Conor Doyle

Belper

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought he played well, came into the game but himself about and kept the ball moving, a couple of good passes looked for the ball and won the ball in the middle of the park a couple of times, looked 100x more confident and tidier on the ball - amazing what a haircut and a dumbbell can do! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Was sat right behind the dug-out and not long after he came on at Burton he tried something fancy mid way in his own half and lost possession. Clough sprang to his feet and offered an almighty b*llocking!

He then didn't touch the ball for 5 mins or so but after that he actually seemed to play OK and had some nice touches. I guess he is desperate to impress but it was a silly position to try and be tricky!

Conor Doyle is a strange one for me. Came from nowhere as a total un-known quantity and has barely been seen since he arrived. When he has come on he has looked pretty nervous but by all accounts shows up in training. Had a few injuries last year and yet still has a place at the club beyond so many others.

For me he has gotten to the tipping point. He needs a good season of performing solidly when called upon. Cloughie seems perfectly happy to keep players who work hard and don't lose possession. If he can pick up this mentality and get a few good games under his belt it would seriously improve his confidence and influence on games. Conor is a big lad and obviously has a bit about him, I wouldn't mind seeing him up top if we are going to use Ward, Jacobs, Bryson and Coutts to be there for knockdowns and lay offs. At least in a friendly.

anyway, its time to see something from the lad. if not i'm sure Nigel will trim the fat.

I've noticed that as well Belper. It's always Hendrick, Doyle and Galinski leading from the front. I'd think NC is the type of manager where you can force your way into the team on pre-season effort. Galinski in particular looks as if he's come back in great shape and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him get a game or two pre-season.

I like Conor Doyle, I haven't seen too much of what they all talk about him offering, but I like him cos of where he came from, how he got here and how he's handled himself since arriving. Honestly though, I don't see him getting ahead of any of the strikers at the moment and feel Coutts may have pushed him further down on the right hand side as well.

Loan him out to the Brewers and get him some games, I don't want him going home without having a run of games somewhere.

Good call. Think he needs alot more game time in a competative league. Our reserves team is not what he needs at this stage of his career. Bung him out to somewhere league 1 or 2 and see how he gets on.

Belpers alright lads n lasses. Me sister lives there. Must be good.

Archived