunted Southampton academy the two to go.

Enjoyed that tonight, I thought the team fought well for each other and played with spirit. 

We looked quite organised off the ball, maybe lacked a little control in midfield at times but we were always threatening going forward. Seemed to be Bennett that was getting all the ball in first half (cracking shot) and Cresswell second half. 

For all Chelsea's skilful players in possession, we held formation well and battled for possession right through the game.

Don't really want to pick out individual players as they all played a part tonight.

Ref had a bit of a card party and I was rather fascinated by the FA coaching course that was taking place right behind us - at half time they were discussing ours and Chelsea's strengths and weaknesses on and off the ball. When they came out at the beginning of the match the Leicester guys remarked on the size of the crowd (one to us, I think!)

I'm very pleased that the players get another season in PL2, they deserve it and it will be interesting to see how they go when they get Zanzala back in there. 

Sounds like the Rams TV coverage was a hit, look forward to watching the highlights.

Archived