Conor Doyle

Belper

Am I now? You base this on what?

- Will Hughes made his debut for Derby coming off the bench against Peterborough to replace Jamie Ward, who was playing on the left of midfield

I remember it being mentioned that he can play across the midfield at different times, but I really can't be bothered finding it right now. However, the above alone should be enough for you to realise your error here.

Wrong on two fronts - he started against Peterborough on the right (Tyson was on the left)

Clough says after the game he is contention to fill the role in the future

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Clough-s-right-Rams-season/story-15959266-detail/story.html

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I now? You base this on what?

- Will Hughes made his debut for Derby coming off the bench against Peterborough to replace Jamie Ward, who was playing on the left of midfield

I remember it being mentioned that he can play across the midfield at different times, but I really can't be bothered finding it right now. However, the above alone should be enough for you to realise your error here.

Well you were wrong about the peterbrough game and about Doyle, he never plays up front as Clough doesnt see him as a forward. Its not us you have to convince anyway Conor its Nigel

Correct people, way too quick to jump on Albert's back. Hughes made his debut as a 90 minute sub away against Peterborough. He touched the ball once I think and Peterborough went on to grab that last second winner. He made is first start at home against Peterborough.

I apologise for the Peterborough thing but a 1 minute cameo is no basis for determining where Clough thinks he will play or that's is his position.

The only comments from Clough seem to be in the fill the role on the right that came after he was selected start a game on the right.

I apologise for the Peterborough thing but a 1 minute cameo is no basis for determining where Clough thinks he will play or that's is his position.

The only comments from Clough seem to be in the fill the role on the right that came after he was selected start a game on the right.

Unless you read this from Clough :-

"Will Hughes will be a part of the first team squad next season because he is good enough.

"He played on the right against Peterborough but I think ultimately he will be a central midfielder.

"He doesn't have the physical presence that Jeff Hendrick has although Jeff has a couple of years on him age wise, but it might be that Will starts his career on the right before moving into the middle.

"He's comfortable anywhere across the middle four. Each time he has come and joined in training with the first team he has not looked out of place."

I was also including where he plays for the reserves and he is always played in midfield

He mentioned on Twitter a bit ago that he had been golfing with his dad on his last day in States, and was now on a flight back to England...he finished his post with a #pointtoprove.

Maybe he is going to fight hard for his place?

What on Earth happened here?!

I say something that is easily verifiable and people launch the heavy, although inaccurate artillery...

Still no mention of being a leftie though - might eventually be CM but at the moment is considered a rightie.

Read again, it says he can play anywhere across the midfield. I can't be bothered finding it, but before he made the bench for the Peterborough away game he was mentioned by Clough as a possibility for the bench (for an earlier game I think), and in that interview it mentioned he could play on the left. If you reread what's written below though you'll see that he can "play anywhere across the midfield (OWTTE)", which is what I had also said in the thread (this being equivalent to being able to play on the right, left and in the middle as well):

Unless you read this from Clough :-

"Will Hughes will be a part of the first team squad next season because he is good enough.

"He played on the right against Peterborough but I think ultimately he will be a central midfielder.

"He doesn't have the physical presence that Jeff Hendrick has although Jeff has a couple of years on him age wise, but it might be that Will starts his career on the right before moving into the middle.

"He's comfortable anywhere across the middle four. Each time he has come and joined in training with the first team he has not looked out of place."

Oh well...

Specifies the right and centre for later - so he obviously favours him in that position

If its easily verifiable then verify it?

He directly mentions that he can play across the midfield, that is by definition verification that he can play across the midfield.

In terms of the article I mentioned, I'll have a quick look, but I'll make no promises, I don't feel like sifting through a year's worth of articles to find it.

I can't find it... I'm sure it was mentioned before he came into the squad, and I've seen others mention it (see the above link), but... guess its lost to the sands of time, or rather, lost in blinding light that are all the other articles on him now. Oh well...

Archived