Shaun Barker

Day

One thing is beyond debate.....the sheer fookin thrill and excitement of battering the reddogs into submission. If you was there you got the mentality of gradually backing them into defence knowing you was on top and it was only a matter of time before you got the winner. The gradually increasing roar of the crowd, the increasing intensity of the gladiatorial arena until the mighty Jake stuck his brave head on to that ball.....priceless.

It dunna matter how young or old you are, that feeling is what makes football better than any other sport on the planet.

Come on you fookin super rammmmmmmmmmmmmmssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ambitious is correct, the gap between us and Forest is a pretty big one.. I think them losing Wes and McGugan losing any form he had highlights how bad they are.. With no money, and loanees returning to their parent clubs, next season will be a struggle for them should they stay up..

Yes.. Though it's obvious that I don't blindly say we're something that we're not... There is no way we're as good as what Rotherham makes out, and perhaps no way as bad as what Sideshowbob makes out.. Finding posters who offer points on both sides of the coin is actually quite rare on here..

I do and it genuinely is from both sides too- I struggle to find a positive from your 98% negatives

Allow me.....

"Derby County have discovered the full extent of Captain Shaun Barker's knee injury.

The 29-year-old central defender sustained the injury in the second half of last Tuesday's 1-0 victory over Nottingham Forest at Pride Park Stadium whilst in defensive action.

Since then Barker has undergone a number of medical examinations and tests in both Derby and London to find of the severity of the injury.

As well as dislocating his knee cap, which was confirmed last week, Barker has ruptured his medial ligament, anterior cruciate ligament, and most likely his posterior cruciate ligament, in his right knee and he is due to undergo surgery next week.

Initial indications point towards Barker being out of action for up to a year.

The news comes as a massive blow to Derby's influential skipper, who had been in top form at the heart of the defence since returning from injury in November and helped the Rams to seven clean sheets in 21 starts this season.

Manager Nigel Clough said: "Without any question; this is a hammer blow for Shaun and we're all gutted for him that he's going to be out of action for quite some time.

"It's obviously hard for Shaun to take right now; but it's important for him to know we're all here for him and he will have the support of everyone at Derby County every step of the way towards full fitness.

"We have one of the best guys in the country, if not the best, operating on Shaun and he has said he will be able to make a full recovery and play at this level again.

"Twelve months is a long time but Shaun's strength of character and determination will see him bounce back. He's been through a gruelling rehabilitation programme before so that will help him along the way."

Barker made his 105th appearance for the Rams against Forest, and has made 387 career appearances in total during his professional career. His start against Forest was his 100th for Derby since signing from Blackpool in the summer of 2009."

Gutted. At least he's getting the best care possible though and he's still young enough to get back to playing afterwards.

Good luck Shaun!

I don't think it's on the same knee as last time, but this still could be career ending 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

It is the same knee, but an unconnected injury.

'It is the same knee that Barker had surgery on at the end of last season. That injury sidelined him for almost seven months.'

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Clough-defender-summer/story-15542651-detail/story.html]http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Clough-defender-summer/story-15542651-detail/story.html

Such a shame, thats the 2012/2013 season wiped off, hope we can bring in someone to replace him with his quality either on a season long loan or permenent. If we do bring in someone permanent we then do have a large number of centre backs with barker, shackell, buxton, o'brien, naylor and a new person. Might unbalance the squad a bit. One things for certain, if we are to make a step forward next season at least £2 million needs to be spent this summer.

thanks, but I would copy and paste the story before Utch sees and calls you lazy 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

its noted 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Archived