Conor Doyle

Belper

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

out of interest who is the bloke that threads him through for that goal... incredible pass - eye of a needle kind of stuff.

You should watch the whole highlights Doyle is always in space recieving chances and unfortunately only takes one but truthely in there squadd there are more able players but doyle has an oppurtunity now during pre season to prove he can be one of our strikers who is in the favour of Nigel and can hopefully have a bright future at Derby, an oppurtunity not worth missing

I thought he was a forward by trade? Not much use comparing him to a load of midfielders when he's out of position...

The only time I've seen him upfront was away at Preston a couple of seasons ago, and he looked okay, but he did absolutely tart one over the bar.

Not saying he's good or bad, just saying he hasn't really had a chance in his position.

I remember at home versus Burnley a season or two ago, he did two amazing Maradonna 360 degree spins, and a Cruyff turn as well.

He did absolutely naff all for the rest of the game and I've never seen a player look so fustrated with his own performance and so lacking in confidence.

Doyle clearly has some mental block which prevents showing what he can do on the football pitch, and it's so big, I don't think he can ever break it.

Shame, because from what I've heard of him, he has some real talent.

I don't think he'll be good enough to play in this league at any point in the next 2 years, and that he desperately needs to be loaned out to a League Two club.

He's not got any outstanding attributes, but he's a potentially decent link-up player. I don't, though, think you can be a regular Championship player if your only attribute is neatness, you need more than that.

One thing that annoys me when it comes to talking about ANY fringe player is when people quote the number of appearances they've made as the number of games they've played. For instance Doyle has made over 20 appearances, but he has certainly not played 20 matches.

Clough doesn't seem to be mentioning conor tabs much of late. I think before last season he was going to get a chance but thing Hughes may be in front of him now.

I've heard Hughes be called a left winger, right winger and central midfielder, but never a striker. Conor might have been used out wide before, but he is a forward.

I don't think he'll be good enough to play in this league at any point in the next 2 years, and that he desperately needs to be loaned out to a League Two club.

He's not got any outstanding attributes, but he's a potentially decent link-up player. I don't, though, think you can be a regular Championship player if your only attribute is neatness, you need more than that.

One thing that annoys me when it comes to talking about ANY fringe player is when people quote the number of appearances they've made as the number of games they've played. For instance Doyle has made over 20 appearances, but he has certainly not played 20 matches.

Agree with the loan bit. When he played at Peterborough away, he was playing badly and supporters were getting on his back - he was getting so wound up with himself, at one point I genuinely thought he was going to cry.

Stick him in a league two side upfront, score a few goals, get him up against a few more physical teams (no disrespect to the bottom division - there are some good footballing sides in there too, but it is a more physical league) and he could come back with a stronger mentality. I think alot of his problems are in his psychological rather than technical. And the only way he can get it right is by finding the onion bag in games that matter - not reserve games.

It's really difficult to make a judgement on him because as you've said, he's made 20 appearances, not even matches. He doesn't get a consistent run in a side and he'd benefit from that in my opinion.

I've heard Hughes be called a left winger, right winger and central midfielder, but never a striker. Conor might have been used out wide before, but he is a forward.

Clough only ever seems to talk about him as a right mid to be honest and that where he has played for the reserves mostly. Even when we had no forwards and Bennett was used there Doyle wasnt metioned

Clough only ever seems to talk about him as a right mid to be honest and that where he has played for the reserves mostly. Even when we had no forwards and Bennett was used there Doyle wasnt metioned

Doyle actually was mentioned by Clough as a possibility, but was injured when he wanted to play him there.

The first time I remember hearing about Hughes was as the "young left winger who may be included in the match squad" earlier last season. Clough also referred to him as a central midfielder earlier in preseason I'm fairly sure.

Doyle actually was mentioned by Clough as a possibility, but was injured when he wanted to play him there.

The first time I remember hearing about Hughes was as the "young left winger who may be included in the match squad" earlier last season. Clough also referred to him as a central midfielder earlier in preseason I'm fairly sure.

I think your wrong but there you go.

I think your wrong but there you go.

Am I now? You base this on what?

- Will Hughes made his debut for Derby coming off the bench against Peterborough to replace Jamie Ward, who was playing on the left of midfield

I remember it being mentioned that he can play across the midfield at different times, but I really can't be bothered finding it right now. However, the above alone should be enough for you to realise your error here.

Archived