Bolton Wanderers v Derby County

CumbrianRam

Billy Davies lol the same Billy Davies who left us and Forest on the brink, no intrest in the academy and spunked millions on ***** like Fagan and Teale...yeah, great

Apart from Teale it worked... unfortunatly you have to spend millions to get out of the championship regardless if you think certain players didnt live up to expectation. But you must obviously enjoy seein us being an average mid table team and never making the cut when it comes to the top 6. I definately dont.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I laughed at Clough's interview where he bemoans decisions but we got hard done to last night.

Nothing wrong withour goal at all. More contact during Kavies' goal and that stood.

Defending for the second was absolutely disgraceful though. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mellow' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':mellow:' />

Yeah, O'Connor and Keogh won't want to look at that again! not the first time Keogh has been involved in something like that.. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

I laughed at Clough's interview where he bemoans decisions but we got hard done to last night.

Nothing wrong withour goal at all. More contact during Kavies' goal and that stood.

Defending for the second was absolutely disgraceful though. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mellow' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':mellow:' />

What about the clear penalty Bryson should have been given against. I thought it was a foul for our goal, however it would be amazing if Davies didn't foul in their's, he did in every other challenge.

What about the clear penalty Bryson should have been given against. I thought it was a foul for our goal, however it would be amazing if Davies didn't foul in their's, he did in every other challenge.

Why are Derby "fans" deliberately picking out points to go against us?

I do think that after that 'unexpected' start from us last season with the win's over Birmingham, Blackpool and then Watford, quite a few supporters expected the same start this year, and because we haven't got 6 points on the board already, the 'Clough Out' brigade have come out.

Stick in there, and no doubt the results will begin to show once this new side cuts out the mistakes that they are currently making. It's going to take time and many seem to have forgot already that we have only played 2, yes 2 league games! That's my own, personal opinion on it anyway.

Out of interest who would you bring in as manager and what would he do differently to Clough that would turn us into a top 6 side? I'm willing to listen - slow day at work so I will await a response... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

there are plenty of managers about,some available,some can be made available.Mick McCarthy for one.Chris powell.I think the managers position should be seriously considered in December if we are in the bottom six.look,if you are happy for us to plod on like we are doing then fine,good luck with that.Im not,I think Derby fans deserve better.

there are plenty of managers about,some available,some can be made available.Mick McCarthy for one.Chris powell.I think the managers position should be seriously considered in December if we are in the bottom six.look,if you are happy for us to plod on like we are doing then fine,good luck with that.Im not,I think Derby fans deserve better.

You reckon we'd pay wages Mick McCarthy wants?

You reckon Chris Powell will leave Charlton - and if he did, do you seriously think we'd pay his wages?

As you asked someone else, what drugs are you taking please? I'd love some.

You reckon we'd pay wages Mick McCarthy wants?

You reckon Chris Powell will leave Charlton - and if he did, do you seriously think we'd pay his wages?

As you asked someone else, what drugs are you taking please? I'd love some.

how do you know what wages they want.I reckon powell would leave charlton for Derby.McCarthy hasnt a job at the moment and will be keen to prove to people that he can still manage.jus because he has had a stint in the prem doesnt automatically mean he will ask for astronomical wages.

I agree with your sentiments completely, we the fans deserve better but for a manager to come into a team like Derby, it's not usually wages that is the first question - the first question is usually about the budget at hand. I think the first question at hand by Mick when he went to the forest interview was about budget and when he found out there wasn't a warchest to spend he ran away.

Chris Powell, perhaps would leave Charlton for Derby - but then again, perhaps not.. also we have the pesky business of paying Charlton for their promotion winning manager....

These are 2 good suggestions but they're also very unlikely, and in all honesty wouldn't think they would come to fruition - more likely candidates in my opinion would be Paul Dickov, Steve Cotterill, Phil Brown...etc

how do you know what wages they want.I reckon powell would leave charlton for Derby.McCarthy hasnt a job at the moment and will be keen to prove to people that he can still manage.jus because he has had a stint in the prem doesnt automatically mean he will ask for astronomical wages.

I don't understand what makes you think Powell would come to Derby.

They're wage bill is higher, they've probably got more money to spend, he's from London, Charlton are his team - he got in the England squad playing for them. He's just got them promoted and they're on a high. Providing they don't get relegated this season, he'll probably become one of the club's biggest legends. Why would you join Derby?

Mick McCarthy isn't going to come to Derby for a pittance just for the sake of getting a new job. The wages don't need to be astronomical to be out of our price range. I've heard on this forum that Clough is on less than £4k a week. Assuming he was on £5k, I doubt McCarthy would join us for double that, which is way beyond our means.

As Ambitious says, we're more likely to end up with a Cotterill or a Dickov. No thanks.

If it's right, I'm up for a change. By right, I mean getting a manager on similar money who is capable of getting more out of these players (although two games in is a bit premature to suggest Clough can't), and is proven. That was many people's biggest gripe, that Clough wasn't proven at this level. If you now want another unknown entity at this level, that's double standards.

But I don't think we can find that person.

I don't want Cloughie to go anytime soon as he only now really has his team to work with. However if it becomes untenable I would love us to take a gamble on Stefano Eranio. I think he is still working with the youth team at Milan so he is used to developing the kids and he certainly plays the game the way it should be played. He also has a returning hero status to give him a bit of extra time. Perhaps even bring in Jim Smith as DoF?

Archived