Negativity around outgoings from the club especially Shackell!!

RotherhamRam

I think Derby are touting shackell for the highest bidder.I wouldnt mind if we had cover but we havent.to be honest im getting tired of it.there doesnt seem to be enough news of players coming in.I cant see how we can possibly improve on last year at the moment

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To the OP.

Get real mate, they're preparing you for the worst.

Expect to see him leave in January on a free, and you'll all be saying good riddance beacause he's too greedy/not good enough/disloyal etc etc etc

I think we have to wait to see what happens, there will be a lot more outgoing talk than incoming talk when it comes to our club this summer, and it is unsettling!

I will wait till the season starts and judge if we're understaffed and if we have enough quality for a play-off push, however at the minute I predict the worse, we'll just have to wait and see! I am just ignoring the bullshit coming out, and trying to make my own judgement.

It is a bit unsettling the stories coming out the club, but what can we do, we're not in a great situation financially and investment seems to only cover losses.

To the OP.

Get real mate, they're preparing you for the worst.

Expect to see him leave in January on a free, and you'll all be saying good riddance beacause he's too greedy/not good enough/disloyal etc etc etc

Shackell to leave on a free when he has another year on his contract? Nah don't think so

I stand by my post.

At the moment he is here so why moan and guess what he would be sold for. Silly money is £3-£4million that was offered for Hulse. Never in a month of Sundays was he or ever has been worth that.

Clough realises that he needs someone in if he goes hence the comments on the line off if we are offered silly money and a replacement could be found then he would have to consider it. Surely that is business and for people wondering about Shackell he is a footballer and has played in the Championship long enough to know that at this level money definately talks. Every player knows that they may be sold.

Liverpool a few years ago offered Alonso on a swap deal who was by far part of the best midfield paring in Liverpool for a long time with Gerrard and they have never been the same since he went to Madrid on the free.

I will moan with everyone else IF he is sold and we dont get someone in to replace him. Till then I am not getting depressed or have a go at anybody just for the sake of it.

All the club has done is responded to questions from the media about Shackell, it was the bidding club that stated they wanted to sign him, and not Derby.

Derby's responses have been what I would expect from any club, 'we have had 4 bids and turned them down'.....'we would consider any bid that matches our evaluation of the player, and if we could then use those funds to strengthen the team'. They are just being honest.

I stand by my post.

At the moment he is here so why moan and guess what he would be sold for. Silly money is £3-£4million that was offered for Hulse. Never in a month of Sundays was he or ever has been worth that.

Clough realises that he needs someone in if he goes hence the comments on the line off if we are offered silly money and a replacement could be found then he would have to consider it. Surely that is business and for people wondering about Shackell he is a footballer and has played in the Championship long enough to know that at this level money definately talks. Every player knows that they may be sold.

Liverpool a few years ago offered Alonso on a swap deal who was by far part of the best midfield paring in Liverpool for a long time with Gerrard and they have never been the same since he went to Madrid on the free.

I will moan with everyone else IF he is sold and we dont get someone in to replace him. Till then I am not getting depressed or have a go at anybody just for the sake of it.

I think they sold alonso for "silly money" around £30 million if i recall, and he didnt want to leave but had "differences" with Benitez.

I think they sold alonso for "silly money" around £30 million if i recall, and he didnt want to leave but had "differences" with Benitez.

The differences was that Benitez the year before tried to sell him to buy Gareth Barry. Benitez then had a change of heart but Alonso demanded a move back to Spain as he did not want to play for Benitez after he tried to sell him when he did not want to go. That was a case of a manager shooting himself in the foot and not appreciating the player he already has at the club. I think that was the start of the end for Benitez as he never could find the suitable replacement for him

Unless Shackell himself refuses to play for Burnley I agree with anyone who questions Derby County's ambition, plan and ability.

Fans aren't always negative for the sake of it. It's concern. And in this case it looks to be justified.

This isn't a "told you so" post. It's just instead of posting a thread called "Blind positivity around DCFC and Nigel Clough"

12th is hardly astounding. There's plenty of reasons to be concerned. Plenty. As long as we back the team 100% on matchdays home and away, I see no reason why we have to all blindly believe in DCFC and their masterplans to become a PL team and global brand using a tactic that has never worked for anyone else. Including the heavily quoted Blackpool.

DERBY TILL I DIE! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Me too mate. Every week. Just my loyalty is only to the club. Not Nigel or the board or individual players.

But atleast Nigel has his heart in the right place. It was quite emotional listening to him talk about us once on Radio Derby. Love the bloke.

Archived