Johnny Russell

Ramchope

Who the **** are these players seriously.. its almost like the board draws random names out of a hat, and if it comes up on google that they are footballers and play in scotland, ireland or league 2 then we sign them.

This guy isnt a random player that comes from Scotland. He is very good the fact that premier league clubs had interest in the summer says something surely. Championship would be the perfect level for him to excel and then push on to the premier league.

Also I am sure we dont randomly pick players from Scotland

Clough has a low wage and transfer budget.... therefore he has to look at the lower leagues, scottish and irish markets for players. Dont blame Clough he cant simply go buy a recognised English striker ie Jordan Rhodes, Charlie Austin, Glen Murray because he doesnt have the funds.

Personally I think Clough has done very well with the transfers he has bought in.

Finally we have around 30 players in the squad

Do you want to know how many players were purchased from a Scottish, Irish or League 2 club???

4 Players out of 30!!!!

Craig Bryson from Kilmarnock

Michael Jacobs from Northampton

Adam Legzdins from Burton Albion

Tom Naylor from Mansfield (below league 2 in fact)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This guy isnt a random player that comes from Scotland. He is very good the fact that premier league clubs had interest in the summer says something surely. Championship would be the perfect level for him to excel and then push on to the premier league.

Clough has a low wage and transfer budget.... therefore he has to look at the lower leagues, scottish and irish markets for players. Dont blame Clough he cant simply go buy a recognised English striker ie Jordan Rhodes, Charlie Austin, Glen Murray because he doesnt have the funds.

Personally I think Clough has done very well with the transfers he has bought in.

Do you want to know how many players were purchased from a Scottish, Irish or League 2 club???

4 Players out of 30!!!!

Buxton from Burton

Brayford from Crewe

Admittedly just on the highlights against Rangers, but Russell looks to have an initial burst of pace that gives him half a yard on defenders when put through, and he took his chances well enough, he could well be a decent addition to our squad.

they do now but were in League 2 when we signed them

Ah fair point didnt take that into consideration.

But I still think people have a go at Clough for buying Scottish and irish players when we have 2 Scottish players and 5 Irish players. One of the irish doesnt even play Saul Deeney.

1) not sure if that's a step up or down?

2) Why is everyone convinced that this dude is an incredible player? He's 22 and his goalscoring record I would so far describe as average... He seems to be the new Chris Maguire...

I believe we're a Charlie Austin and Jason Shackell away from a serious promotion push. Russell is a completely different player to Maguire, and excites me. It would be a step up.

Who the **** are these players seriously.. its almost like the board draws random names out of a hat, and if it comes up on google that they are footballers and play in scotland, ireland or league 2 then we sign them.

Who cares where they are from, or who they are. Is Bryson not a good player? Gone are the days where Derby sign players when they've had careers like these two...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk30ebVV11qfxktpo1_1280

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4y5edrTt41rwkiq1o1_1280

4 Players out of 30!!!!

Jordan Rhodes is Scottish 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

I believe we're a Charlie Austin and Jason Shackell away from a serious promotion push. Russell is a completely different player to Maguire, and excites me. It would be a step up.

I mostly agree with you... I think a really solid CB (Barker) and a decent replacement for Roberts (Freeman maybe?) will make a very big difference to our side next year... I only say replacement for Roberts on the basis of his age, if I could wave a magic wand and make him 25 I would keep him in a heartbeat...

On the other hand I think we HAVE a great stiking partnership in sammon and ward... personally what I think we need is back-up for them (a big lad and a small quick player... maybe Ball and Jacobs?)...

And then the most important ingredient... TIME...

Reading (when in the Championship) bought Adam Le Fondre (yes, again) for £400k from....

League 2 Rotherham. Look at him now.

They also bought Jimmy Kebe from the reserves of Lens, Noel Hunt from Dundee, Adam Federici from a team now in Serie D - yes D. Sean Morrison from Swindon, and Gareth McCleary and Chris Gunter from some team that slips my memory, but my point is there are decent players within the **** teams if you willing to look.

I mostly agree with you... I think a really solid CB (Barker) and a decent replacement for Roberts (Freeman maybe?) will make a very big difference to our side next year... I only say replacement for Roberts on the basis of his age, if I could wave a magic wand and make him 25 I would keep him in a heartbeat...

On the other hand I think we HAVE a great stiking partnership in sammon and ward... personally what I think we need is back-up for them (a big lad and a small quick player... maybe Ball and Jacobs?)...

And then the most important ingredient... TIME...

I think Barker and Keogh will be a good partnership, providing Barker returns. But I think they're both very similar. Shackell was a different kind of CB for me, and gave us more balance. I think Freeman is more likely to be the replacement at RB for Brayford, but we do need another LB too. I'd love it if Ward and Sammon could score the goals to make us promotion contenders, it would save us a lot of money. Hopefully they can start to prove that between now and the end of the season. But I think a 20-30 goal a season guy is still the main missing ingredient.

4 Players out of 30!!!!

I didnt say anything about it being cloughs doing.. i said the board. And also, im sure that there are players abroad that are on cheaper wages than those who play in the championship that could improve us massively. Look at watford.. fair enough they have more to offer financialy than we do, but im not sayin we need 10 loans or even 5.. just 1 or 2. Because id much rather spend on players you know will make a difference, instead of gambling on people that 7 times out of 10 dont make the cut, which in turn means uv wasted time and probably lose more money in the long run tryna flog them sumwhere else.

I think Barker and Keogh will be a good partnership, providing Barker returns. But I think they're both very similar. Shackell was a different kind of CB for me, and gave us more balance. I think Freeman is more likely to be the replacement at RB for Brayford, but we do need another LB too. I'd love it if Ward and Sammon could score the goals to make us promotion contenders, it would save us a lot of money. Hopefully they can start to prove that between now and the end of the season. But I think a 20-30 goal a season guy is still the main missing ingredient.

Ya know I think we're okay for goals... Look at the league as a whole and we're not too far off the top in terms of scoring... and if we can start turning home form into away form we're laughing... I like the fact that we get goals from everywhere...

Archived