Michael Jacobs

Chris Peduck

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be interesting to see if Clough uses him as right or left winger.

Right may mean competition for B.Davies

Left would mean competition for Ward (although I wouldn't like to see Ward out the team), and this could mean Clough definitely sees Tyson as a striker and not a winger.

Decent player he is, bet we will have to give em 400-500 grand compensation wont we?

We paid £400k comp for maguire, who was playing at a higher level with international experience, so i'd have thought £300-350 would be nearer.

Hello Rams, Cobblers fan here. Notice you are the latest to bid for Jacobs, Blackpool bid for him in January. The time is right for him to leave us as he needs to play with better players to really flourish. He has excellent feet and can take players on easily, he turned a Brighton player inside out last season and left him injured just by trickery. He can deliver some great set pieces but equally can hit the first man from corners. His biggest issue has to be his decision making which will improve with better players around him and better coaching. He's been watched by England already as possible call up to U21s. Is he the finished article? Nowhere near. Could he play higher? Without a shadow of doubt. As for cost...well he's played almost 100 games for us, aged 20 that is impressive, he's captained the side so you'd be looking at around a minimum of 400k IMO. For what it's worth I think a club like Derby would be perfect for him. I've seen Ben Davies play and Jacobs will be better, much better.

Derby County are interested in signing Northampton Town winger Michael Jacobs, BBC Radio Derby reports.

Jacobs, who has scored seven goals in 48 appearances this season, is out of contract in the summer but he would command a fee as he is 20 years old.

"He's a wide midfielder and we are certainly aware of him," Clough said.

"No bid has been made and I'm sure he'll have the pick of a few clubs. We will see how it goes and and what the situation is at the end of the season."

The Cobblers have already turned down an offer for Jacobs from a Championship club.

Clough added: "It's a rare thing that he is out of contract and there will be a compensation issue with him.

"They [Northampton] have a couple of matches to go, so we will see."

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/disability-sport/17858104]http://www.bbc.co.uk...-sport/17858104

Archived