Steve Davies

Stive Pesley

Colin Bloomfield says he hasnt heard anything on Twitter.

Also everyone on the forums were talking about Bryson & Shackell before they were signed, as we were making bids - they hadnt actually been signed until the club announced it

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those saying you can't buy or sell until June you can. The transfer window opens as soon as the last game is played. Also it is only the buying club and not the selling club that needs to have an open transfer window.

We can buy players now if we want to.

Looks like my source may have been wrong. Sorry if ive annoyed anyone but my usually reliable mate cleary stated that something would be released today. Might happen sometime in the window, we'll have to see.

It'll be a new extension based on a pay as you play deal Winthrop a 5% goal bonus might wake him up a bit to get fitter!

Just for the people who don't seem to realise this, we were playing in the Championship until 7th May last season. Teams cannot buy or sell players during a season. Once the season is over, clubs can buy and sell between clubs in their respective league and other leagues that are no longer playing.

The official transfer window opens on 1st June, because all leagues and cups are out of action as of 1st June.

So this deal could, in theory, have gone through. But as its complete crap and JacobDcfc was just looking for some attention, I'm going to presume that you're all really bored and have nothing better to do. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

its complete crap and JacobDcfc was just looking for some attention,

That's a little harsh, he heard a rumour that was on other forums as well and posted it, which is what the rumours section is for - he then apologised when he found out he was wrong - I have seen a lot worse on here tbf. As Daveo said it is silly season and there will be a lot of rumours, people just need to be careful when talking about "done deals".

Just for the people who don't seem to realise this, we were playing in the Championship until 7th May last season. Teams cannot buy or sell players during a season. Once the season is over, clubs can buy and sell between clubs in their respective league and other leagues that are no longer playing.

The official transfer window opens on 1st June, because all leagues and cups are out of action as of 1st June.

So this deal could, in theory, have gone through. But as its complete crap and JacobDcfc was just looking for some attention, I'm going to presume that you're all really bored and have nothing better to do. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Actually, you can buy and sell players at any point. The only thing you cannot do outside of the transfer window is register a player to play for you. So we could quite hapily sell Steve Davies to Ipswich, he could sign a contract with them and they would then register him on the first day the window opened. The exception to this is when a player is already on loan at your club - you can sign him at any time since he is already registered with your club.

They could have. I didn't get it from there though

But the other source coincidentally states "He has taken his children out of schooling in derby and joined Ipswich town".

Admit it, you both got it from football-rumours!

Archived