Valentin Gjokaj

ShermanCardenas

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he was very good last night, the only time he got beaten in the air (considering their number 9 was much taller than him) was what lead to the 1st goal and that was because ob was in a terrible covering position. but he seems very good in the air and with the ball at his feet he is great.

O'Connor predominantly plays either fullback position doesn't he?

The Swiss lad is a centre back.

Think we still need him, even with O'Connor coming.

That should be our defence shored up then - happy with that, happy with the midfield (don't sell bailey and i'll be even happier) and as things stand, happy upfront but knowing savies is going, we need a replacement for him, but then... we're all good, a lot more competition for places than last season and hopefully a lot more quality!

Is he still coming with O'Connor arriving?

I can't see why not. He's young, wouldn't command much in wages and looks pretty good. He's also a centreback whilst O'Connor is a fullback.

I hope so - I would be disappointed if we let this one go, same as I was when we let kisnorbo go after an unbelievable performance in a trial!

...and boy did we dodge a bullet there! 49 appearances in 3 seasons doesn't make pretty reading, especially considering that he would have commanded pretty decent wages. He also missed, from what I can tell, the entire 10-11 season apart from a singular substitute appearance in the last game of the season. He's certainly not a bad player, but his injury record doesn't make pretty reading.

new signings in defence or midfield dont exite me as much as a striker signing would.

For the last 2 seasons or more we have been a good CF short of really competing.

No amount of chopping changing the midfield or defence i feel will significantly make us better there.

Spend the cash nigel, get some CFs in who can be strong, hold it, and can put away a greater percentage of our chances please!!!

Archived