RamsTrust

Gritty

I have a friend who is active in the Foxes Trust. The Foxes Trust have meetings with the Finance Director and, from what I understand, work with the Club on community stuff.

I know RamsTrust got a bad rep during the 3 amigos tenure and I don't want to reopen an old sore in relation to that. But I wonder if the RamsTrust are still active and whether their involvement with the club now has greater support (imagine the people involved have changed over the years). Could the RamsTrust provide a link between the club and the fans on issues like the accounts etc?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Glick said recently that they are looking for a "fan representative" to come on board in some capacity.

What issue do you have with the account by the way? They are publicly available and have been discussed in the media (even though the DET fail to explain them half as good as ramblur - closer to misrepresenting them I would say!).

granted i only make it to 6-12 games a year and am not from the area, I don't really see RamsTrust at all. What would be better would be if people could be nominated by the fans from forums like this, supporters' buses, local pubs and then up for a vote on the website or whatever to be the nominated fans' president.

I don't see why RamsTrust gets such bad press. As a concept i think it's a good one.

I can't get 100% enthused about the prospect of fans' ownership and the politics involved.If the forums are anything to go by,there'd be calls to change the manager every other month.Give me a good dictator,I think.

I can't get 100% enthused about the prospect of fans' ownership and the politics involved.If the forums are anything to go by,there'd be calls to change the manager every other month.Give me a good dictator,I think.

I think the fan's share would have to be a minority share for it to work - enough to have input but not enough to shape the direction of the club.

I think the fan's share would have to be a minority share for it to work - enough to have input but not enough to shape the direction of the club.

But who would represent us and how would they be elected.Seems to me you'd have to join RT for this.If only a small proportion of the fanbase wanted to do this,then RT wouldn't be representative.Starting to wish I hadn't got involved in this discussion already 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

But who would represent us and how would they be elected.Seems to me you'd have to join RT for this.If only a small proportion of the fanbase wanted to do this,then RT wouldn't be representative.Starting to wish I hadn't got involved in this discussion already 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

If it's going to be co-ordinated, organised fan representation, it's going to need some sort of group you join up to. As long as that group is open to all to join, isn't pricing people out of membership (so it's not elite), I can't see a problem using RT for that purpose. The alternative is you set up another organisation to do the same thing, and it'll have exactly the same problems.

It'll always be open to criticism from some quarters, no matter what group is involved. You need to have a members' list so you can ensure fairness for elections etc., and you'll never get a majority of fans to be involved in a single group - or any group at all. It's as good as you'll get, I reckon.

If the most active posters from this forum all joined, they would have an avenue to ask the questions of the club that get debated on here; i.e. rather than debate why the Board are doing this or that, be able to ask them

There's no perfect way to get fans representation. All you can hope for is to get some way for the Board/Owners to be forced to operate openly and transparently. Whether thats a token fan attending meetings or, better still, the meetings minutes published or reported.

Its not aimed just at the current owners of DCFC, but the world in general............

All we ask for is honesty. We are sick of spin whether its from work, government or our football club.

Treat us like adults and tell us the feckin truth.

Im not a big fan of the board, far from it, but tbf they do listen, in fact I have had an invite to meet AA, after some email exchanges.

RT got bad press as they virtually claimed to have resolved the three amigos and there was a lot of bad feeling about this. They have also been questioned on other forums, particularly the one run by DET that shut, over membership levels and if their meetings where voting for board members actually valid in terms of numbers, so it kinda left a bitter taste in the mouths of some.

I attended a meeting, once, and their only interest was in trying to get me to join and not answer any of the questions I had about their organisation.

Personally I think they have served a purpose and something new needs to be implimented and club led.

I don't think we need fans on the board in all honesty, 90% of Derby fans think that all our problems can be solved with signing Billy Sharp, the other 10% think all our problems can be solved by signing Jordan Rhodes.

Not true - some of us still want Michael Owen.

I wouldn't be happy if the Ramstrust thought that they would automatically be in the frame for the fans rep.

I think Bris or Swizz would be more suited.

Just when I thought your love for me was fading...you go and say somethign as sweet as that...

i totally agree.... Me for "fans representative"......!!

RT got bad press as they virtually claimed to have resolved the three amigos and there was a lot of bad feeling about this. They have also been questioned on other forums, particularly the one run by DET that shut, over membership levels and if their meetings where voting for board members actually valid in terms of numbers, so it kinda left a bitter taste in the mouths of some.

I attended a meeting, once, and their only interest was in trying to get me to join and not answer any of the questions I had about their organisation.

Personally I think they have served a purpose and something new needs to be implimented and club led.

Setting up a whole new structure to communicate between club and fans seems odd to me when a structure is in place. If we all joined we could have a say in the running of the RT and make it the organisation that we want it to be (that is assuming it is not already acting in a very sensible way but we are unaware) and, indirectly, have a say in the running of DCFC.

I'm going to join I think as I think if you;re in the tent you can have a say

It would be easy to sort. Any fan could be nominated by ten fans with season tickets and/or customer member numbers.

Have a page on the club website with that fan's personal profile and 'manifesto' then have an online vote.

Archived