Kelle Roos progress at Rotherham Utd

Gary Teale

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for posting in the transfer thread - forgot we had one on here. I have been wondering if part of the Rawson deal was that they had to take and play Roos. The poor lad does seem to be struggling. I think there'll be riots in Rotherham if they keep him in for the next one. I realize the whole team is weak and under pressure, but when you're down at the bottom you cannot afford goalkeeping errors on this scale.

On the plus side, pleased to see Rawson's fit enough for the bench today. I expect he'll be in for the next game (unless that goes against any agreement!).

Described as "shocking goalkeeping". Isn't that a mistake in each game now?

Perhaps a reason why he wasn't picked despite Grant's form, clearly isn't ready or as good as we may have hoped he was.

It was hinted that Steve last season preferred Grant despite his injury (torn muscle stopping him from jumping), because Roos wasn't ready. 

He needs to learn, otherwise he may as well apply for a job at tesco now.

He's made a lot of saves to balance it out, but he needs to improve his decision making and concentration. I do think, based on ability, he is good. Mentally, he isn't ready by the looks of it. 

He's tall and has long gangly limbs, he's got a lot to do to learn how to utilise that. Right now he's just awkward and gangly but in time once he realises how far he can stretch, it'll be like having Doctor Octupus in goals.

The most worrying fact is that this lad is meant to be our upcoming keeper. By the performances he's putting out, It's not a good sign. Let's hope he can concede less than 2 next game...

It doesn't really matter. He's not letting in these goals for us.

He can easily be moved out, even if it is at the end of his contract.

Give the lad time and if it doesn't work, so be it. Nothing to worry about.

The most worrying fact is that this lad is meant to be our upcoming keeper. By the performances he's putting out, It's not a good sign. Let's hope he can concede less than 2 next game...

he?

What happened to the other ten players?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived