Conor Doyle

Belper

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That clip doesn't really show anything, good movement but dodgy first touch, only option is to chip the keeper. I recall him playing against Cov on TV when Moxey scored and he was poor then. Saw him play against Belper Town in the cup an he was a passenger. Not sure what Clough sees in him tbh?

I've not seen much of him. But it was enough.

He's not as good as Bavies, Maguire, Croft or Cywka.

He's not especially young.

Reserves!!?

I doubt he was the best player for them. Or he was the joint top best player with about 5 other players who have done well for the reserves.

Reserve football is NOTHING like a real game. It's about as meaningful as a friendly.

How long has he been here?

I've not seen much of him. But it was enough.

He's not as good as Bavies, Maguire, Croft or Cywka.

He's not especially young.

Reserves!!?

I doubt he was the best player for them. Or he was the joint top best player with about 5 other players who have done well for the reserves.

Reserve football is NOTHING like a real game. It's about as meaningful as a friendly.

How long has he been here?

He's only 20, how is he "not that young"? He's also a forward who can play out wide, but he certainly doesn't look as good there. Sadly for him, that's where he's played for the first team mostly. At 6'2" he's not a small lad either, surely giving him a go up front with Theo at some point could be something worth trying.

Might be a bit harsh looking back. Been up with the baby since 3:40. Teething! Went to bed at 1. Work at 7:30.

But he's not put on a performance to rival anything like Hendrick, Ball, Bennett, Hughes, OB. Those are all young. You can add Pringle to that list of players. (not young, but same situation).

Not all those players have bright futures. We've seen some players show more than Doyle drop down to depths of the football pyramid.

Better players. Younger and older. He just looks worse than your Pringle's. Worse than your OBs. Worse than your Bavies. And these aren't players setting the world alight. These are the sort of names Derby could (and did) afford to miss.

He's below the standards. Not an unschooled talent like Cywka was or a limited functional player like Bavies.

He's only 20, how is he "not that young"? He's also a forward who can play out wide, but he certainly doesn't look as good there. Sadly for him, that's where he's played for the first team mostly. At 6'2" he's not a small lad either, surely giving him a go up front with Theo at some point could be something worth trying.

He's not young for his talent if you know what I mean. Hendrick and Bennett, OB and Ball, Hughes and Naylor are surely not all going to rise up the leagues. But they all have more than him.

I work in Belper. Wanna meet up tomorrow on my lunch lads? Xxxx

you dont know what i look like

Im Admin, I can see everyone.

Briggsy, I'm working in Chesterfield today, otherwise me and Belper would have loved to call in at bargin booze for a spot of lunch.

Archived