Cloughs message to all fans attending last game!

Whoneedshuls

Football has changed out of all proportion since i started watching the Rams 50 years ago and alot of what you say i have respect for . I too have felt let down by the clubs lack of ambition and have only been to 3 way games all season one being Forest . Good on you Joe .

I don't think the ambition is what Joe's mainly getting at, more how "modern" and "plastic" Pride Park and a large majority of our supporters have become. The match day experience has put a lot of people off. Great if your a family and you've got kids, fantastic day out. Not sure how old Joe is but I'm 21 and I'm losing hope with today's game. It's like a pantomime. I can see why he's not renewed for his stated reasons.

Modern day football is pathetic to be fair. There doesn't seem to be much I don't cringe at nowadays involving PP and it's match day shenanigans.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And this exactly why I am campaigning for the South Stand Home End and Safe Standing.

Both of which will improve the matchday experience.

PPS will be getting its first facelift in 15 odd years!!

Please can you do something about the announcer too!

Only a few changes need to be made that would cost nothing or even save money and the atmosphere would improve dramatically, without moving anyone anywhere (although obvs South Stand moving would be the most dramatic and beneficial change).

Oh dear, praps you should go and watch Ilson instead.

I seem to think most announcers are prats. I would like to have the announcer at Anfield - he's brill.

I blame TV, Health and Safety rules and 'praps having American owners. (Although visiting other grounds, most of them have some form of Americanisms) and I seem to think most clubs have goal music, much to their fans embarassment. We're not the only club with these issues.

Surely, if enough of us write/email the club, asking for no goal music, they'd have to listen.

I always think the build up to games is so lame. A half-hearted rendition of 'Steve Bloomer's watching', limp flag waving and overlong introductory music. By the time the teams come out the crowd is talking amongst themselves.

We need something simple - even a 'give us a D' from the PA system to lead into a 'Derby, Derby' chant would be an improvement. More days with black and white cards to hold up. Amplified sound from the crowd outwards rather than the PA inwards would create atmosphere rather than wincing.

I'd also like to see the team warming up by smashing balls at the keepers from the edge of the box, showing real intent to score goals later.

Oh, and more drummers!

"Steve Bloomer's watching" ffs its chuffing embarrassing

surely we can do better than that!

I've tried "You're gonna get your fookin heads kicked in", and only 3 people joined in with me.

I was in Matalan with the missus at the time though...................

I'm not sure if I will be at pride park next season. The cost of my season ticket is going up, can only pay for it in july and will be at university needing to get a train back for the majority of the season. I'm being slowly turned off by the matchday experience which has deteriorated dramatically in recent years which is an issue which in my mind isn't being resolved.

Okay, so I've decided to see why this threads still getting posts in it, and realise its just general chat. Nice. Now I'll add to it. I don't sing the Steve Bloomer's Watching song anymore because its played too early so we can fit the highly embarrassing "TWO MINUTE WARNING" in before kickoff. Also, anybody's kid had the honours of reading out the team sheet before games? You deserve a beating for allowing it. Tis all.

If they cut the goal music, cringeworthy announcer, kids reading the team sheet out, pre-match music (up until about 2.50) and Rammie with a drum then Pride Parks atmosphere might slowly get better...

A lot of the crap before kick off appears to follow some kind of format possibly laid out by the league?

I don't generally go to away matches, I've just picked this up from watching the FL show, has anybody else noticed the same music?

Money is why I've given my ticket up for now, sick of being frustrated by something completely out of my control and all about money.

Who goes for match day experience. Dont know about you but I go to the matchs to watch the rams that's what going to watch footballs all about ain't it. Mind you when I used to go with me dad to Bbg bot 5 yr old I loved goin because Rammie used to boot balls in to the stand and give sweets out good times

unfortunatley football aint just for 18 year old boys who think there men. Football is for all ages, why shouldnt kids have a chance to be on the pitch reading the names.

Because it's embarrassing, cringe-worthy and it doesn't get the crowd going

Because it's embarrassing, cringe-worthy and it doesn't get the crowd going

Their not there to get the crowd going, it's their match day experience your there to watch a football match, what goes on before hand are for the family, how proud would you be if it was your kid out there.

Archived