Capello's Resigned

Saunders89

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because it may have shown that he is unable to manage big personalities.

Previous successes?

The point that I am trying to make is that I don't believe that the FA will go for anyone who has the potential to embarrass them or at the very least ruin their sherry break. Roy Hodgson has had some successes internationally with Inter-Milan, Switzerland and also with what he has got to work with, at West Brom. He speaks a few languages and has an interesting wine collection.... the perfect candidate.

Myself, I would go for Harry.

The point that I am trying to make is that I don't believe that the FA will go for anyone who has the potential to embarrass them or at the very least ruin their sherry break. Roy Hodgson has had some successes internationally with Inter-Milan, Switzerland and also with what he has got to work with, at West Brom. He speaks a few languages and has an interesting wine collection.... the perfect candidate.

Myself, I would go for Harry.

Ok understand now.

I know he has had success at club level but I would hardly call what he has done on an international level 'success'.

Ok understand now.

I know he has had success at club level but I would hardly call what he has done on an international level 'success'.

taking Switzerland to the last 16 of the world cup was successful in 1994. Some of his achievements have been near miracles with the likes of xamax malmo fulham and especially Halmstad. He took them from relegation favourites to champs in his 1st season. He's had 36 years of experience as a top manager and deserves much more respect. The Liverpool mess wasn't his fault. He was never given a fair chance. He's an excellent manager and deserves the job more than fa cup winner redknapp.

taking Switzerland to the last 16 of the world cup was successful in 1994. Some of his achievements have been near miracles with the likes of xamax malmo fulham and especially Halmstad. He took them from relegation favourites to champs in his 1st season. He's had 36 years of experience as a top manager and deserves much more respect. The Liverpool mess wasn't his fault. He was never given a fair chance. He's an excellent manager and deserves the job more than fa cup winner redknapp.

Preciely right my learned friend... The only thing Harry has ever won is a dodgy court case, forget the massive FA Cup, no one cares about that anymore, we don't need him in charge.

Jose....Arsene....Hodgson....are all so much better than he can ever dream of being.....from his own admission, he can hardly read and write!!

Stop staring at me...

If there was absolutely any chance of Jose, I may even take up more of an interest in the national game..

out of the bookies favourites..

Harry Redknapp - 4/10 would add absolutely nothing, dire choice!

Stuart Pearce - 3/10 even worse than 'Arry!

Guus Hiddink - 6/10 better than the first two, doesn't strike me as inspirational

Jose Mourinho - 10/10 any chance, any chance at all... get him in!

Roy Hodgson - 3/10 barely understand a word he says

Alan Pardew - 4/10 got a good return at Newcastle but still a poor choice

Arsene Wenger - 7/10 would be good to see him in charge, and would build a more technically gifted side!

Martin Jol - 3/10 bizzarre!

Martin O'Neil - 7 just took the sunderland job so doubt it, but a very good manager.. wouldn't be disappointed.

Mourinho, O'Niel or Wenger and I'd be happy, the 'english' named managers are just poor! No doubt I will be disappointed with the verdict, however if it is true about Mourinho... at all cost!

Liverpool players complained about Hodgson's training drills, boring, repetitive and outdated - so in that sense the "Liverpool mess" was his own fault. Can't see Gerrard endorsing his appointment, and I'm fairly sure the FA will canvas the opinions of a number of senior players.

I know where you are coming from but if we are looking for managers who are always improving teams then we would also have managers like Steve Bruce, Neil Warnock and Lawrie Sacnchez in the frame.

I personally don't think the England manager's job is about taking a poor team and making them good, we have the pick of some of the best players in the world so it is about man management, tactics and getting good players wanting to play for each other, the Liverpool fans who I know say Hodgson failed miserably in his attempt to do this at Liverpool.

I don't think Redknapp is being linked because of his FA cup success but more because his team are serious challengers for the Premier League this year!

My opinion is whoever gets the job should get rid of the older players and get some younger ones in who actually give a toss about winning anything. Time for the older boys - Terry, Ferdinand, Cole et al to move aside me thinks. Rooney I think still has something to give though but we've not won owt with them at the end of the day so maybe something needs to change?

Has anyone mentioned Pardew? Doing a great job for Newcastle, hasn't spent huge amounts of money but has turned them from a mediocre side to a team challenging for the top 6. If Mourinho got the job it would be fantastic BUT he's not english, so there's no chance of it happening. I'm sure a lot of people on here before have said we shouldn't have a foreign manager, I think the FA have even said the next manager will be english, so its highly unlikely to be mourinho I'm afraid.

I know where you are coming from but if we are looking for managers who are always improving teams then we would also have managers like Steve Bruce, Neil Warnock and Lawrie Sacnchez in the frame.

How so? When did Bruce and Sanchez last improve any team? Apart from when they left?

Think the FA should think long term rather than short term. Whoever gets the job should be looking from the grass roots levels and up.

I really don't understand all the bashing of Redknapp, always done a pretty good job wherever he's been. Not sure about his longevity though. Prefer to watch a Redknapp team to a Wenger, Mourinho, Ferguson team...really like O'Neill though, not English..

Personally I'd be disappointed if it was another foreigner, English team, English manager. Can forgive that rule for O'Neill, but he won't get it anyway.

I don't know why we need a manager who has won something, we have managers like that and still haven't got on any better. Also if you look at the brazil team, germany, Italy etc they have all had managers in charge with no experience and done a lot better than us. International football isn't the same as club management

How so? When did Bruce and Sanchez last improve any team? Apart from when they left?

I think Bruce has always improved teams wherever he has been but may be wrong on this.

Sanchez took Sligo to the Cup Winners Cup, Wycombe to the FA cup semi finals, took Northern Ireland from 124th to 27th in the world rankings (beating England along the way) and helped save Barnet from almost certain relegation from the football league, the only place he really flopped was Fulham.

Archived