McClaren Gone

Cam the Ram

Was sacking McClaren the right decision?  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't see this as a harsh decision at all.

Messed up monumentally to take us from 1st to 8th in just 2 months. That's an absolute car crash with the squad we have, regardless of injuries.

Not to mention his hesistance to commit and his discerning lack of loyalty. No matter how you want to interpret it, the man was keeping his options open at all times, despite having a very important job to finish here (which, again, he failed at).

Couldn't have put it better myself. The man had ample opportunity to categorically dispell all the talk of Newcastle job. He didn't take those opportunities and that contributed to a spectacular capitulation of our season. No way back from that but it was avoidable

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not so sure it's Rush's decision. Looks as if he is just implementing the boards will.

​As Executive Officer he will have a considerable say. He may be influenced by his bosses but I highly doubt he'd roll over and accept what a Candy Crush investor says without having his own opinion.

Very poor decision, very badly handled. If the board wanted McClaren out (then they're fools) they should have got money for him. Instead of receiving £2m for his services, we'll have to give it him to pay the best coach in the division off. That's an enormous £4m chunk out of the transfer budget in the era of financial fair play.

Also, a lot of clubs are now looking for new managers. If the board wanted Clements, we'd better hope the ink dried on that particular contract a few days ago or else he'll be in much demand and is likely to go elsewhere. Then we may ultimately be left promoting Simmo from within, which would be farcical.

I have always said, if we're ever going to be as successful as I want us to be, we will have to put up with our manager and players continually being speculated about in the media.It comes with the territory. Lack of understanding of that by fans and local media has ended up contributing to this sorry situation. The only lot that should be happy about it tonight, are the gumps down the road.

​I see your trying to backtrack now after you were one of those who ridiculed me. Begging for those likes as well I see

​I don't need to 'beg for likes', basically because I'm not a pathetic, insecure child.

Shame he's gone as It all almost worked out and I do feel that some of the players have cost him his job with the stupid errors and gifting the opposition goals, there is only so much you can do standing on the touch line.

But do feel it was time for him to move on with all the speculation of Newcastle and the lack of a back-up plan etc. Confident Rush will find someone who can take us to the next level, a real tactician.

Hope we don't regret this a few months down the line and I am sad that it's all ended abit sour after all the good he's done for the club over the years.

Good luck Steve and thankyou for the best seasons of my time watching Derby, hope he goes on to prove himself at the top level once again.

​I see your trying to backtrack now after you were one of those who ridiculed me. Begging for those likes as well I see

​I wouldn't let it get to you too much - a lot of people are just cheesed off that their insistence that all the speculation was created by the media and fans turned out to be BS. Ed Dawes, Owen Bradley and the Board all seem to be under the impression that it wasn't just a media fantasy, but what do they know?

Very poor decision, very badly handled. If the board wanted McClaren out (then they're fools) they should have got money for him. Instead of receiving £2m for his services, we'll have to give it him to pay the best coach in the division off. That's an enormous £4m chunk out of the transfer budget in the era of financial fair play.

Also, a lot of clubs are now looking for new managers. If the board wanted Clements, we'd better hope the ink dried on that particular contract a few days ago or else he'll be in much demand and is likely to go elsewhere. Then we may ultimately be left promoting Simmo from within, which would be farcical.

I have always said, if we're ever going to be as successful as I want us to be, we will have to put up with our manager and players continually being speculated about in the media.It comes with the territory. Lack of understanding of that by fans and local media has ended up contributing to this sorry situation. The only lot that should be happy about it tonight, are the gumps down the road.

​Don't get this either, they should be going after oranges instead, by far the superior fruit.

​I wouldn't let it get to you too much - a lot of people are just cheesed off that their insistence that all the speculation was created by the media and fans turned out to be BS. Ed Dawes, Owen Bradley and the Board all seem to be under the impression that it wasn't just a media fantasy, but what do they know?

​You're right. I can't understand why people thought that he was actually staying

​Give over Rammy Boy :lol:

If you're so ITK can you tell us who our next manager will be please? I might put a fiver on sky bet ;)

All the indications are that the board weren't happy with how McClaren handled it publicly. I still blame the fans and media, and of course the board for being monumental fairies.

​Give over Rammy Boy :lol:

If you're so ITK can you tell us who our next manager will be please? I might put a fiver on sky bet ;)

​People on this forum still don't learn. I correctly predicted Mac going as well as Mascarell and Warnock coming here. On all occasions people said what you are saying now

Archived