Michael Hoganson

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bet this lad won't play in the first team this season.

He's been brought in for the Under-21 games.

Exactly, unless G Roberto and O'Connor are both injured.. (perish the thought)

My inkling is that Clough will give him a year in the u21's (along with Gjokaj) to see how his attitude checks out, if they aren't liked by Clough after a year, then we haven't lost all that much, when compared to if we'd signed them for 3/4 yr contracts.

I thought he was quiet against Burton as well, but maybe that's what we want in a backup left back? Someone that can come in to the first team and not necessarily take the game by storm, but just get on with his game and not make too many mistakes.

I think you're spot on there Duncan

I think I'm sometimes harsh on left backs cos it's where I used to play. I was ***** mind, so ***** I was told 1000 times what a decent left back should do!!

One things certain though NC must have spoken to Stevie Stone about this lad and wouldn't have signed him unless Stoney thought he was worth a gamble.

I'm prepared to admit I might be wrong and I'm looking forward to seeing him grow with us.

I still don't think he's got a decent challenge in him ;-)

I think you're spot on there Duncan

I think I'm sometimes harsh on left backs cos it's where I used to play. I was ***** mind, so ***** I was told 1000 times what a decent left back should do!!

One things certain though NC must have spoken to Stevie Stone about this lad and wouldn't have signed him unless Stoney thought he was worth a gamble.

I'm prepared to admit I might be wrong and I'm looking forward to seeing him grow with us.

I still don't think he's got a decent challenge in him ;-)

From what I saw he was very tenacious in the tackle - his ground work tackling was a major plus for me, tackled well and strong with both feet and came away with the ball on numerous occasions, which is what I like to see. I don't like full backs that throw themselves into the challenge, and watch the ball go flirting off to someone else or out for a throw in/corner.

From what I saw he was very tenacious in the tackle - his ground work tackling was a major plus for me, tackled well and strong with both feet and came away with the ball on numerous occasions, which is what I like to see. I don't like full backs that throw themselves into the challenge, and watch the ball go flirting off to someone else or out for a throw in/corner.

like jay mac and moxey?

I must have missed those challenges Ambitious. I've got some time today so I'll have another look and see if I was wrong.

I'm not talking about a maniac who throws himself about. I think any left back needs to learn to stay on their feet as much as possible. What I mean is I like my left backs to be able to wipe someone out with a block challenge. To leave the right midfielder thinking what hit him. Don't use it every week but have it in your locker in case you need it.

It's lovely when you have defenders who can smash someone fairly.

Exactly, unless G Roberto and O'Connor are both injured.. (perish the thought)

My inkling is that Clough will give him a year in the u21's (along with Gjokaj) to see how his attitude checks out, if they aren't liked by Clough after a year, then we haven't lost all that much, when compared to if we'd signed them for 3/4 yr contracts.

Agreed.

I've been saying Ho-g'n-son. Well, not completely dropping the a, rather treating it as an unstressed vowel, there is no emphasis on it the way I say it. The way Nigel say Ho-g'Ann'son seemed a bit off to me for some reason. I might just be a bit weird.

I've been saying Ho-g'n-son. Well, not completely dropping the a, rather treating it as an unstressed vowel, there is no emphasis on it the way I say it. The way Nigel say Ho-g'Ann'son seemed a bit off to me for some reason. I might just be a bit weird.

swedish geordie ... id drop t' vowel too.. hoggy hoggy hoggy

Thought I'd come back on and let you know you were right. At least you were more right than I was. He was pretty involved without being involved in anything key, he was always available as an outlet and he made a couple of decent runs as well. He got done twice admittedly by a superb bit of touch and control from Cleveland Taylor, he didn't do enough to stop one cross coming in but he also nicked the ball off their strikers toes a couple of times. You can tell as well that he wants to play football and maybe his soft balls were just nerves, he'll just have to up the pace a little bit, but he's clearly got a bit of culture about him.

I'm loving my free time right now and watching a lot of the games. A bit sad but I'll watch the same half three of four times looking at one player a time. Overall at Burton Hoganson did more decent things than he did poor things and looking at the quality of the cross he swung in last night, he's got a beauty of a left foot on him.

Archived