13 wins/Play Off chances PTII merged.

ariotofmyown

We've won 5 away games all season and you expect us to go out there and win our next three? Especially against two sides fighting for their lives at the bottom. And against Leeds who've improved under Warnock.

Yep, Bristol City and Pompey definitely. We should beat Leeds, if we draw I suppose that's okay but, after they lost 3 - 7 to Forest I want Derby to go out and win it.

I expect us to gain more points away from home than at home in the last few games. Might not happen, never know with Derby but that's my outlook.

Depends what Clough is planning though, wether he wants to introduce some more of the youth or not?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

21. Bristol - in poor form, would be daft not to go for the throat.

15. Ipswich - in good form, could be a slip up.. Jewells first return to pride park since the dark days.

10. Leeds - in poor home form, average form altogether.. big game for Clough, always seem to do them at their place anywho.

5. Middlesborough - in poor form, play off bottlers.. they haven't got it in them to cross the line!

8. Cardiff - VERY poor form, one win in 9.. another play off bottler, tricky place to go mind.

24. Portsmouth - dead in the water... don't win their our players want a bullet!

18. Peterborough - nothing to play for, surely got to win...

Bristol Ipswich Portsmouth Peterborough and Middlesborough all wins would give us 15 more points, that is possible... very possible if we play well and want it enough!

Second time he's been back, think they beat us 1 - 2 last season with a wonder goal from Bullard. But still, hope we batter them.

Improved under Warnock? Wow, you're a nutter!

9 points in 7 games including games against Southampton (who they absolutely battered), West Ham, Hull and Middlesborough. Obviously a poor result against Forest but that was just a freak game, apart from that they've lost to Southampton when they didnt deserve to.

People who expect us to win our next 3 away obviously havent seen how we've set up away from home throughout the season. Apart from Doncaster, where by all accounts we dominated the game, we havent controlled an away game all season.

9 points in 7 games including games against Southampton (who they absolutely battered), West Ham, Hull and Middlesborough. Obviously a poor result against Forest but that was just a freak game, apart from that they've lost to Southampton when they didnt deserve to.

People who expect us to win our next 3 away obviously havent seen how we've set up away from home throughout the season. Apart from Doncaster, where by all accounts we dominated the game, we havent controlled an away game all season.

We controlled forest.

Ok, well lets use some stats...

Warnock: 7 games, 2 wins...28.57%

Grayson: 32 games, 14 wins...43.75%

Not enough?

Warnock: 7 games, 9 points...1.28 points per game

Grayson: 32 games, 48 points...1.5 points per game

Where is the improvement in that???

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Cashback-offer-table-Rams-fans/story-11564984-detail/story.html]http://www.thisisder...tail/story.html

8th and 18th paragraphs relate (second of these nails it firmly)..........so what will you have to say about them if we fail to finish in the top 6?

I'd say they made ridiculously optimistic presumptions and have the wrong manager to deliver them.

Ok, well lets use some stats...

Warnock: 7 games, 2 wins...28.57%

Grayson: 32 games, 14 wins...43.75%

Not enough?

Warnock: 7 games, 9 points...1.28 points per game

Grayson: 32 games, 48 points...1.5 points per game

Where is the improvement in that???

Yep, that's really fair, comparing two managers one who's had 7 games the other 32. Including playing the top 2 in those 7 games. Take away the Forest game and i expect Leeds performances have improved massively.

Yep, that's really fair, comparing two managers one who's had 7 games the other 32. Including playing the top 2 in those 7 games. Take away the Forest game and i expect Leeds performances have improved massively.

Take away the 4-1 defeat that got him fired and perhaps he'd still be in the job, or take away ALL the defeats that Grayson suffered and he's the better manager, infact what about taking away the bullet that killed JFK, that was just one bullet, that won't make a difference...oh wait, it does.

But seriously pal. YOU compared the two managers. I just used stats to prove that wrong, yet I'm the one thats unfair?...how did that happen? So now go look back at your posts and come back with an argument that can be even slightly justified.

That doesn't include omitting their defeat to forest for a third time. That, my friend is just weak.

Take away the 4-1 defeat that got him fired and perhaps he'd still be in the job, or take away ALL the defeats that Grayson suffered and he's the better manager, infact what about taking away the bullet that killed JFK, that was just one bullet, that won't make a difference...oh wait, it does.

But seriously pal. YOU compared the two managers. I just used stats to prove that wrong, yet I'm the one thats unfair?...how did that happen? So now go look back at your posts and come back with an argument that can be even slightly justified.

That doesn't include omitting their defeat to forest for a third time. That, my friend is just weak.

In fairness you can't judge someone after 7 games.. If Leeds win the next 3 games then they'll have a win % of 50%, probably the highest in their history..

At least wait until they've had the same amount of games..

What you can judge though is the attitude of the players and the performances, I don't pay much attention to Leeds so I wouldn't know if they've improved in that area..

I think Warnock will get them in shape for next season and they'll be up their with the top teams

In fairness you can't judge someone after 7 games.. If Leeds win the next 3 games then they'll have a win % of 50%, probably the highest in their history..

At least wait until they've had the same amount of games..

What you can judge though is the attitude of the players and the performances, I don't pay much attention to Leeds so I wouldn't know if they've improved in that area..

I think Warnock will get them in shape for next season and they'll be up their with the top teams

And I agree.

Stats are only useful over a sustained period of time, you cant compare two managers record when one has only had 7 games in charge. I didnt compare them, i said they've improved under Warnock. Your definition of 'improved' is obviously purely and solely results, which after 7 games and considering who they've had to play, is unfair. If you base managers purely on results then you must have wanted Clough out a long time ago.

I'm not a Leeds fan, i havent watched them every game. But i did against Southampton, West Ham and Middlesbrough under Warnock and they looked better from when i'd seen them earlier in the season. I may be wrong and they havent improved, but you cant disprove that over 7 games purely on results.

I'm going to put this out there. Not because I think we will make it - but because I think we still can.

I wouldnt care if we scraped 6th place on a gnats chuff.

We've got 7 games to go and we've got 5 points to make up.

In our last 7 games this was the gap to 6th place.

P39 - gap 5 points

P38 - gap 8 points

P37 - gap 7 points

P36 - gap 8 points

P35 - gap 11 points

P34 - gap 9 points

P33 - gap 12 points.

In other words in our last 7 games we've made up [size=6]7 points [/size]on the 6th placed club.

I dont care if we dont make it, I dont care if I look like a tit saying it. I'm going to get excited at least until saturday!!!

5 points in 7 games? pffft...

In case some of you dont read the whole 7 pages of the 13 wins thread.

I'm going to put this out there. Not because I think we will make it - but because I think we still can.

I wouldnt care if we scraped 6th place on a gnats chuff.

We've got 7 games to go and we've got 5 points to make up.

In our last 7 games this was the gap to 6th place.

P39 - gap 5 points

P38 - gap 8 points

P37 - gap 7 points

P36 - gap 8 points

P35 - gap 11 points

P34 - gap 9 points

P33 - gap 12 points.

In other words in our last 7 games we've made up [size=6]7 points [/size]on the 6th placed club.

I dont care if we dont make it, I dont care if I look like a tit saying it. I'm going to get excited at least until saturday!!!

5 points in 7 games? pffft... Tell me mam, me mam......

Archived