Derby County v Nottingham Forest

CumbrianRam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHbhlrnncbs&feature=share

Sorry if this has already been posted.

No I'm not 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great, great atmosphere. Great, great night. Great, great result. Average, average football.

Don't get me wrong, not trying to put a dampener on things but you can see why both teams struggle for form. On the balance of play we more than deserved to win as we at least posed a threat up front. Frankie had to make one stop all night and that was already going wide when he palmed it.

Ratings

Fielding - 6 - Practically a by stander most of the game but kicking was pretty good for the most part.

Green - 6 - Didn't face much opposition from Fat Boy and coped ok but needs a lot more confidence on the ball. Not the player he used to be. Kept giving away stupid free kicks as well.

Barker - 9 - Won everything that came his way and was the only player her tried to get the ball down and play it. Even waiting until after the game has finished before going to hospital so he could congratulate the lads. Legend!!!

Shackel - 7 - Coped with whatever he had to do but his distribution was a little sloppy. Plus he mix up with Green could've cost us.

Roberts - 6 - Pretty much the same as Green.

Tyson - 7 - Had to cope with plenty of 'special' attention from his ex team mates and he looked pretty dangerous after half time when he was actually given the ball. To isolated at times.

Bryson - 6 - A lot of running but no real industry on the ball. Only really looked comfortable once they'd gone down to 10.

Hendrick - 6 - Gave their midfielders a lot of space first half, tightened up the second. Like Bryson a lot of sideways passing.

Bavies - 8 - Only two sloppy corners/free kicks all night. But like Tyson, isolated and starved of the ball in open play. Would've backed him with that chance in the first half that he scuffed.

Savies - 7 -Worked hard and kept going despite feeding of hoofs.

Robinson - 6 - had one of those nights when nothing stuck.

Subs -

Buxton - 10 - Kept things simple, actually played a raking 40 ball to Bavies' feet in the closing minutes. Oh, and of course GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOALLLLLLLLL!!! Plus in his interview on Radio Derby afterwards he called his own Father a Red Dog. Awesome!!!

I honestly thought Roberts was one of our best player. Kept their winger at bay nearly all the time and looked solid.

Taking the emotion out of it, they are probably the poorest side I've seen at Derby this season. Didn't play with any confidence, and it looked after half an hour like they'd have run out of there with a draw.

I honestly thought Roberts was one of our best player. Kept their winger at bay nearly all the time and looked solid.

Taking the emotion out of it, they are probably the poorest side I've seen at Derby this season. Didn't play with any confidence, and it looked after half an hour like they'd have run out of there with a draw.

Certainly after to 50 minute mark they dropped deeper & deeper. Pretty much brought in on themselves...

Completely agree, Roberts was brilliant for me looked a top championship full back and agree about Forest, under cotterill we knew it was going to be hard to grind them down due to the amount of players behind the ball, but their football was awful.. the long ball didn't work, the short balls were of very poor quality and apart from the centre mid from wolves they took off they had nothing, can see them going down now they have a harder run of games coming up!

Just quick post; well done on the victory last night. Thought you guys deserved to win tbh so no complaints. Thought It was a poor game between 2 poor sides but derby looked the more likely to score throughout and the team who kept going; lost count of how many free kicks and corners you put into our box!!

Just quick post; well done on the victory last night. Thought you guys deserved to win tbh so no complaints. Thought It was a poor game between 2 poor sides but derby looked the more likely to score throughout and the team who kept going; lost count of how many free kicks and corners you put into our box!!

Nice one Tricky, good of you to drop by. It was pretty dire wasn't it! At least you have something to play for the rest of the season, ours is pretty much over now!

Subs -

Buxton - 11 - Kept things simple, actually played a raking 40 ball to Bavies' feet in the closing minutes. Oh, and of course GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOALLLLLLLLL!!! Plus in his interview on Radio Derby afterwards he called his own Father a Red Dog. Awesome!!!

EDITED for you

Probably the worst game of 'football' I have ever had the displeasure of viewing. Two pub sides forgetting what a midfield is for. We were utterly shocking, you weren't much better. McGovern knocked on the head when he said, 'law of averages if you hit 100 balls into the box something is going to happen eventually'.

We are Wimbledon Mk1 you were Mk2 considering Clough has had years to perfect the art. I couldn't stop laughing when Cotterill said pre match 'how good it is to see a manager get three years to work his craft'.

And get where? A Lower mid table hoofball team?

Cotterill. If us Forest fans have our way you will NOT be around after this season. Definately the last game il watch this season with that moron in charge.

Wasnt particularly impressed with aload of the Derby fans in the fireplace car park goading and intimidating a young mother with three teenage kids in red shirts trying to get out. Really any need?

Not going to get involved with the chanting nonsense. It was incredibly distasteful. Leave it at that.

Probably the worst game of 'football' I have ever had the displeasure of viewing. Two pub sides forgetting what a midfield is for. We were utterly shocking, you weren't much better. McGovern knocked on the head when he said, 'law of averages if you hit 100 balls into the box something is going to happen eventually'.

We are Wimbledon Mk1 you were Mk2 considering Clough has had years to perfect the art. I couldn't stop laughing when Cotterill said pre match 'how good it is to see a manager get three years to work his craft'.

Cotterill. If us Forest fans have our way you will NOT be around after this season. Definately the last game il watch this season with that moron in charge.

Wasnt particularly impressed with aload of the Derby fans in the fireplace car park goading and intimidating a young mother with three teenage kids in red shirts trying to get out. Really any need?

Not going to get involved with the chanting nonsense. It was incredibly distasteful. Leave it at that.

Putting all that aside can I just say thanks for the 6 points this season 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons//laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

The scrap I saw last night occasionally broke out with sporadic incidents of football.

The group I sit with agreed that forest had come to either get a draw or try and snatch a win. The first sign was when forest's 'keeper basically time wasted with the first goal kick.

They targeted Tyson, and Reid should have been booked in the first 5 or so mins, they dived, fouled, pulled shirts and generally did everything they could to break up play, unsettle the players and frustrate the fans. If they employ those tactics for the remainder of the season they won't be here next.

They misjudged Derby, our players kinda knew it was going to be ugly and got their heads down and made the best of what was put in front of them.

You're always gonna get chants like that whichever fans you come across you get the sickos. Just unfortunate that the microphone was stationed so close to the (minority? probably) it sounded like a lot of people were chanting those things and maybe there will be news coverage for that reason. That aside it was actually a poor game, particularly for us Cotterill is 100% the wrong manager for Forest and any big club for that matter and I said this last night I always believed in Nigel and I love derby games, they make the whole season 10x more exciting.

They were probably the same teenage, DLF wannabe divs who have given all Derby fans a bad name today.

Now putting that aside, your side were absolutely dogs**t and deserved what they got... F**k all

Great win and clearly buzzing after the late win from Sir Jake. Yet during the match why were Tyson (who I thought was dreadfull last night) and Bavies both playing the wrong side? They both just keppt coming inside to trouble. We actually improved when he put Theo right side as he actually went outside the full back and worried him. We seem to be so slow at everthing in the build up then just knock it long. To be fair we are lucky that forest were so dreadfull playing for a point all game just sat back. Also I thought people said Mussi was a good player, he is a big donkey like addison.

Well done to the lads on the pitch, not so well done to the few hundred in the South East corner for the mindless mentality with the chants.

Let's just hope any who made the chants understand why it is completely and wholely unacceptable and don't feel that it gives people an excuse to jump on the band waggon in condemming them. Dissmissing what took place as idle banter and just how it is in local derbys are way off the mark in being able to judge socially acceptable behavoir and that which completely over steps the line of common decency.

Nuff said on the matter but it's all neutrals are talking about, a few have said "oh, who won the game bye the way". Says it all really, puts things in to perspective a bit.

An extra bonus is that we'll now get our matchday talk back. The pathetic rabble ( not Red Dawn and Tricky Tree as i enjoy their comments) will now disappear, thank god. Will be nice to go back to a little gentle predicting!!

You're always gonna get chants like that whichever fans you come across you get the sickos. Just unfortunate that the microphone was stationed so close to the (minority? probably) it sounded like a lot of people were chanting those things and maybe there will be news coverage for that reason. That aside it was actually a poor game, particularly for us Cotterill is 100% the wrong manager for Forest and any big club for that matter and I said this last night I always believed in Nigel and I love derby games, they make the whole season 10x more exciting.

The Rams have issued an official apology on their site and are seeking culprits.

Archived