Chris Evans

blackNwhites

Blaiming Baird for Ince lack of form is astounding!

Ince has been the biggest disappointment for me this season. he cant even beat a man anymore, which is something he has to do. His workrate is really poor. Id take dawkins or Ward over him any day on Inces current form.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without joining in with the who's to blame, I'm just going to say we are 5 games into the season, too early to be writing any signings off, especially when we have had **** luck with injuries stopping Clement from picking his best team.

I understand the frustration and want to vent but come on, really? We're 5 games in, Martin looked average at best when he first came into the team.

Give Clement and the new players some time to settle in, it's still only August.

That's a reasonable request Daveo but I'm still fizzing about that first half performance yesterday, at what point did any of them think it was acceptable ?

I hope Mr Morris and Mr Rush have had Clement in this morning asking for his take on it and to get his assurances there will be no repeat any time soon.

That's a reasonable request Daveo but I'm still fizzing about that first half performance yesterday, at what point did any of them think it was acceptable ?

I hope Mr Morris and Mr Rush have had Clement in this morning asking for his take on it and to get his assurances there will be no repeat any time soon.

So was I but after sleeping it off I'm fine as we're still early on and time to pull things around. First half was just as bad as Reading for me, no passion, no desire to get forward, looked like we was still in pre season mode. Why it takes a half time bollocking for the team to wake up I'll never know. 

What has Ince done this season?

He was also in the team for the whole downslide to the end of season 2014/15

For 4.75m don't you think he should be able to beat a Championship fullback in 5 games, I do. I think he should also be able to beat his near post defender at a corner 9 times out of 10.

Steady on there a minute, your initial statement was that you'd prefer to have Jamie Ward in the side rather than Tom Ince now your muddling your argument by mentioning transfer fees. I don't dispute that Ince isn't worth the amount of money we paid for him but Ward a better player than Ince, come on now 

Give Clement and the new players some time to settle in, it's still only August.

I don't see why I should. The board sacked a good manager, who had the team playing attractive football and had delivered a 3rd and an 8th place finish on a relatively small budget, in order to bring Clement in.

They shipped out solid players who had performed well for the club in order to bring in guys on big wages, and we're expected to treat them with kid gloves in case we hurt their feelings?

How much time will the manager and players need to get their heads around the idea that we need to win a few games? I think we're all acutely aware that this season has seen unprecedented levels of investment in the squad and that isn't something a club of our size can afford to do consistently.

I don't see why I should. The board sacked a good manager, who had the team playing attractive football and had delivered a 3rd and an 8th place finish on a relatively small budget, in order to bring Clement in.

They shipped out solid players who had performed well for the club in order to bring in guys on big wages, and we're expected to treat them with kid gloves in case we hurt their feelings?

How much time will the manager and players need to get their heads around the idea that we need to win a few games? I think we're all acutely aware that this season has seen unprecedented levels of investment in the squad and that isn't something a club of our size can afford to do consistently.

I was in the minority that didn't want Mac to go, most couldn't get over the Newcastle thing and we lost our best manager in my opinion since Jim Smith, loved the football we played, the season was destroyed by injuries, much like the start to this one. 

We move on tho, Mac is history and isn't coming back and we have to...well you don't have to but I am willing to give the bloke time to settle in, get his ideas across and find his best team despite what has happened.

Always say you don't look at the league table until Christmas, we have 41 games to go, Sunderland under Roy Keane showed how you can turn a season around.

I was in the minority that didn't want Mac to go, most couldn't get over the Newcastle thing and we lost our best manager in my opinion since Jim Smith, loved the football we played, the season was destroyed by injuries, much like the start to this one. 

We move on tho, Mac is history and isn't coming back and we have to...well you don't have to but I am willing to give the bloke time to settle in, get his ideas across and find his best team despite what has happened.

Always say you don't look at the league table until Christmas, we have 41 games to go, Sunderland under Roy Keane showed how you can turn a season around.

So did Forest under Pearce :D

Mac wanted things his way and Mel wanted things his way. Basically. 

Blaiming Baird for Ince lack of form is astounding!

Ince has been the biggest disappointment for me this season. he cant even beat a man anymore, which is something he has to do. His workrate is really poor. Id take dawkins or Ward over him any day on Inces current form.

The thing is, he isn't having to beat one man, he's having to beat 3 men every time.  Without runners from deep or overlapping fullbacks, opposing defences can just double or triple up on our forwards and crowd them out.  When we've got support up alongside him (like Brum away, parts of the Charlton game and for 20 minutes against Leeds), he's been good.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXso far I've read

mac had a relatively small budget - from accounts he spent £10m in his transfer windows (its all in threads on here somewhere) and went 5 places backwards

PC is not to blame for the signings - well he has a share because players aren't signed without the managers

approval.

were doomed - its 5 games jesus

teams we've played aren't great sides - we dint know yet its only 5 games in.

I even heard someone say yesterday -"we should put Ward on"

get a grip guys, lets put it into perspective a little. We have drawn 4 and lost one. We have played well in spells, we need to get some consistency. It might well be that our squad is not as good as it has been assumed, but theres 41 more league games for us to find out.

I think I was the first to go on record to say I had doubts about Clements experience. I still have doubts but I will give him time.

so far I've read mac had a relatively small budget - from accounts he spent £10m in his transfer windows (its all in threads on here somewhere) and went 5 places backwards

How can that possibly be true?

Albentosa 600k, Thorne 2.5 million, Christie 500k. That leaves you needing to make up over £6,000,000 on loan fees and the undisclosed fees for Shotton and Warnock.

How can that possibly be true?

Albentosa 600k, Thorne 2.5 million, Christie 500k. That leaves you needing to make up over £6,000,000 on loan fees and the undisclosed fees for Shotton and Warnock.

You were a member in May when this thread was active   http://dcfcfans.uk/topic/18875-the-incredible-backing-myth/?page=4 Easy one to forget I suppose but to summarise

1) Using ramblurs analysis £6.7 million was spent on transfers in the Summer transfer window 2014

2) This did not include spending in January 2015 - Warnock, Albentosa loans of Bent, Lingard Ince which may have had a loan fee

3) The spending in the loan window after he arrived and January 2014 window - Loan Fees for Dawkins, Keane, Wisdom, Bamford, Whitbread

so thats 8 loans  - even at a modes 200k per loan thats £1.6m and Albebtosa and Warnock - mabe £1m between them (I believe ALbentosa was a little higher than £600k as there was discussion about tax between clubs - making £2,6m on top of the £6.7m in the 2014 summer window. (these are estimates by me using what i think are sensible estimates.

6.7+2,6 = £9.3m over all of Macs transfer windows

This isn't really a thread about what managers spent over 3 or 1 transfer window. It's about what's going on in the directors box, office, whatever.

They've broken a working philosophy by buying players for a different kind of philosophy.

In 5 games, we've seen moments of magic. But overall the majority of the time played makes us look incompatible. Which is an amazing achievement considering the core of the squad is absolutely compatible and can dazzle the eyes of any supporter when played together.

Archived