Shaun Barker

Day

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That has put a smile on my face that is a fan who needs to go to spec savers we battered em for most of the game they never looked like they had a foothold a couple of dangerous set pieces but nowt else

So just like the Derby Stoke game then, except we were on the recieving end, yet you said we were the better team? Every team has a full blooded rose tinted fan..

We were comfortable against Forest... A battering is when you have enough chances to win 3 games over and restrict the opposition to nothing.. Something we did to Forest a few years back.. Or something Stoke recently did to us..

So just like the Derby Stoke game then, except we were on the recieving end, yet you said we were the better team? Every team has a full blooded rose tinted fan..

We were comfortable against Forest... A battering is when you have enough chances to win 3 games over and restrict the opposition to nothing.. Something we did to Forest a few years back.. Or something Stoke recently did to us..

Are you actually a Derby fan?

You are a bit of a bore mate!

In fairness I agree in Bris in this case..

against Stoke we looked unable to compete and unlikely to muster anything, just like Forest looked against us! If we had of scored early on then I think it would of been a case of a drumming, but unfortunately that goal didn't come early and we was made to work for it!

Make no mistake, the difference in quality between us and Forest is massive... we're quite clearly the better and stronger side, with better strength in depth and quality through-out the side despite having half the player budget they do! Stoke have spent millions and have a strong premiership side, out of our depth!

Ambitious is correct, the gap between us and Forest is a pretty big one.. I think them losing Wes and McGugan losing any form he had highlights how bad they are.. With no money, and loanees returning to their parent clubs, next season will be a struggle for them should they stay up..

Are you actually a Derby fan?

Yes.. Though it's obvious that I don't blindly say we're something that we're not... There is no way we're as good as what Rotherham makes out, and perhaps no way as bad as what Sideshowbob makes out.. Finding posters who offer points on both sides of the coin is actually quite rare on here..

Derby County have discovered further details of Shaun Barker's knee injury.

Barker suffered ligament damage to his right knee during Tuesday's 1-0 win over Nottingham Forest at Pride Park Stadium.

The 29-year-old Rams captain underwent a number of medical scans and examinations on Wednesday to paint a clearer picture of the damage he sustained whilst competing to make a defensive clearance during the second half of the local derby encounter - and he will undergo further medical tests next week.

Rams Head Physio Neil Sullivan explained: "Unfortunately for Shaun, he has suffered ligament damage. At this moment in time it's very difficult to put a timeframe on things and that's probably not fair on Shaun either and we'll get a clearer indication once Shaun has undergone surgery."

Injury Blow: Shaun Barker injured his knee in the second half of Derby's win over Forest on Tuesday

Derby boss Nigel Clough said: "We said straight after the Forest game that losing him took some of the gloss off of the victory, and that remains the case a few days on. We all feel for Shaun right now.

"Shaun has been a real leader for us on the pitch since returning from injury in November and he played a major role in our rise up the table during December and January. It was no coincidence that our run of clean sheets came following his return to full fitness.

"Everyone will be rallying around Shaun to help him through his rehabilitation programme. He will remain our captain and while he won't be able to influence things on the field for a while, he still has a massive role to play off the field."

Barker made his 105th appearance for the Rams against Forest, and has made 387 career appearances in total during his professional career.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2659216,00.html

Ambitious is correct, the gap between us and Forest is a pretty big one.. I think them losing Wes and McGugan

losing any form he had highlights how bad they are.. With no money, and loanees returning to their parent clubs, next season will be a struggle for them should they stay up..

Yes.. Though it's obvious that I don't blindly say we're something that we're not... There is no way we're as good as what Rotherham makes out, and perhaps no way as bad as what Sideshowbob makes out.. Finding posters who offer points on both sides of the coin is actually quite rare on here..

In a derby game when a team has 58% of the possession most shots, 11 corners to 3, conceeded less fouls Forest Conceeded 17 most of play in their half, most people would say that this is a battering also the more drive come from Derby. Apart from set pieces which there were limited they posed no real threat. We were on top all game hence why the ground was rocking from start to end. You claim you are a Derby fan with every post you look less and less like one but are very close to becoming the Victor Meldrew of the forum. Please start your threads with "I don't believe it" as he too was good at moaning, being negative and whinging.

McGugan is still at Forest so only lost Wes Morgan and to be fair he would not made any difference.

You are purely incapable of making a positive comment/post, incapable of accepting any point made and are adept at changing a course of thread to lead it into an argument to drive your point across.

I honestly don't think you support Derby because if so, not matter what you think of the team when you beat the Scum twice in one season, batter them off the park and make them play just hoofball and look at just fouling our players then I would pretty much say 99.99% would be happy you are the exception.

NOW BACK TO THE THREAD.

Shaun hope you get well soon and that you get fully recovered for next season. Support the team like you did on the night before going to the hospital - true legend as most would have gone straight to hospital in agony, working towards Captain Fanastic for his work on and off the pitch - Derby will miss a top class championship defender for the rest of the season and hopefully not for too much of next season. Support Buxton as no doubt you will he has been out for over a year himself injured and not played much with the confidence of MOM and winning goal against scum in last 2 games he will be buzzing and with your support and help he and Shackell will be fine.

In a derby game when a team has 58% of the possession most shots, 11 corners to 3, conceeded less fouls Forest Conceeded 17 most of play in their half, most people would say that this is a battering also the more drive come from Derby. Apart from set pieces which there were limited they posed no real threat. We were on top all game hence why the ground was rocking from start to end. You claim you are a Derby fan with every post you look less and less like one but are very close to becoming the Victor Meldrew of the forum. Please start your threads with "I don't believe it" as he too was good at moaning, being negative and whinging.

McGugan is still at Forest so only lost Wes Morgan and to be fair he would not made any difference.

You are purely incapable of making a positive comment/post, incapable of accepting any point made and are adept at changing a course of thread to lead it into an argument to drive your point across.

I honestly don't think you support Derby because if so, not matter what you think of the team when you beat the Scum twice in one season, batter them off the park and make them play just hoofball and look at just fouling our players then I would pretty much say 99.99% would be happy you are the exception.

First off I'm worried about your perception of a 'battering'.. Forest had their chances, ableit a few, but we were hardly cutting them open left right and centre.. In fact I don't really remember Camp having a serious save to make from open play.. We were the better team, granted, we were also comfortable, but a battering? Pull the other one, they battered us 5-2 the other season and it could have been more.. A scrappy 90th minute winner isn't a battering.

The part I bolded is just funny, as it shows you're double sides.. We didn't even have a shot against Stoke but you were claiming we were the better team because we had a corner that looked like it was drifiting in.. And nothing else, in the whole game. So we battered a team and restricted them to little chances and won 1-0, yet when we had no shots on target and were dominated in possession, corners, territory, shots etc. by Stoke we were the better team? OK then.

Rotherham, do you know what contributes to a good debate? The best debates are made when someone has negative things to say.. A negative comment about Derby leads to many posts about the reasons why, possible solutions, things to improve, opinions, general debate, 2 sides of the coin etc.. Why would I waste my time discussing something good? Example 'Jake Buxton scored a good goal, Jake Buxton won us the game, he's a legend!' etc.. Well, no-one can contribute to that, because it's all good, debate over.

If you read any articles on the BBC you'll realise all the debate come from the problems teams have.. What can you possibly debate about Barcelona for example, they're near perfect, they don't have any faults, so what is there to debate? With the likes of Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea etc.. they all debate on how they can improve, how Carrick is past it, how the defence always lets them down, how Mancini got his tactics wrong..

Point is Rotherham, from a personal view, I enjoy debating and talking about Derby Countys faults.. I don't see the point or get any enjoyment out of going onto each topic saying 'I agree we were good today' or 'We missed Steve Davies' goals today' or 'Theo is really fast'.. The best debates on Theo for example are talking about his negative sides (his first touch, goalscoring ability, ariel threat etc.) I'd much rather debate with the likes of you, Ambitious, Sage, Worskop, Duracell or whoever else than simply look at the positives and agree.. There are many positive things I can talk about DCFC but to be honest I don't see the point in it.. I prefer debate our faults.

First off I'm worried about your perception of a 'battering'.. Forest had their chances, ableit a few, but we were hardly cutting them open left right and centre.. In fact I don't really remember Camp having a serious save to make from open play.. We were the better team, granted, we were also comfortable, but a battering? Pull the other one, they battered us 5-2 the other season and it could have been more.. A scrappy 90th minute winner isn't a battering.

The part I bolded is just funny, as it shows you're double sides.. We didn't even have a shot against Stoke but you were claiming we were the better team because we had a corner that looked like it was drifiting in.. And nothing else, in the whole game. So we battered a team and restricted them to little chances and won 1-0, yet when we had no shots on target and were dominated in possession, corners, territory, shots etc. by Stoke we were the better team? OK then.

Rotherham, do you know what contributes to a good debate? The best debates are made when someone has negative things to say.. A negative comment about Derby leads to many posts about the reasons why, possible solutions, things to improve, opinions, general debate, 2 sides of the coin etc.. Why would I waste my time discussing something good? Example 'Jake Buxton scored a good goal, Jake Buxton won us the game, he's a legend!' etc.. Well, no-one can contribute to that, because it's all good, debate over.

If you read any articles on the BBC you'll realise all the debate come from the problems teams have.. What can you possibly debate about Barcelona for example, they're near perfect, they don't have any faults, so what is there to debate? With the likes of Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea etc.. they all debate on how they can improve, how Carrick is past it, how the defence always lets them down, how Mancini got his tactics wrong..

Point is Rotherham, from a personal view, I enjoy debating and talking about Derby Countys faults.. I don't see the point or get any enjoyment out of going onto each topic saying 'I agree we were good today' or 'We missed Steve Davies' goals today' or 'Theo is really fast'.. The best debates on Theo for example are talking about his negative sides (his first touch, goalscoring ability, ariel threat etc.) I'd much rather debate with the likes of you, Ambitious, Sage, Worskop, Duracell or whoever else than simply look at the positives and agree.. There are many positive things I can talk about DCFC but to be honest I don't see the point in it.. I prefer debate our faults.

Get off your high horse child this is a thread for about Barker and wishing him well talking about the injury, hence the BOLD BACK TO THREAD, wrong place for you to put on the same drivel. Just back off,on this thread. You don't like Barker you have made it clear but you could at least wish him well!!

You have written such a long reply with NOT one comment about Barkers injury

NOT one comment about the fact he will be missed as you can't except you were wrong

NOT one comment of wishing him to get better soon

NOT one comment about the fact he stopped to watch and support the lads. I saw the ambulance leave after the game on blues and twos before letting the forest buses go. Not many would have done this, but NOT one comment on this.

YOU HAVE however shown how you turn every thread into an argument.

Get off your high horse child this is a thread for about Barker and wishing him well talking about the injury, hence the BOLD BACK TO THREAD, wrong place for you to put on the same drivel. Just back off,on this thread. You don't like Barker you have made it clear but you could at least wish him well!!

You have written such a long reply with NOT one comment about Barkers injury

NOT one comment about the fact he will be missed as you can't except you were wrong

NOT one comment of wishing him to get better soon

NOT one comment about the fact he stopped to watch and support the lads. I saw the ambulance leave after the game on blues and twos before letting the forest buses go. Not many would have done this, but NOT one comment on this.

YOU HAVE however shown how you turn every thread into an argument.

Go read the other Barker thread... And my horse is only a donkey in comparison to your trojan.. You do like making yourself look a numpty don't you? You bring such entertainment to this board, a one in a million.. I salute you, top poster.

Back on topic... Erm, there's another Barker thread, why the need for two?

At the end of the day whether there are two threads or not this is a thread started before the one from today and not once did you post a positive comment or wished him well on here but you turned it into one of your panto stages. You write well but same old.

Even if reading do go up Gorkks will not be coming as that would mean replacing Barker not going to happen. He will be fit as soon as he can be and until then O'Brien will be back with Bucko and we will manager with what we have sorry to disappoint you.

Archived