Greedy Fans

inter politics

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As bored as I was by the rest of the game, I have to say that we probably benefitted more from soaking up their pressure than we would have done by winning 8-0

Soaking up pressure and defending solidly is something we can't get enough practice of - we face it almost every home game and we're still not that good at it. Practice makes perfect.

I don't think it's in our nature to try and blast teams out of the water.

We never rack up the amount of shots that our rivals do, but we win on a more consistent basis and in a controlled manner.

It's crazy to think that we've yet to go on a winless run of more than two games. How anybody can complain at that when in recent seasons we were happy to just lose 2-0 at home to Stoke City in the FA Cup is beyond me.

People always find something to gripe about.I could be wrong...but I dare say if we had went all out yesterday and won 5-0 some would still say 'Fine and dandy that...but damn it just one or two more passes or that corner kick was awful we could have had 2 more'.

Ffs I like just concentrating with a 2-0 lead and getting the valuable 3 points.If it comes down to GD for the top two,then our fault anyhoo for not maintaining a good cushion at the top as we are more than capable of doing.

To have the ability and confidence to kill a game off inside the first 20 mins is brilliant. We have shown recently that if we need to step it up, we can do, we may have brief nervy periods but on the whole our team does not panic.

If we were 2-0 down after 20 mins I would be confident we could get something back from the match, if we are 2-0 up how many opponents would feel confident of getting back into the match? The character in this team is fantastic.

Did my head in hearing people moan. Thankfully a few people around me was shouting we're 2-0 up stop moaning etc.

It was like last home game when they was passing it around the back and the fans we're shouting at them. Granty turned around and put his hands down as in to say calm down. I think we did in all fairness lol.

Glad Im not the only one this annoyed. Hearing th moans and groans second half when 2-0 up really got on my wick! The reason for the moaning IMO is bigger crowds, the crowds have gone up 3-4000 because we are winning. These extra, part time fans are the first ones to start moaning when we look to see a game out, they only come because they expect to see Derby destroying teams where as the fans that have been there the whole journey are focused on the bigger picture. Will be even worse next year if/when we go up!

Yeah, and I bet those fans who moaned at us not charging at the opposition would have been up in arms had we conceded a goal.

I like the fact we can be professional in closing out a game now. Also, I am impressed how we always seem to dominate possession. I am sure Clough and Taylor would have approved!

Isn't it great to have George back, too? This gives Hendrick, Hughes, Mascarell and co the freedom to express themselves. I still think we will be even better when Russell and Martin return - but maybe that's being greedy....

Everything changed when we threw away that 2 goal lead at Birmingham last season with our gung-ho tactics. Now, a 2 goal lead is seen as something to be preserved when we have it, and a 2 goal deficit is something to overcome when we trail by that margin. That's the only time we are treated to the 4-up-top cavalry charge now.

Tuesday was about keeping something in the tank for two tricky but winnable away games. If we come back home after Brighton with 6 more points in the bag, the pressure will be ratcheted up on the chasing pack to breaking-point, and one by one they will begin to fall away.

I didn't hear any moaning, but a couple of extra goals would have turned a good performance into a great performance.

i'm not sure we deliberately stopped or eased off . I think we just slowly lost the groove.

certainly bringing on the defensive midfielder shored them up. 

The challenge was to respond.

like a few have already implied 2-0 is a dangerous lead.

Archived