Bolton Wanderers v Derby County

CumbrianRam

To be fair Duracell, what can they do?

Isn't this the age of the internet?

Do you want Leeds Ram to vent his feelings outside Pride Park?

This is a place where we can say how we feel, I'm a Clough in kind of gal, but that doesn't stop me from getting mad of a match day, when we lose, just a knee jerk - ffs Derby I hate you all, because you've ruined my day??

Why pick on me, I didn't say clough out :-(

For what it's worth, you win games you lose them, I wasn't at the game so can't really comment on how we played or the manager.

Do I think clough should go after the previous 3 years, thats a different question.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked quite simply because I thought it was someone who vented their anger/rage through written communication, something I thought you were also doing in telling people to "get a grip on life".

I just don't understand why if you don't agree with something you have to follow it up with a protest, are we going to see you at PP, with a big banner saying "keyboard warriors OUT?"

Venting out your anger in written communication is one thing, repeating "Clough out" on the Internet is another thing.

It someone came up to me in the pub and shouted CLOUGH OUT to me repetitively in my ear, I am very sure I would tell them to get a grip, which would be the real life equivalent.

Its specifically the use of "Clough out" that I dislike. If you're prepared to say those words, surely you mean it?

Just my opinion I suppose, and its yours that my opinion is wrong. Opinions make the world an interesting place.

To be fair Duracell, what can they do?

Isn't this the age of the internet?

Do you want Leeds Ram to vent his feelings outside Pride Park?

This is a place where we can say how we feel, I'm a Clough in kind of gal, but that doesn't stop me from getting mad of a match day, when we lose, just a knee jerk - ffs Derby I hate you all, because you've ruined my day??

You've misunderstood my point a little, which I made poorly. I want to come on here to discuss the football and to debate with those who don't have my opinion, where people say as they feel, of course.

"Clough out" is the sort of term you use in protest, in the extenders when you can't take anymore and you just want him gone. It's not an opinion or a contribution to discussion, and belongs in a protest.

I just tire of those sort of comments which people are happy enough to share on the internet but don't believe in enough to do anything about in real life.

Obviously, I also need to get a grip, bit of a non-issue that really gets to me!

Just back in

Two words Inever thought I would type

Clough Out

There I said it.

Is it knee jerk reaction - maybe but when he takes off our biggest player and puts on Hughes it takes the biscuit.

We did that and sat back, invited pressure a few balls into the box later and we are behind.

We created next to nothing all game, Fielding kept the score line marginally respectable.

O'Connor is NOT a centre half - Buxton had better be injured because dropping him for O'Connor is rediculous

Ward dallied on the ball out wide when quick crosses were needed

Coutts may as well not been on the pitch

The positives

Sammon did fairly well off ***** service

Clough did try to get the equaliser putting on Jacobs and Bennett - but this has to be looked upon against the backdrop of the earlier **** up.

My knee jerk has ended and through the drive home realised that as a club we have no CEO, no people who understand football running the club and if we sack Nigel may end up with coco the clown in charge.

We are ******

Just back from the game.

Well done Frankie - some excellent saves and no chance with the goals; very good peformance from Keogh; not bad from O'Connor; Sammon played much better in the second half than the first; Hendrick much more involved than so far this season and a better performance for it.

We had our chances and probably deserved a point on balance. Certainly not outclassed or overrun by a big side and in Kevin Davies someone who will perform consistently well - the second goal came about because we were trying to push forward.

Some research to give some hope:

Season 1 - after 4 games we had 2 points and were 21st; after 8 games we had 2 wins, 4 draws and 2 losses

season 2 - after 4 games we had 5 points and had won one game; after 8 games we had 8 points and were 10th

Season 3 - after 4 games we had 2 points with 2 draws and 2 losses; after 8 we had 9 points and were 17th with only 2 wins. That year we didn't climb above 10th place until game 18

Season 1 is 1968/69 - we won the 2nd Division in a canter

Season 2 is 1974/75 - we won the first division (proper league that!)

Season 3 is 1995/96 - we were promoted in second place under Jim Smith

This is a long season and a very hard league to do consistently well in - certainly harder to win than any of the above divisions in my view. The season's hardly started.

Dav - 100% agree with your post.

Why is ward taking set pieces?

Clueless Clough - but why are we singing his name so much?

Ilkey - we got what we deserved from the game. Not to mention the fact we should have conceded a penalty and been a man down because of it.

Re: The keyboard warrior argument.

It annoys me a little because it's boring. It's so predictable. The same people saying the same things in the same threads over and over again. Half of them not even offering any sort of opinion to why Clough should go.

If something bothered me that much I'd do something about it instead of being a little, sand-in-vagina, whiney bitch.

Dav - 100% agree with your post.

Why is ward taking set pieces?

Clueless Clough - but why are we singing his name so much?

Ilkey - we got what we deserved from the game. Not to mention the fact we should have conceded a penalty and been a man down because of it.

Rammie - you and Dav are entitled to your views, just as i am to mine. Though if you read my post again you will see that Dav and I made some similar comments, perhaps with the exception of O'Connor. I wouldn't disagree about the penalty shout - it summed up an average refereeing performance too.

Like you, clearly, I went to the game. We had a good proportion of the ball, made some good chances which, with more clinical finishing we could have capitalised upon; we hit the post and had a goal disallowed (I didn't see much wrong with it) and tried to attack in the last 10 minutes to get an equaliser which left us open for the second. We also had a couple of good chances in the first 10 minutes. For the first 15 minutes of the second half I thought we would go on to win. I thought Keogh and O'Connor between them handled a very experienced and tough centre forward pretty well.

We have made 6 or 7 signings this year and have at least one player - Tyson - fit for the first time and essentially a new player. The guy took a battering tonight. The team and squad will settle down and they have played, in patches, some really good football in the games so far. Bolton are a hard side to play against and will beat better teams than us this season

All those ppl saying clough should go WE HAVE ONLY PLAYED 3 GAMES god get a grip we finished best position for three years last season was u saying time to go then NO lets see where we are after 10 or 15 games we knew that the first games this season would be hard games

3 and a half years pal. thats more then 3 games.

Not a very honest question and I want to know why you're really asking, but anyhow, a keyboard warrior acts completely different on the Internet saying all kinda of things they wouldn't in real life - ie, saying Clough Out online, and not doing anything to make that happen.

Would you protest if Clough gets sacked in the morning?

I think our problem is the team lacks experience at this level. We only have the budget for young, lower league or Scottish league players on the whole. Keogh and Sammon are decent signings but we had to sell Shackell and get other players off the wage bill to get them. We are not competing on a level playing field with the majority of clubs in this league. This is down to the board's flawed strategy in my opinion. I think Clough is doing a great job with the tools at his disposal.

Ilkey - no problem with your opinions. Bar maybe the last 5 ins we didn't string 4 passes together all night and played long ball after long ball. Knight and wheatear hoovered that up. Clough cannot claim to be a passing team and then play like that.

My annoyance is that there was a game there to go and win if we were more positive.

Would you protest if Clough gets sacked in the morning?

Depends who we got in.

I suspect, given the wages the board are likely to be willing to pay, that we wouldn't get anyone better in, and it could actually be a whole lot worse.

So probably, yes.

So tonights defeat is all about Cloughs lack of tactics and nothing to do with the fact that man for man Bolton are a much better team than us??

You're not allowed to say that. Apparently Bolton are ****, and we shouldn't be losing to teams like that.

Just back in

Two words Inever thought I would type

Clough Out

There I said it.

Is it knee jerk reaction - maybe but when he takes off our biggest player and puts on Hughes it takes the biscuit.

We did that and sat back, invited pressure a few balls into the box later and we are behind.

We created next to nothing all game, Fielding kept the score line marginally respectable.

O'Connor is NOT a centre half - Buxton had better be injured because dropping him for O'Connor is rediculous

Ward dallied on the ball out wide when quick crosses were needed

Coutts may as well not been on the pitch

The positives

Sammon did fairly well off ***** service

Clough did try to get the equaliser putting on Jacobs and Bennett - but this has to be looked upon against the backdrop of the earlier **** up.

My knee jerk has ended and through the drive home realised that as a club we have no CEO, no people who understand football running the club and if we sack Nigel may end up with coco the clown in charge.

We are ******

Totally understand the sentiment, I was more annoyed with the second-half negativity right from the off Saturday than last night. Buxton was ill I heard, so that explains that one if true.

Nigel needs to realise Fielding taking an age on goal-kicks or taking ages on throws is counter-productive. It shows a negative fear in our players that can only encourage the opposition. A win was there for the taking if we had the balls to go for it but the message was there we'll take a point and the pressure built and the inevitable happened. Keogh looks good but Shackell was a mountain and we have not got that to rely on anymore.

If he wants to keep his job he will have to change his mindset and transmit that to the players.

Archived