Bolton Wanderers v Derby County

CumbrianRam

It's football, if you really think things are that bad, why are you paying hundreds of pounds to not actively engage in what you are seeing? 3 and a half years now - if you want Clough gone, tell him and the board.

I dont appreciate those who come on here and tell me and others who want to talk about the football.

Like the Blackburn fans did with the board and Steve Kean, that was a real success after all wasn't it (no sarcasm intended at all)

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well derby played very well after the first 20 minstuies or so, we bossed them all game long and we had 2 goals disallowed and bennet hit the post, and i think our midfield and connon simson played very well and should have scored very unlucky i am sure if the lads can play like that the points will come and so will the wins, but bolton got 2 very lucky goals of one fielding saved and then davies got on it to tap it in and then right at the deaf one of there players got a lucky khnee to the ball. I can not wait for saturday bring on wovles i would like to see jamie ward connon simon and theo all in the attack, and we can still leave bennet and coner doyle on the bench.

Like the Blackburn fans did with the board and Steve Kean, that was a real success after all wasn't it (no sarcasm intended at all)

I admired the fact they did something about it. They were completely unreasonable in the amount of time they gave Kean before they turned - but at least they weren apathetic.

All those ppl saying clough should go WE HAVE ONLY PLAYED 3 GAMES god get a grip we finished best position for three years last season was u saying time to go then NO lets see where we are after 10 or 15 games we knew that the first games this season would be hard games

well derby played very well after the first 20 minstuies or so, we bossed them all game long and we had 2 goals disallowed and bennet hit the post, and i think our midfield and connon simson played very well and should have scored very unlucky i am sure if the lads can play like that the points will come and so will the wins, but bolton got 2 very lucky goals of one fielding saved and then davies got on it to tap it in and then right at the deaf one of there players got a lucky khnee to the ball. I can not wait for saturday bring on wovles i would like to see jamie ward connon simon and theo all in the attack, and we can still leave bennet and coner doyle on the bench.

We should leave Doyle home.

Missed you in the chat room tonight steve.

Thanks Mate. Hope you all managed to muddle through without my input.

TBH I forgot all about it. The chat is often at its best on nights like tonight when the standard of the football is so poor that we have to make our own entertainment.

BTW Have you seen my latest "masterpiece"?

The Final Five

By Steve Brummie

My football team, The "Batt'rin" Rams

In years of glory past,

Would go at speed, create a lead,

And Keep it to the Last.

Wow, Willie Carlin, in attack,

Would make for Pop side left

He'd keep the ball against the flag.

Defenders were bereft.

An Alan Hinton kick or two

Had floated in the box

Where Kevin. Johno, or Roy Mac

Could score in just their socks.

That final five, so Cloughie said,

Would win or lose a game,

You never won a football match,

If others scored the same.

Amount of goals or even more

No matter where you play

At least one more you've got to score

Than them, home or away!

A game's not over till it's done

A lead's not worth a thistle

Unless you keep it to the end

You know, the final whistle.

Dick Wagner wrote of Nibelung

Of cycles and of rings,

It's no good getting on your bike

Before fat lady sings!

It's like it when the "battrin" rams

Create a lead you see

But in the final quarter hour

Pack up and have their tea.

This seems to happen every year

And we, as fans feel shattered,

When we watch good leads disappear

And watch the Rams get battered!

Now Nigel, youre a lovely lad

And clearly lion hearted

But learn the lesson from your dad

And finish what you've started.

A game is ninety minutes long

Two halves which both are equal

That's forty five times two you know

Not forty in the sequel!

That final five, daft as it seems

May sometimes stretch to twenty

What with delays, and injuries,

To lose, or to score plenty.

So play that game lads, play it well

Don't leave the fans a'cryin'

Don't lose it in the final five

Steve's watching you, so's Brian!

Anyone feel the same?

I can't make out if these are serious Clough Out comments or satirical posts about those who do.

Get a grip. Not just on football - on life.

And while you lot come onto a discussion forum just to spout the words "Clough Out", Howsabout you have the balls to say it at Pride Park? Funny, that. Never heard anti-Clough protests.

Absolute keyboard warriors.

What is a keyboard warrior, and what makes you different from one?

Honest question.

So tonights defeat is all about Cloughs lack of tactics and nothing to do with the fact that man for man Bolton are a much better team than us??

You're absolutely right. How many people really expected us to pick up points at Bolton and Wolves? I thought we might have beaten Sheff Wed [until I saw them!]. We've a lousy start, fixture wise, and it's just what the doomsters need to get their avalanche of spite rolling down the hill.

Anything on Saturday is a bonus. I'm not expecting us to get going until October. That's because I don't think we're as good as half the teams in the Division. Surely, after all we've been through over the last 5-7 years, people can wait a little longer for the tide to turn?

You're absolutely right. How many people really expected us to pick up points at Bolton and Wolves? I thought we might have beaten Sheff Wed [until I saw them!]. We've a lousy start, fixture wise, and it's just what the doomsters need to get their avalanche of spite rolling down the hill.

Anything on Saturday is a bonus. I'm not expecting us to get going until October. That's because I don't think we're as good as half the teams in the Division. Surely, after all we've been through over the last 5-7 years, people can wait a little longer for the tide to turn?

Trust me, when if we lose to Wolves it's gonna be absolute chaos on here. Clough will be sacked, Yanks out, Keogh can go back to coventry, Sammon is useless blah blah blah, always happens with some of the moronic derby fans on here.

What is a keyboard warrior, and what makes you different from one?

Honest question.

Not a very honest question and I want to know why you're really asking, but anyhow, a keyboard warrior acts completely different on the Internet saying all kinda of things they wouldn't in real life - ie, saying Clough Out online, and not doing anything to make that happen.

To be fair Duracell, what can they do?

Isn't this the age of the internet?

Do you want Leeds Ram to vent his feelings outside Pride Park?

This is a place where we can say how we feel, I'm a Clough in kind of gal, but that doesn't stop me from getting mad of a match day, when we lose, just a knee jerk - ffs Derby I hate you all, because you've ruined my day??

Not a very honest question and I want to know why you're really asking, but anyhow, a keyboard warrior acts completely different on the Internet saying all kinda of things they wouldn't in real life - ie, saying Clough Out online, and not doing anything to make that happen.

I asked quite simply because I thought it was someone who vented their anger/rage through written communication, something I thought you were also doing in telling people to "get a grip on life".

I just don't understand why if you don't agree with something you have to follow it up with a protest, are we going to see you at PP, with a big banner saying "keyboard warriors OUT?"

Archived