Bolton Wanderers v Derby County

CumbrianRam

**** budget? We've spent at least £2m this transfer window alone..

It does'nt matter, its not enough in this day and age. We spent 1.1 mil (or somthing like) on Sammon.. thats more than half our budget gone.. The rest went on fringe players and lower league players, We need investment, because while we are given a 2 mil budget to work with, we are always guna be a mid table championship team.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would ask for my money back if Clough was sacked - We would have to go for someone out of work, and I don't fancy our chances of pulling someone good. Infact if it was too happen today, then Steve Cotterill would probably be one of the favourites - and some people on here is going to tell me that is a better solution than Clough?

Anyway last night was frustrating but this morning, as expected the loss is all but forgotten - and we need to move on. I didn't watch the game so I am in no capacity to comment on the performance but 2 games in to the league season, should we be worried? I don't know, I don't think so but I don't know.

I feel we need an industrial midfielder in the middle of the park - someone just to offer that little protection, we have players who can pass the ball and create chances but who can you rely on to sit infront of the back 4 and be a stop gap, like seth johnson? I think that is the new position we're lacking in.

And despite my earlier comment to hopefully appease some of the 'clough out' brigade he has got it wrong now, 3 times over - we're in the lovely land of hindsight and unfortunately he doesn't get that luxury but he has got it wrong 3 times. The way we have set out has been perfect, the way we attacked teams especially at home was early on is ideal but the second half tactics over the past 3 games have been bad, you can see the confidence drain from the players and we turn into a sunday league side, unfortunately this tactic has cost us 8 goals goals in 3 games. I don't want Clough out, because it would be detrimental to us, and I don't want him to come to the press crying about mistakes - I want him to keep the players confidence high because if we stop playing 'football' and go to a direct lack of confidence hoofball then I would be upset - at the minute the performances are keeping me going, but our soft underbelly is sticking out like a sore thumb!

Would you protest if Clough gets sacked in the morning?

No, I wouldn't. Unless it seriously went against popular opinion, and we only sacked him because a fan sent Appleby his poo in the post...

I just think if you believe it's time for Clough to go, you shouldn't be sitting around telling us how much you want that to happen rather than doing something about it.

No, I wouldn't. Unless it seriously went against popular opinion, and we only sacked him because a fan sent Appleby his poo in the post...

I just think if you believe it's time for Clough to go, you shouldn't be sitting around telling us how much you want that to happen rather than doing something about it.

well if he is still in charge at the end of the season i will be doing something about it. i will not renew my season ticket

well if he is still in charge at the end of the season i will be doing something about it. i will not renew my season ticket

I actually know quite a lot who have done very much that and wont go back until he leaves. Are season tickets down as I dont actually know. Mind you if they are it will be every other reason.

Whats made you change your mind in 2 competitive league games? Why didn't you just not renew this year?

Stupid if you ask me.

Why not protest? Or die trying? Would be nicer I have a new manger and you season ticket, wouldn't it?

GSE will want your money but it won't force their hand with the manager.

Whats made you change your mind in 2 competitive league games? Why didn't you just not renew this year?

Stupid if you ask me.

i renewed because i take my son and i told him that this season was cloughs last chance.We also have an enjoyable afternoon in the pub before he game.(i doubt you are old enough to go in pubs unsupervised) my mind has never changed.ive always thought that clough wasnt good enough.so it isnt stupid really,is it.

i renewed because i take my son and i told him that this season was cloughs last chance.We also have an enjoyable afternoon in the pub before he game.(i doubt you are old enough to go in pubs unsupervised) my mind has never changed.ive always thought that clough wasnt good enough.so it isnt stupid really,is it.

Good one. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> You're right though, Ambitious has to supervise me on a satdee.

If your "last chance" consists of 2 games then yes, it is stupid.

Good one. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> You're right though, Ambitious has to supervise me on a satdee.

If your "last chance" consists of 2 games then yes, it is stupid.

of course it doesnt consist of 2 games.it is the whole season.im not going to wait until the end of the season to voice my opinion though.we have played 3 games including ssausagehorpe,2 of which at home,havent won any,conceding 9 goals.I would say that there is a cause for concern.The next game is away to wolves so a win is unlikely,but hey,in clough we trust.......keep happy clapping.

My prediction for points off the first 3 games was 4 points. So, an unlikely win at Wolves gets us there.

If it isn't a win then we have a very poor return from 3 games and the pressure will start to mount.

Our depth is a concern. We need a combative midfielder with energy. We have one who doesn't own a squad number sitting at home!!!

The negativity from Clough and these cold shoulders is what's starting to turn me against him, and i have always been pro Clough ans pro stability!

Much more and I can see trouble ahead.

of course it doesnt consist of 2 games.it is the whole season.im not going to wait until the end of the season to voice my opinion though.we have played 3 games including ssausagehorpe,2 of which at home,havent won any,conceding 9 goals.I would say that there is a cause for concern.The next game is away to wolves so a win is unlikely,but hey,in clough we trust.......keep happy clapping.

Out of interest who would you bring in as manager and what would he do differently to Clough that would turn us into a top 6 side? I'm willing to listen - slow day at work so I will await a response... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Archived