Michael Jacobs

Chris Peduck

Good to see that we have targets early on but it looks like we may not have learned our lessons from previous transfer windows. I really think we should hold our cards close to our chests and not go spouting about who we are wanting to sign (Sammon, Waghorn, Eustace ring any bells?) as it will drive prices up, alert other clubs and p*ss fans off when we don't manage to sign them

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What makes you think it was Derby that made our interest public? I think we can rule out his agent....

The point im trying to make is that we have confirmed that we ae interested in 2 players, of Nigel hadn't talked about them openly or simply refused to comment it would have been dismissed as a rumour. Now it puts us in direct competition with other clubs in the public eye and leaves us open to criticism for lack of ambition/ investment criticism

Just to clarify, from a Cobblers fans perspective Jacobs is much much better either on the left of midfield or in the middle, he has only played a handful of games on the right of midfield for us and hasn't impressed.

If it helps, it was probably us that made the interest public knowledge, we have attempted to create some sort of bidding war. The bids so far are rumoured to be around £250k, which isn't enough according to NTFC. Apparently if it goes to a tribunal there are now guidelines for these sort of thing and going by those we would get around £750k, I have no idea if that is true of course, just what our club says and could well be a scare tactic. I suspect he will end up going for around £400k. The rumours down here are that a deal with you guys is very close.

Apparently if it goes to a tribunal there are now guidelines for these sort of thing and going by those we would get around £750k.

I doubt you're far off. When we signed Steve Davies from Tranmere, it was reportedly £250k initial, with an extra £500k in add-ons such as promotion and appearances.

Archived