Quarter final draw

froggg

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yawn. I think you take the 'season ticket holder vs "plastic"'' to new levels. Whilst I can't argue with your observation in the final sentence, can you (and others) give it a rest that by buying a season ticket it makes you a bigger Derby fan than others, or more loyal, or more knowledgeable about football.

Lots of Derby fans, many perhaps more ardent Rams than you Ilson, have lives that might involve one or more of work, family, financial or geographical constraint. I am a plastic. Quite proud of it really. I go to as many games as I can, and when I go I embrace the event to the full. Mingling, chatting and singing with my fellow Rams, and having a good few beers. I wouldn't like to guess the number but I bet there are a huge number of season ticket holders who rarely get out of Derby, have had the same routine for years of catching a bus, walk to the ground, sit down, moan, stand up, walk away from the ground, catch the bus. That is not fanaticism, it's repetitiveness. About as repetitive and boring as your "well buy a season ticket" jibe.

I agree 100% that ST holders are in no way bigger fans than non-ST holders. Infact I question whether some of the ST holders round me are fans at all with their persistant moaning. However, you can't forget that a ST holder has pumped a lot of money into the club already and therefore maybe deserve a slight... And I mean slight, I'm not saying we should get free tickets by any means... discount just as a "thank you" from the club. And I'm talking like

Would you of gone if you knew before buying the ticket you would return at 4am? Knowing you had work the next day?

Don't get me wrong it was brilliant to see etc. But those problems travelling back were unforseen.

Absolutely. I go to as many games as I possibly can, and this one was shaping up to be one to remember.

Here's a thought going back to ticket prices...

How about everyone that went to Fulham gets a ticket for a tenner?

Support was awesome, and many fans, myself included got home at 4.00 in the morning and had work the next day.

That's proper support innit...

How about everyone who went to Carlisle gets one free.... 

They were the hard core. Won't cost the club much but a huge gesture in my eyes.

Before anyone asks, I went to Fulham but not Carlisle.

Might be a daft question,but are we allowed to charge the posh boys from West London,more?

Nope, as far as I understand the max we can charge them is the price of the most expensive home seat with the same concessionary rates available to home fans.

And rightly so.

They were the hard core. Won't cost the club much but a huge gesture in my eyes.

Was thinking a similar thing. I also didn't go to Carlisle as I couldn't get the time off work, otherwise I'd have been there.

I went to Brighton for a tuesday night League cup 2nd round replay in 1979, does that count?

You can't say going bto one game is more worthy of a rebate than others. It dunna work like that.

What if someone hadn't missed an away game for 2 years but couldn't make that particular one....

A good point.

The only time I can remember of anything similar was when the club gave free tickets to fans that had been to a number of 'undesirable' away games in a short space of time.

It was merely a suggestion, but I suppose a dangerous precedent may be set.

I went to a Zenith Data Systems Cup tie a couple of decades ago at Newcastle which went into extra time (Lambhead scoring twice I think?) and we got back at 5.30am three mornings later in a horse and cart via a little known network of old Roman roads, surely I will get a free ticket or maybe even given a tenner to attend as a gesture of goodwill and recognition of my efforts.

Archived