13 wins/Play Off chances PTII merged.

ariotofmyown

Our record over two games against any of the top 'teams' shows where exactly we are.. Midtable.. Here is our record against the other top 11..

Southampton (L 4-0) (D 1-1) (agg. 5-1)

Reading (D 2-2) (L 1-0) (agg. 2-3)

West Ham (L 3-1) (W 2-1) (agg. 4-3)

Brighton (L 2-0) (L 1-0) (agg. 3-0)

Birmingham (W 2-1) (D 2-2) (agg. 4-3)

M'Boro (L 2-0) (???) (agg. 2-0)***

Leicester City (L 4-0) (L 1-0) (agg. 5-0)

Blackpool (W 1-0) (W 2-1) (agg. 3-1)

Hull City (L 2-0) (W 1-0) (agg. 2-1)

Leeds Utd (W 1-0) (???) (agg. 1-0)***

Cardiff City (L 3-0) (???) (agg. 3-0)***

So we've played 19 W 6 D 3 L 10 GD -16

We've collected 21 points from 19 games against other teams in the top half with a goal difference of a whopping -16.. It just shows that we've been competitive and we've won games against the lower end teams, but when it comes to playing top teams our lack of quality has ultimately let us down.. The games we've won against the top lot have been scrappy hard fought wins but we've been beaten comfortably a few times hence our -16 GD.. This is nothing to do with a couple of key suspensions, injuries, lack of a striker, we're lacking abit of quality all over the board IMO..

So imagine this lot against better quality in the PL.. We'd get destroyed

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our record over two games against any of the top 'teams' shows where exactly we are.. Midtable.. Here is our record against the other top 11..

Southampton (L 4-0) (D 1-1) (agg. 5-1)

Reading (D 2-2) (L 1-0) (agg. 2-3)

West Ham (L 3-1) (W 2-1) (agg. 4-3)

Brighton (L 2-0) (L 1-0) (agg. 3-0)

Birmingham (W 2-1) (D 2-2) (agg. 4-3)

M'Boro (L 2-0) (???) (agg. 2-0)***

Leicester City (L 4-0) (L 1-0) (agg. 5-0)

Blackpool (W 1-0) (W 2-1) (agg. 3-1)

Hull City (L 2-0) (W 1-0) (agg. 2-1)

Leeds Utd (W 1-0) (???) (agg. 1-0)***

Cardiff City (L 3-0) (???) (agg. 3-0)***

So we've played 19 W 6 D 3 L 10 GD -16

We've collected 21 points from 19 games against other teams in the top half with a goal difference of a whopping -16.. It just shows that we've been competitive and we've won games against the lower end teams, but when it comes to playing top teams our lack of quality has ultimately let us down.. The games we've won against the top lot have been scrappy hard fought wins but we've been beaten comfortably a few times hence our -16 GD.. This is nothing to do with a couple of key suspensions, injuries, lack of a striker, we're lacking abit of quality all over the board IMO..

So imagine this lot against better quality in the PL.. We'd get destroyed

Yes we would. But I imagine even our board would buy some players if we got promoted. Not that I think we will buy the way.

If our current form continues, and with the team this season we could either go on an unbeaten run until the end of the season or not pick up a single point, we won't make the playoffs.

If you take the form over the last six games, we will just miss out by a point. Southhampton and Reading get the auto places (obviously) whilst West Ham, Brighton, Middlesbrough and Watford are left to fight it out in the play-offs. Derby would finish 7th - one place and one point above Leicester. 12 places and 19 points ahead of Forest. I would call that a very successful season. This all does require us to keep our current run of form going (fyi, if you take form over the last 8 games we finish between 10th and 14th depending on goal difference on 66 points along with Watford, Cardiff, Hull and Palace).

Here's the 6-game form table.

1-Southampton-97

2-Reading-88

3-West Ham United-80

4-Brighton & Hove Albion-73

5-Middlesbrough-72

6-Watford-70

7-Derby County-69

8-Leicester City-68

9-Cardiff City-68

10-Birmingham City-68

11-Leeds United-66

12-Hull City-66

13-Blackpool-66

14-Ipswich Town-66

15-Crystal Palace-65

16-Burnley-54

17-Peterborough United-52

18-Barnsley-51

19-Nottingham Forest-50

20-Millwall-47

21-Coventry City-43

22-Bristol City-42

23-Doncaster Rovers-38

24-Portsmouth-35

Sorry, I forgot to add I can't seem to see the edit button on my post.

To make the magic 70 points to beat Watford (again, all predicted and totally pointless) we need to win 5 of our 7 games. Looking at our fixtures to the end:

vs. Bristol City

vs. Ipswich

vs. Leeds

vs. Middlesbrough

vs. Cardiff

vs. Portsmouth

vs. Peterborough

You would hope that we could beat Bristol City, Portsmouth and Peterborough, so thats 3 of 5. We would then need to beat two of Ipswich, Leeds, Middlesbrough or Cardiff. None of them are going to be easy, and I'm not sure I can see 2 wins there. Maybe one and a draw, but I just can't see 2.

Looks like Championship football next year 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

If our current form continues, and with the team this season we could either go on an unbeaten run until the end of the season or not pick up a single point, we won't make the playoffs.

If you take the form over the last six games, we will just miss out by a point. Southhampton and Reading get the auto places (obviously) whilst West Ham, Brighton, Middlesbrough and Watford are left to fight it out in the play-offs. Derby would finish 7th - one place and one point above Leicester. 12 places and 19 points ahead of Forest. I would call that a very successful season. This all does require us to keep our current run of form going (fyi, if you take form over the last 8 games we finish between 10th and 14th depending on goal difference on 66 points along with Watford, Cardiff, Hull and Palace).

Here's the 6-game form table.

1-Southampton-97

2-Reading-88

3-West Ham United-80

4-Brighton & Hove Albion-73

5-Middlesbrough-72

6-Watford-70

7-Derby County-69

8-Leicester City-68

9-Cardiff City-68

10-Birmingham City-68

11-Leeds United-66

12-Hull City-66

13-Blackpool-66

14-Ipswich Town-66

15-Crystal Palace-65

16-Burnley-54

17-Peterborough United-52

18-Barnsley-51

19-Nottingham Forest-50

20-Millwall-47

21-Coventry City-43

22-Bristol City-42

23-Doncaster Rovers-38

24-Portsmouth-35

Watford in the premiership lol. I really hope we don't miss out by one point. I would rather be nowhere near than that close.

I know it's unlikely, but if we go on an unbeaten run and need to beat Peterborough in the last match of the season to finish 6th. Who would want us to win and who would want us to lose and avoid play offs and possible promotion.

I'd love us to get a playoff place.

Just so I can be the first to post "board out. Bunch of liars, promising pushing top 6."

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Cashback-offer-table-Rams-fans/story-11564984-detail/story.html]http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Cashback-offer-table-Rams-fans/story-11564984-detail/story.html

8th and 18th paragraphs relate (second of these nails it firmly)..........so what will you have to say about them if we fail to finish in the top 6?

"We expect to play winning football, we expect to put an exciting team out. We haven't done that consistently this season and we're well below where we expected to be in the league table.

"First of all, we need to have a strong finish to this season and make sure we get safe.

"Then, we need to put together a side that will compete in the top six next year. That is going to mean bringing in better players."

Taken at the end of last season..

First of all we haven't been playing winning football.. We've won as many as we've lost.. Secondly, to be exciting, you need flair players, we have one at a push in Ward, and our football isn't 'exciting' though this can be down to the work in progress..

Finally we haven't competed in the top 6 all season.. Well, after about 8 games after our flying start.. We haven't even been in the top 6 since September/October, let alone push them or even 'compete in' them..

I don't think many would call them up on it.. But they've failed on all 3 accounts.. (Although again the 2nd one could be 'work in progress')

I'm looking forward to the boards summary of this season and how their targets for next season.

Sorry, just once again, not going to happen..

Assuming we win all 3 of our home games (which is a tough ask anyway), that requires us to win 3 out of our 4 away games.. The fact that we've won only 5 away all season.. 2 in the last 15.. We stand a chance against Leeds as we have a good recent record aganst them.. But our record at Pompey, Bristol City and Cardiff have been terrible in recent years..

I'd be amazed if we managed the 3 away wins out of 4.. Let alone a record of 6 out of 7.

If we don't beat Pompey and Bristol away this season I'll be more disappointed with those results than any other, bar the 4 - 0 drubbing against Leicester and the 2 - 0 defeat to Coventry.

Saying all this though, I want to see some of the youth coming through for a bit of experience. Mason Bennet and this Will Hughes fella at least. Was it Stefan Galinski as well?

So, depending on what Clough goes for (wins to finish as high as possible or game time for youth) my 'cross hairs' change focus.

Pompey and Brizzle though, that's 6 points in my opinion and if we don't get 6 points I'm disappointed. I think we should be beating Leeds away, so make that 9. We've got Ipswich, Middlesbrough and Peterborough at home, I'd take 5 points from them. We own Ipswich a beating though and Middlesbrough, we can beat them, they're also on a bit of a bad run of form.

I reckon we should at the very least get 14 points (if he sticks with the senior players) putting us on 69. Won't be to disappointed with a finishing tally of 65, but we need to finish with a bang.

Play offs is a bit much but I'd love it if we got there, imagine this forum, would be amazing in here and the games would be a laugh!

Playoffs are just too far out of reach now realistically. Finishing 7th to 10th is not out of the question though. If we fluked our way in the playoffs, I think we'd win it all as our form would be far above any of the others... I'm dreaming of course haha.

"We expect to play winning football, we expect to put an exciting team out. We haven't done that consistently this season and we're well below where we expected to be in the league table.

"First of all, we need to have a strong finish to this season and make sure we get safe.

"Then, we need to put together a side that will compete in the top six next year. That is going to mean bringing in better players."

Taken at the end of last season..

First of all we haven't been playing winning football.. We've won as many as we've lost.. Secondly, to be exciting, you need flair players, we have one at a push in Ward, and our football isn't 'exciting' though this can be down to the work in progress..

Finally we haven't competed in the top 6 all season.. Well, after about 8 games after our flying start.. We haven't even been in the top 6 since September/October, let alone push them or even 'compete in' them..

I don't think many would call them up on it.. But they've failed on all 3 accounts.. (Although again the 2nd one could be 'work in progress')

I'm looking forward to the boards summary of this season and how their targets for next season.

We were 6th on the 1st November Bris.

Never out of the top 6 from the first game until the 15th game.

Some people and their "selective" memories.

In december we were 3 points of the play offs - surely that could be construed as competing?

If we don't beat Pompey and Bristol away this season I'll be more disappointed with those results than any other, bar the 4 - 0 drubbing against Leicester and the 2 - 0 defeat to Coventry.

Saying all this though, I want to see some of the youth coming through for a bit of experience. Mason Bennet and this Will Hughes fella at least. Was it Stefan Galinski as well?

So, depending on what Clough goes for (wins to finish as high as possible or game time for youth) my 'cross hairs' change focus.

Pompey and Brizzle though, that's 6 points in my opinion and if we don't get 6 points I'm disappointed. I think we should be beating Leeds away, so make that 9. We've got Ipswich, Middlesbrough and Peterborough at home, I'd take 5 points from them. We own Ipswich a beating though and Middlesbrough, we can beat them, they're also on a bit of a bad run of form.

I reckon we should at the very least get 14 points (if he sticks with the senior players) putting us on 69. Won't be to disappointed with a finishing tally of 65, but we need to finish with a bang.

Play offs is a bit much but I'd love it if we got there, imagine this forum, would be amazing in here and the games would be a laugh!

We've won 5 away games all season and you expect us to go out there and win our next three? Especially against two sides fighting for their lives at the bottom. And against Leeds who've improved under Warnock.

21. Bristol - in poor form, would be daft not to go for the throat.

15. Ipswich - in good form, could be a slip up.. Jewells first return to pride park since the dark days.

10. Leeds - in poor home form, average form altogether.. big game for Clough, always seem to do them at their place anywho.

5. Middlesborough - in poor form, play off bottlers.. they haven't got it in them to cross the line!

8. Cardiff - VERY poor form, one win in 9.. another play off bottler, tricky place to go mind.

24. Portsmouth - dead in the water... don't win their our players want a bullet!

18. Peterborough - nothing to play for, surely got to win...

Bristol Ipswich Portsmouth Peterborough and Middlesborough all wins would give us 15 more points, that is possible... very possible if we play well and want it enough!

Archived