Formation

Stedcfc

What formation would people like to see us play next year? I was a big fan of the 4-2-3-1 we played but we seemed to give up on it. If bailey was to stay I think him Hendrick deep with Jacobs Bryson and ward as the 3 could work. Theo has the pace and movement to cause problems up top in his own

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see 4-3-2-1 again if we had players that would compliment the formation but we just don't have them.

From the squad we have at the moment a solid 4-4-2 seems best again but this year with a proper winger on the right. Pace on the wings and up top now.

I still think Ben Davies will have a part to play though.

I personally like 5-3-2 with the fullbacks operating as wingbacks, getting far forward up the pitch. Jordi Alba and Arbeloa style.

I really think 4-2-3-1 would suit ward as he would have a lot of space to work with in between the defence and midfield. Would also bring bailey back into the mix. I think will Hughes and mason Bennett would suit the 3 nicely too.

If we don't get a good striker, then I think we should try the 4-3-2-1 going forward, 4-5-1 defending.

Fielding

Brayford

Buxton/OB

Shackell

Roberts

Hughes

Hendrick

Bryson

Jacobs

Ward

Robinson.

Just to let you know, Jacobs isn't a right winger. Also Hughes won't play cm. He'll be on the right wing cutting in or playing just behind the forward.

A simple 4-4-2. Can't see Robinson on his own up front. If we actually see any signings before the start of the season then I'll happily change. But atm I'm looking at a familiar team to last season, which is a little depressing. That said I do believe most of our squad can improve, so maybe the same players could bring us a little success this season? Anyway...

Fielding

Brayford - Buxton - Shackell - Roberts

Hendrick - Bryson

Hughes/Jacobs Ward/Hughes

Robinson - Ball

Subs: Legzkins, Obrien, Naylor, Hughes, Davies, Bennett, Bailey.

Just to let you know, Jacobs isn't a right winger. Also Hughes won't play cm. He'll be on the right wing cutting in or playing just behind the forward.

Just to let you know, Cloughie said Jacobs can play on either wings, and if you look at where Hughes is, he's playing a RCM role, which will be sort of on the right, chopping in. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I hope anything but 442.

442 is for two styles. Hoofball or really good wingers and a target man partnering a runner up front. We don't have the wingers or the aerial threat.

To play a passing game with 442 is like trying to have sex on a push bike.

So either we sign the neccesary players for 442 or this bunch are more suited to another system.

We were doing as well with 4231 as anything since Nigel arrived. It was a mistake to change. Results didn't get any better when we switched to 442 survival mode anyway. We got beat just as often.

Just to let you know, Cloughie said Jacobs can play on either wings, and if you look at where Hughes is, he's playing a RCM role, which will be sort of on the right, chopping in. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Okay, Jacobs can play on the right but doesn't perform there. Hughes is still too lightweight and not very good at tackling. For now he'll just be a winger.

4-6-0

Fielding

Roberts

Shackell

Buxton

Brayford

Ward

Hughes

Hendrick

Bryson

B Davies

Jacobs

I'd go with that for the first hour then throw Mason and Theo on just as the game starts to open up and the opposition are tiring.

Promoted by the end of February, champions by easter.

Archived