What would we need to do to do a Leicester?

Rammeister

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'd need to change the entire team, get full backs who defend first and arent interested in joining attacks, thats the best way to get clean sheets, and get a very speedy striker to play on the break who can finish.

Thats how they have done it?

Well you did ask, what it would need for us to "do a leicester"

It's quite simple really...

Step 1: Have manager insult journalist by calling him a flightless bird.

Step 2: Send youth players to an Asian country to engage in a racial abuse filled orgy.

Step 3: Win Premier League.

I do not claim to be an expert but I do think there is an unsung hero at leicester from the few times I have seen them this season. I cannot remember his name and in attempt to be as non racist as possible lets just say I think he is of Far Eastern descent.

The engine on that guy is incredible and talk about defending from the front, plus the effect that has on his teammates.

Just my two pennies really.

But we would need to get one of them, to be fair Johnny is not miles away imho

55 minutes ago, climbon said:

It will happen again...perhaps not for a while but it will! Problem is you cannot predict who it will be. But I'll try;

Burton Albion premier league champions 2024.

Assuming Burton achieve promotion this year, by my reckoning it would take 8 years of championship consolidation, followed by 3 successive playoff failures before they reach the Premier League. Then rinse and repeat.

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Top clubs...? When was the last time Arsenal won the league...? And don't even get me started on Liverpool, it has been 26 years since they won it, most people on here weren't even thought about then..! 

I didn't say Title winners did I?

I said top clubs, Arsenal is a top club in this country, always pushing for either the title or at the very least a top 4 finish, 17 consecutive seasons in the champions league and got to the final 05/06, won the FA cup twice in the last 3 seasons. Playing in a state of the art stadium in front of 60,000 every home game near enough.

Yeah, tin pot club.

3 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Be lucky in general.

Have the big teams be inconsistent. Be consistent. Have great team spirit. Have low-impact injuries. Players don't make mistakes, or if they do, aren't punished for them. Have a head coach who's clearly great at man management, to keep the players focused. Oh, and scout out some incredible talent on the cheap.

Generally, I agree with @Srg - this isn't going to happen again. But if it does happen, it wont be to Derby. Because this is Derby. 

Brian Clough then...

2 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

I didn't say Title winners did I?

I said top clubs, Arsenal is a top club in this country, always pushing for either the title or at the very least a top 4 finish, 17 consecutive seasons in the champions league and got to the final 05/06, won the FA cup twice in the last 3 seasons. Playing in a state of the art stadium in front of 60,000 every home game near enough.

Yeah, tin pot club.

And I never said they were tin pot..but hey definitely haven't been a factor in why Leicester won the league, they were never close to winning the league this season, just like they haven't been for however many years it has been...just like Liverpool, their performance this season has been no different to any other season. 

4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

And I never said they were tin pot..but hey definitely haven't been a factor in why Leicester won the league, they were never close to winning the league this season, just like they haven't been for however many years it has been...just like Liverpool, their performance this season has been no different to any other season. 

Arsenal are 10 points worse off this season than their average at this stage over the last 3 seasons. 

If they have those 10 points, they're on equal points with Leicester. They've been worse this season than they usually are, as has every team that's usually in and around Europe with the exception of spurs. That's just fact. 

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

No, you said they weren't a top club when they clearly are.

In the last 12 seasons they have been in the top 3 for 50% of those seasons and won it once.

That was my point.

1 hour ago, Dethorn said:

I do not claim to be an expert but I do think there is an unsung hero at leicester from the few times I have seen them this season. I cannot remember his name and in attempt to be as non racist as possible lets just say I think he is of Far Eastern descent.

The engine on that guy is incredible and talk about defending from the front, plus the effect that has on his teammates.

Just my two pennies really.

But we would need to get one of them, to be fair Johnny is not miles away imho

I guess you're meaning Shiji Okazaki. I've heard he eats the same bread as Bryson.

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Arsenal are 10 points worse off this season than their average at this stage over the last 3 seasons. 

If they have those 10 points, they're on equal points with Leicester. They've been worse this season than they usually are, as has every team that's usually in and around Europe with the exception of spurs. That's just fact. 

Exactly my point, they didn't get those points, why cant that be because the general standard in the league is better, whatever it is, Leicester are the best team in the league by a long way.

2 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

No, you said they weren't a top club when they clearly are.

In the last 12 seasons they have been in the top 3 for 50% of those seasons and won it once.

That was my point.

They won the league 13 year ago....in that time, Leicester have been down to division 3, won that, won division two and now won division one....whilst Arsenal have been scraping by on a couple of FA Cups...

19 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Exactly my point, they didn't get those points, why cant that be because the general standard in the league is better, whatever it is, Leicester are the best team in the league by a long way.

General standard of the league is worse. That's been obvious to everyone all season, why not you? 

Archived