Cloughs message to all fans attending last game!

Whoneedshuls

they should just fill up the sprinkler system with acid and turn it on as all the chavs run on the pitch.....

I have already told the Peterbrough fans I know to make sure they are out of the ground at the final whistle because it get's really crazy down there..!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be really embarassing but the fact we've sung "we're Derby County, we'll sing on our own" at barely audible levels in the intervals between the Peterborough fans' noisy blasts of support to get behind their team far outweighs that.

Some kids also read out the team sheets and do permanent damage to your hearing, we play Sweet Sensation when the players come out on the pitch and we have a "two minute warning" before kick off.

In short - yeah, it's embarassing, but if you look at it positively there's far more to cringe at than our pitch invasions 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

It would be really embarassing but the fact we've sung "we're Derby County, we'll sing on our own" at barely audible levels in the intervals between the Peterborough fans' noisy blasts of support to get behind their team far outweighs that.

Some kids also read out the team sheets and do permanent damage to your hearing, we play Sweet Sensation when the players come out on the pitch and we have a "two minute warning" before kick off.

In short - yeah, it's embarassing, but if you look at it positively there's far more to cringe at than our pitch invasions 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

yeap,

1. Rammies taken from behind eyes.

We have this every season, the same tedious arguements go round and round - "stay off I want to clap the players, not have it ruined by 'Danny Dyers' (to be fair, I don't think 99% of them that run on would last 2 minutes if the opposition fans actually reacted to the cries of "come on in, come on in, come on in" from behind the piece of string with a fat steward on the end of it, and did indeed "come on in")", or "i'm going on, it's more exciting than clapping the players and they come out anyway, plus it's quicker to get out if you're in the South East corner as you can just go out under that little tunnel under the scoreboard".

I couldn't care either way to be honest. I ain't gonna go running on and bounce around like a pr*ck behind a wall of high vi's, and neither do I particularly want to wait around for half an hour to applaud our players.

Pitch invasions should be reserved for mental goal celebrations/away game antics/survival/promotion, but if people wanna run on, let them, it's all harmless fun and adds a bit of excitement and atmosphere to the last 10 minutes of the season when the first conga line starts off in the South Stand and makes it's way along the East Stand running track. Plus the players/ref absolutely **** it at the full time whistle.

What he said /!\

I have been on the pitch in seasons gone by, the palace promotion game, div 2 title against plymotuh, last ever at BBG etc etc.

But i havent been on for the sake of it in recent season s.

You cant complain against pitch invasions when we achieve something.

But invasions for the sake of it are pretty pathetic.

It's embarrassing seeing kids read out the team sheets?... No, it isn't. It's the Kid's big moment, he or she can go back to school and say to all their mates that they said that on the pitch.. It's embarrassing that they sound like they dont know the Names of the players.. Also, Sweet Sensation is boring!. AND the Announcer saying "COME ON YOU RAMS" sounds ridiculous, because it's just fallen on deaf ears every time..

We arn't as embarrassing as Sheffield United, who have a song about Greasy Chip Butties that makes me cringe every time i hear it 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />.. Now, im off to watch them get promoted..

Also coming from a Young 'Un.. I'm not going to fight at Football Match's and i think it's ******** how people wanna fight and not just watch football.. I also think running onto the pitch at Full Time to fight/annoy away fans, is a load of **** and those people who get caught should be thrown out!.

I want to run well walk actually, onto the pitch, touch the grass.. Maybe take a picture infront of the Goals and see what it's like on the pitch, how the stadium looks from there etc and then go home.. No Harm done.. Now if everybody wanted to do that...

I want to run well walk actually, onto the pitch, touch the grass.. Maybe take a picture infront of the Goals and see what it's like on the pitch, how the stadium looks from there etc and then go home.. No Harm done.. Now if everybody wanted to do that...

They do kids parties for that sort of stuff? Might get a photo with rammie if you're lucky.

Very hostile atmosphere created by high-pitched 4 years working their tongue around Ledzgins...you could almost hear the away fans sniggering if it wasn't for the tannoy system's perpetual screeching.

Was pleasantly surprised the players could do the lap of honour yesterday. There wasn't even a attempt to get on the pitch.

Yeah, I thought the same, it was nice to see the players come on with their kids although I thought at one one point Bavies was going to drop his baby cos he was trying to clap the fans. It's not easy trying to juggle a baby with clapping and Theo's little boy, bless him, trying his best with his little legs to keep up with his dad.

I also spotted Nigel with his arm around a player having what looked like a good old heart to heart but I couldn't see who it was. Fair play to the team, hope they go wherever they go and have a good rest, and then regroup, ready to come out fighting next season.

It was great to see Barks too!

UTR.

was great to see the player come round with the kids at the end, and well done to everyone for keeping off the pitch.

Good to see greeny come out too, all the best to him. Theo didn't know which one of his kids to pick up 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> .

Well done to the lads, now for next season 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Have you decided to not go to Pride Park then Joe next season

Well i've ditched the season ticket - first time since 2004/2005 that I won't have one.

I may pop in for a few of the "good" games - opening day, Forest, the Sheffield team(s), Leeds maybe, I don't know yet, depends on my mood I suppose, but you won't catch me watching Barnsley on a Tuesday night anymore that's for sure. So yeah, i'm becoming a fairweather fan!

Still do some away games - although our away support is on it's knees, I do at least see some hope in that regard - whenever we've taken decent numbers anywhere in the last few years our support has been top notch - some great followings with low numbers at times too, and should we get on a good run, those numbers will swell (plus i've still got to tick off a few grounds/cities), whereas i've got to say Pride Park is a lost cause to me. I've tried really hard to go with a positive mindset, particularly in the second half of the season (after the West Ham and Leeds games gave me great hope for the future - both really enjoyable matches), but I just cannot see past certain things.

The kids reading the team sheets, just as the beans are starting to go, and the atmosphere is on the up - it totally kills the mood, the away fans can barely contain their sneers. It's not the kids fault they've got no balls, but it sure does grate on me.

The goal music - no place whatsoever in football, whoever thought it was a good idea should be taken outside and shot, preferably infront of their families.

The announcer is a total jeb.

Dancing 11 year olds, Rammie and his stupid drum, the 2 minute warning, Starbucks, Toyota Carina's decorating the stadium, grown men asking Nigel to "give them a wave", "Who are ya, who are ya?", the volume of the PA, not enough lads going, the sponsored substitutions, the sponsored match ball, the sponsored injury time... Aaaaaarrrrrrrgh!

This isn't football, get me outta here!

So rather than bore everyone for the millionth time with how much I hate this club of mine, i've decided to stop being a hypocrite and take some time out from it. I'm banking on both the lack of familiarity and the idea that i'm only there out of habit, rather than a desire to be there, to give me some sort of buzz, should I turn up at a game next season.

Here's to a good summer for all, and hopefully a decent season for the Rams next time round.

Archived