Quarter final draw

froggg

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy with this draw - big payday & about 5% chance of getting through. Bearing in mind the next round is over 2 legs, it probably wouldn't help our mid season playing resources one iota. That said, I do hope both sides put out strongest XI's (quite likely if Chelsea's line up at Shrewsbury is any indication) to see how we really compete at such a rarefied level.

I was also going to put a disparaging comment about the League Cup but suddenly another LC tie at home vs Chelsea before an imminent promotion popped into my head....

(1968/69 for the yoof/uneducated)

We've got a better chance of beating Chelsea in a one leg game at home than over two, so we might as well play them now than in the semis. And if we don't win the Cup, going out against Chelsea will be less frustrating than getting say to the semis and losing to Bournemouth (for example).

I just hope we give them more of a game than we did in the FA Cup, when frankly I was a bit embarrassed at how easy it was for them.

I went to Brighton for a tuesday night League cup 2nd round replay in 1979, does that count?

You can't say going bto one game is more worthy of a rebate than others. It dunna work like that.

What if someone hadn't missed an away game for 2 years but couldn't make that particular one....

having to pay more/less for a ticket because YOU made the choice to buy/not buy a season ticket is in no way being oppressed, it just suggests a chip on the shoulder of someone unlikely to get a ticket if this were to happen...

well you could use weight or hair colour but the point would still be void as you aren't being oppressed.

Season ticket holders are have been rewarded for their loyalty. The same way at Tesco/Asda etc you get vouchers off your shopping throughout the year based on the money you have spent. You can't go in a supermarket once a year, not have a loyalty card and whinge about not being sent vouchers...

This reward might not be just but that's not the point here. The point is we all had the opportunity to buy a season ticket, none of us were deemed unworthy of being able to buy one due to any characteristic we share.

I doubt they will do a discount for season ticket holders because they know they won't have a struggle to fill the ground.

I didn't go to the last Derby Chelsea game cos I didn't want to be sat next to some bellend who couldn't recognise our matchday squad but could tell you everything about the chelsea team.

Rag week yoth???

Wrote a very informative and sarcastic retort to that bilge above until my iPhone locked up and reset itself.

Was my best ever post too

Hate it when that happens, and now I've lost the moment.

Might come back later and ram home the fact I dont pay for my tickets and haven't for about 15 years.

.....It's who you know.

For people that don't live in Derby (like me), the most common excuse I've heard for not getting a ST is that it would ruin their whole Saturday. Leaving in the morning, getting back late evening. I'm a bigger Derby fan than these people.

Oh RLACML. I thought a few days ago I read you were studying to become a fund manager? I think you might need to think again young man. You see you seem to be unaware of the following possible scenario - by the way I hope you get all the grades, and the career path, you want.

Roll forward 10 or 15 years. Your wife Samantha loves your salary, but her love for you is waning as you work long hours and she wants/needs more attention (and you know it). Young Hamish is doing well at junior Rugby, and Flora and her pony are the talk of Gymkhana. They both want you to be there to watch. Your boss is under the cosh, and delegates a vital report for you to prepare and needs Monday morning, just at a time when your top client has indicated to you that you need to sharpen your act as fund performance is somewhat disappointing. Step forward RLACML. All 5 of the key individuals clearly want your attention. You think "fook em all, I am a season ticket holder, nobody is going to ruin my Saturday, my club needs me and I am a really big Derby fan, bigger than most".

Oh RLACML. I thought a few days ago I read you were studying to become a fund manager? I think you might need to think again young man. You see you seem to be unaware of the following possible scenario - by the way I hope you get all the grades, and the career path, you want.

Roll forward 10 or 15 years. Your wife Samantha loves your salary, but her love for you is waning as you work long hours and she wants/needs more attention (and you know it). Young Hamish is doing well at junior Rugby, and Flora and her pony are the talk of Gymkhana. They both want you to be there to watch. Your boss is under the cosh, and delegates a vital report for you to prepare and needs Monday morning, just at a time when your top client has indicated to you that you need to sharpen your act as fund performance is somewhat disappointing. Step forward RLACML. All 5 of the key individuals clearly want your attention. You think "fook em all, I am a season ticket holder, nobody is going to ruin my Saturday, my club needs me and I am a really big Derby fan, bigger than most".

How come Hamish and Flora aren't Rams mad like RLACML and why aren't they going to the match with him?

How come Hamish and Flora aren't Rams mad like RLACML and why aren't they going to the match with him?

Because "Daddy has changed, and he is all work work work and so boring. And if it isn't work, it's Derby. I hate Derby, and I hate Daddy".

You alright Gritstone? Hope all is well in your world buddy. Hope to get up to the Brunny again in a few weeks time. The Wolves game is quite appealing, and of course us Plastics have just got to make Chelsea.

Hardly a realistic example. No son of mine will be called Hamish (I like Flora though) and a disappointing fund manager? No chance. Also, I'm pretty sure I'll be a wonderful husband and there's more than enough other hours in the day to shower her with love. RUGBY?

I take what you mean though, but it's still possible to go. Obviously it requires working very hard in order to fit it in, but it's still possible.

I actually only managed to get to five home games last year, but I still had a ST. I guess that's what I'm talking about. That commitment to the club even if you aren't able to make it every week.

Cheers for the good luck

Because "Daddy has changed, and he is all work work work and so boring. And if it isn't work, it's Derby. I hate Derby, and I hate Daddy".

You alright Gritstone? Hope all is well in your world buddy. Hope to get up to the Brunny again in a few weeks time. The Wolves game is quite appealing, and of course us Plastics have just got to make Chelsea.

Yeah I'm fine thanks. The Wolves match is an early kick off I don't think the Brunny opens until 11:00 that's not much drinking time. 

Rag week yoth???

Wrote a very informative and sarcastic retort to that bilge above until my iPhone locked up and reset itself.

Was my best ever post too

Hate it when that happens, and now I've lost the moment.

Might come back later and ram home the fact I dont pay for my tickets and haven't for about 15 years.

.....It's who you know.

Very mature and about as funny as a beheading. 

I don't care whether you pay or not, I don't understand why you care if season tickets get to go cheaper. You're not a better fan than the rest of us yet you get to go for free (well done on knowing someone I'm sure you're really a very important person...or probably not) but you moan at season ticket holders for questioning whether the club will still have a discount on the tickets. 

Goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois tells BBC that Chelsea can win the Premier League and Champions League this season.

"We have the team to win the Champions League. So hopefully we could win both, but we will see," 22-year-old Belgium international Courtois told Football Focus.

Even he doesn't think they can progress in the League Cup.

Archived