Quarter final draw

froggg

Because it has been for the other cup ties so why wouldn't it follow suit? Are those one match a season fans upset they might not get a ticket to see their idols hazard and fabregas play?

Your end bit is absolutely mental, cannot understand the relevance of race or why you'd bring it up...[/quote

What defines mental?? Or normal for that matter.

A group of people classed together and oppressed because of a common denominator. In this case the heinous crime of not being a season ticket holder. Isn't that basically the description of any "ism"? gender, race, forest fans etc.

One match a season?? Nope.

As for the last bit I was going to use weight or hair colour as example. But I needed something to catch the eye.

*reaches for landing net

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DO....NOT.....BITE....TRY....NOT....TO....BITE hahaha

I actually own a half and half scarf. It's from the recent england vs Peru match before the world cup. My wife is Peruvian, I'm english, so we bought it for my daughter.

Just saying, there may be individual circumstances where a half and half scarf is justifiable.

But never one with Chelsea on. Ducking Chelsea.

Here's a thought going back to ticket prices...

How about everyone that went to Fulham gets a ticket for a tenner?

Support was awesome, and many fans, myself included got home at 4.00 in the morning and had work the next day.

That's proper support innit...

having to pay more/less for a ticket because YOU made the choice to buy/not buy a season ticket is in no way being oppressed, it just suggests a chip on the shoulder of someone unlikely to get a ticket if this were to happen...

well you could use weight or hair colour but the point would still be void as you aren't being oppressed.

Season ticket holders are have been rewarded for their loyalty. The same way at Tesco/Asda etc you get vouchers off your shopping throughout the year based on the money you have spent. You can't go in a supermarket once a year, not have a loyalty card and whinge about not being sent vouchers... 

This reward might not be just but that's not the point here. The point is we all had the opportunity to buy a season ticket, none of us were deemed unworthy of being able to buy one due to any characteristic we share. 

I doubt they will do a discount for season ticket holders because they know they won't have a struggle to fill the ground.

I didn't go to the last Derby Chelsea game cos I didn't want to be sat next to some bellend who couldn't recognise our matchday squad but could tell you everything about the chelsea team. 

I actually own a half and half scarf. It's from the recent england vs Peru match before the world cup. My wife is Peruvian, I'm english, so we bought it for my daughter.

Just saying, there may be individual circumstances where a half and half scarf is justifiable.

But never one with Chelsea on. Ducking Chelsea.

I'd understand why you would do that, it doesn't seem odd for you to do that if your daughter has two heritages. 

However at club level there's no excuse, your mum supports chelsea? your dad supports Derby? you make your choice early on and stick with it. Feel free to have a soft spot for the other but you can only 'support' one team. 

I'd understand why you would do that, it doesn't seem odd for you to do that if your daughter has two heritages. 

However at club level there's no excuse, your mum supports chelsea? your dad supports Derby? you make your choice early on and stick with it. Feel free to have a soft spot for the other but you can only 'support' one team. 

I agree - despite the fact that I will be buying a Borussia Dortmund scarf when I go over there in the spring.

If we all liked the same thing, the world would be a very dull place.

There might be people who think that Metallica, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Motorhead etc etc are tripe, but they deserve our support.

And pity.

I take it Eddie that your hearing was not impaired by Lemmy and his chums then. Everyone should go a Mot

Season ticket holders are have been rewarded for their loyalty. The same way at Tesco/Asda etc you get vouchers off your shopping throughout the year based on the money you have spent. You can't go in a supermarket once a year, not have a loyalty card and whinge about not being sent vouchers...

This reward might not be just but that's not the point here. The point is we all had the opportunity to buy a season ticket, none of us were deemed unworthy of being able to buy one due to any characteristic we share.

I doubt they will do a discount for season ticket holders because they know they won't have a struggle to fill the ground.

I didn't go to the last Derby Chelsea game cos I didn't want to be sat next to some bellend who couldn't recognise our matchday squad but could tell you everything about the chelsea team.

Yawn. I think you take the 'season ticket holder vs "plastic"'' to new levels. Whilst I can't argue with your observation in the final sentence, can you (and others) give it a rest that by buying a season ticket it makes you a bigger Derby fan than others, or more loyal, or more knowledgeable about football.

Lots of Derby fans, many perhaps more ardent Rams than you Ilson, have lives that might involve one or more of work, family, financial or geographical constraint. I am a plastic. Quite proud of it really. I go to as many games as I can, and when I go I embrace the event to the full. Mingling, chatting and singing with my fellow Rams, and having a good few beers. I wouldn't like to guess the number but I bet there are a huge number of season ticket holders who rarely get out of Derby, have had the same routine for years of catching a bus, walk to the ground, sit down, moan, stand up, walk away from the ground, catch the bus. That is not fanaticism, it's repetitiveness. About as repetitive and boring as your "well buy a season ticket" jibe.

Yawn. I think you take the 'season ticket holder vs "plastic"'' to new levels. Whilst I can't argue with your observation in the final sentence, can you (and others) give it a rest that by buying a season ticket it makes you a bigger Derby fan than others, or more loyal, or more knowledgeable about football.

Lots of Derby fans, many perhaps more ardent Rams than you Ilson, have lives that might involve one or more of work, family, financial or geographical constraint. I am a plastic. Quite proud of it really. I go to as many games as I can, and when I go I embrace the event to the full. Mingling, chatting and singing with my fellow Rams, and having a good few beers. I wouldn't like to guess the number but I bet there are a huge number of season ticket holders who rarely get out of Derby, have had the same routine for years of catching a bus, walk to the ground, sit down, moan, stand up, walk away from the ground, catch the bus. That is not fanaticism, it's repetitiveness. About as repetitive and boring as your "well buy a season ticket" jibe.

I've not once mentioned that I think we are any more of a fan because we have season tickets I've just pointed out that you cannot moan if the club subsidise the tickets for us like previous rounds because we bought the season ticket. Something which anyone can do... If it was down to me the tickets would be cheap for everyone at every game because I like a full stadium. 

The financial argument is nonsense, why spend a lot on this one game which means nothing when for the same price you could get to 2 lower category home games. 

For people that don't live in Derby (like me), the most common excuse I've heard for not getting a ST is that it would ruin their whole Saturday. Leaving in the morning, getting back late evening. I'm a bigger Derby fan than these people.

Cup rules say 15% to away fans unless approved by the cup board.

Maybe we have an agreement to give less due to segregation and stuff.

I doubt that will fly. Isn't it 15% or 2,000 or is that league only? 15% would of course be around 5,000 [the last amount we gave Chelsea, I believe]

Archived