The Pitch

Duracell

Rubbish at the minute ennit?

Why do you think it is? Too many games? Or did we just lay down a crap pitch in the summer? Maybe the groundsman divides opinions like Keogh?

I've never known it so bad. I mean fault the BBG's pitch all you like, but at least it was consistent, thick mud. The pitch is so deceptive at the minute - it looks very green, greener than most even, but it's stupidly bobbly.

Hughes almost mis-controlled it against Sheffield Wednesday, it was that bad.

Hello? Anyone still listening? 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really noticed!! Though my mum mentioned it at the weekend, they sit in the East Stand near the half way line... 

I'm too busy passing my boy strawberry laces, drinks.. & his PSP out the bag (Fifa game of course!!) though he managed to watch half the Sheff Wed match (he's 7) :)

Rubbish at the minute ennit?

Why do you think it is? Too many games? Or did we just lay down a crap pitch in the summer? Maybe the groundsman divides opinions like Keogh?

I've never known it so bad. I mean fault the BBG's pitch all you like, but at least it was consistent, thick mud. The pitch is so deceptive at the minute - it looks very green, greener than most even, but it's stupidly bobbly.

Hughes almost mis-controlled it against Sheffield Wednesday, it was that bad.

Hello? Anyone still listening? 

its got to be rockier than the Himalayas for hughes to miscontrol that ball!

Its slowing our play down with the little bobbles players are having to take an extra touch to control it. Someone mentioned it to the sausage of a man Ramage on sports scene Monday, as he does with every question put to him he managed to disagree and mention himself playing, saying professionals should be able to play on any pitch. Which I disagree with we have a quick style of play where a good pitch is essential needs sorting IMO.

Archived