Negativity around outgoings from the club especially Shackell!!

RotherhamRam

I'm not sure if I am the only one feeling like this.

I am really getting fed up with comments made against Clough and Board in respect of Shackell rumours especially.

Also about the club looking at selling best players as mentioned on other threads. We have had our best season in 5 year last year. All the comments coming from Clough and the board is not that we need to sell players, we have improved and will attempt to improve the squad ready for next year.

There are 20 pages of comments re Shackell and that he will be sold for £1million, £1.25 million, £1.5 million because that is daft money - is it really daft money ask yourself whether this is really silly money.

We paid £900k for him last year did we pay daft money for him I would say not so we aint going to sell him for only a couple more hundred thousand then are we. People moaning that Derby selling our best players ready for next season. Wheres the evidence.

Green left of a free to dirty Leeds as wanted to leave although contract offered.

Maguire can not fall into this bracket

Addison and Croft up for sale

Savies transfer request due to family concerns

HOW DOES THIS EQUATE TO US BEING A SELLING CLUB.

Shackell comments from club states that silly money is the only reason we would part with him. £2million is not silly money. We have no intention of selling and if so he would have been gone by now.

I am really fed up of the negativity being thrown at Clough and Board when there is no evidence to suggest that anything will happen.

Sorry moan over. Expect to be shot down but really don't care.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel for you mate. The thing is I have become more pessimistic over the last two seasons regarding our club's future while reading posts on this site. It seems that there are two sides here and what ever happens half of the people will be unhappy unless we on some rare occasion unite and be unhappy together.

How do you know that the club don't deem 2 million silly money RR? Have they stated silly money in quotes or has it been if the offer is good enough to improve other areas then we may well sell him. Add to your list Bailey as well. If people are worried about the shackell situation then they have a right to state it RR. If you are annoyed by the moaning simply do not go on that thread, don't make another thread to moan about the moaners because all you're doing now is moaning. With many things it is perception that matters and not cold hard reality, the perception is that with the possibility of two of our best players leaving in shackell and sdavies that this puts us in the bracket of a selling club.

Cheer up Rotherham. If a ‘selling club’ is a club that has to sell players for wider financial reasons, such as to pay the rent or pay the next tax bill, then we’re not a selling club.

We’re more a ‘break even club’. So if Clough wants to improve the squad (he does) and if there’s no new investment from the owners to do that (there won’t be) then Clough has to make some very difficult decisions about how much he’s prepared to accept from the sale of his better players (he has no choice).

The articles in DET suggest to me that Shackell will be sold if an offer comes in that matches the minimum amount Clough thinks he needs to significantly improve the squad. The more Clough can get the better but, imo, that minimum amount could be around £1.5M-£2M. Not sure if that makes me negative or not.

/Of course, Clough also has to balance all this while making sure he doesn’t increase the overall wage bill…but now I’m just trying to make you as fed up as I am.

Cheer up Rotherham. If a ‘selling club’ is a club that has to sell players for wider financial reasons, such as to pay the rent or pay the next tax bill, then we’re not a selling club.

We’re more a ‘break even club’. So if Clough wants to improve the squad (he does) and if there’s no new investment from the owners to do that (there won’t be) then Clough has to make some very difficult decisions about how much he’s prepared to accept from the sale of his better players (he has no choice).

The articles in DET suggest to me that Shackell will be sold if an offer comes in that matches the minimum amount Clough thinks he needs to significantly improve the squad. The more Clough can get the better but, imo, that minimum amount could be around £1.5M-£2M. Not sure if that makes me negative or not.

/Of course, Clough also has to balance all this while making sure he doesn’t increase the overall wage bill…but now I’m just trying to make you as fed up as I am.

BOOO.... what you're saying is far too sensible 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

CLOUGH... . .IN [OR OUT]

SHACKELL.... .HERE [OR THERE]

MAGUIRE ..... GOOD [OR BAD]

So many different views from so many experts. Don't bother with the ones you don't like.

Who's the one who said he might sell Shackell. Clough !

Exactly that's where all the negativity has come from!

Clough shoud be saying what Glick said now I wonder how Shackell himself feels about this farce

Exactly that's where all the negativity has come from!

Clough shoud be saying what Glick said now I wonder how Shackell himself feels about this farce

I actually think that Clough's "honesty" has caused much of this. He does not promote an ambitious feeling for the club. All it has created is uncertainty for the summer. Not every fan has time to fully understand the entire situation.

Fans can only react to what the club and Clough put out there.

The majority of this so-called negativity towards Derby has been created by themselves. I am not fed up with the comments, I am fed up with the club making me feel it lacks ambition.

Take the Villa for example (please, take the Villa) Every week they used to criticise Martin's decisions to include a player, or to leave him out, 442 or 451. Everyone seemed to know better than him on the phone ins and papers criticised his tactics.

Not being keen on the Villa I am a fan of Martin O 'Neill as a great manager.

The so called experts were surprised when Martin walked out on the club.

I wasn't.

BTW I also admire our Nige. Let's just trust him to get on with his job eh?

Both managers were slightly influenced by the great man, Nigel's dad. Remember 1973. (or look it up if you're too young.)

Archived