Capello's Resigned

Saunders89

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mourinho would be my choice, but no way will the FA bigwigs want his ego, and I actually think Mourinho has unfinished business at club level in England.

After this Wenger would be a good shout, probably done all he can at Arsenal given their financial ethos. Hiddink has the CV so I wouldn't be disappointed.

But the FA have come out and said they would prefer an English manager, which severely shortens the list. God knows why after Schtevie and King Perm. In this instance Redknapp and Hodgson would be the only two really. The reality is Redknapp will get the job.

Just looking down the Premier League for English managers and I'm really surprised that Pardew has not been mentioned as much as Hodgson.

We might as well not bother going to the Euro's if Pardew gets the job. Done a good job at Newcastle so far and he's being touted for the England job, lets not forget how he f*cked up at West Ham, Charlton and Southampton.

Sam Allardyce has ruled himself out 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> brilliant!

ha ha...good old Fat Sam....just for the record, I am ruling myself out too....thought I better make that clear, because i had about as much chance and right to get the job as the fat headed joker did anyway.

Roger the dodger has said he is "just concentrating on Spurs, and hasn't given the England job a single thought"...course you haven't Arry..... get Rosie in.

"stop staring at me"

Pardew has done really well with Newcastle but it's completely out of character, he did well at Reading got them competitive in this division, the next job was to get West Ham promoted, midtable for the whole season to sneak within the play offs to get promoted, arguably with the best squad in the division though, the next season he took West Ham on the worst run of their history (i believe) and got sacked...

We know about the charlton fiasco, Curbs went and replaced by that bloke I can't remember, pardew came in and relegated charlton and then spent a tonne of money finishing mid-table in the championship, the season after he did an awful job and got them in the bottom 3 and he was sacked!

He did alright at Southampton but then again he spent the most in the division, got them within the play-offs and got sacked for having a go at the board, and the players starting a mutiny against him (all rumours of course)

and now at Newcastle he is doing brilliantly, signed players from absolutely no-where and got them performing, when he went their I thought they would be destined for relegation, turns out to be a gem!

Would feel like a McClaren type all over again!

On this topic, listening to drive time talk sport last night and the amount of absolute bullshit that came out was unbelievable!

I about through up when one of the trolls said 'we dont need a tactician' and then was on about how spurs wouldn't want mourinho as manager, absolutely ridiculous!!

safe to say, I am not listening to that bile ever again!

We might as well not bother going to the Euro's if Pardew gets the job. Done a good job at Newcastle so far and he's being touted for the England job, lets not forget how he f*cked up at West Ham, Charlton and Southampton.

Although he would not be my cup of tea I was just saying I can't see why Hodgson is being linked but not Pardew.

Think there is a bit more to Pardews career than you give him credit for too. Did a brilliant job at Reading. Took West Ham to FA Cup Final and 9th in Premiership (then was manager when the Icelandic people took the club to the brink of bankruptcy). Did nothing at Charlton. Nearly got Southampton play offs despite a 10 point deduction (then once again became involved in behind the scenes trouble). Has done a fantastic job at Newcastle.

Although he would not be my cup of tea I was just saying I can't see why Hodgson is being linked but not Pardew.

Think there is a bit more to Pardews career than you give him credit for too. Did a brilliant job at Reading. Took West Ham to FA Cup Final and 9th in Premiership (then was manager when the Icelandic people took the club to the brink of bankruptcy). Did nothing at Charlton. Nearly got Southampton play offs despite a 10 point deduction (then once again became involved in behind the scenes trouble). Has done a fantastic job at Newcastle.

Hodgson has international experience at least.

Depends which was you look at Pardew's career, scraped the play offs with West Ham despite having a strong squad after already failing at promotion the season before. Charlton he obviously f*cked up and then at Southampton i seem to remember he started the season terribly before finishing strongly, -10 points was never easy but with the side he had and the money spent he should have at least got play offs. I expect Southampton and West Ham fans wont have a high opinion of him. He seems to have been at clubs where he's had money to spend and hasnt really shone. Even still, hardly the achievements of a potential England manager. Hodgson has achieved far more in his career, not that i think either should get the job.

We need a manager that is here with an aim to win the World Cup in 2014 and not to be too bothered about the Euros, as long as we take a team that is 100% going to be involved at the WC. We need to get the young players tournament experience with no pressure of winning it and to just go and enjoy playing against some of the best teams in the world.

Alex Ferguson. No one has mentioned him. OK, he hates England and he's Scottish but why not?

Mourinho moves to Manchester United and leaves Ferguson free to take over as England boss and we get the most sucessful British manager withwhom the players have the utmost respect for.

I cannot understand this obsession the country has with Rednapp. Yes, he's done well with the clubs he has managed but that is more to do with his quite briliant work in the transfer market, something incidentally that has no place in the England set up.

I cannot understand this obsession the country has with Rednapp. Yes, he's done well with the clubs he has managed but that is more to do with his quite briliant work in the transfer market, something incidentally that has no place in the England set up.

It's cos he is chummy with media and they repay him that

Alex Ferguson. No one has mentioned him. OK, he hates England and he's Scottish but why not?

Mourinho moves to Manchester United and leaves Ferguson free to take over as England boss and we get the most sucessful British manager withwhom the players have the utmost respect for.

Fergie has made a career of turning average players into world class ones, he would be the best option in the world however he wouldn't touch the job.

If he was manager for the past 10 years, we'd be balls deep in silverwear... Best manager ever, the worst part of his job is signing players, he has a bad record when he has had money to spend when he hasn't been given much he has produced some sensational signings!

Also, cast your mind back to the famous Pearce/Ince confrontation, although never proven Pearce called Ince a cheating black ****...

Brilliant appointment from FA in light of this racism row!

[url=http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/135506.html]http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/135506.html

here is the link, haven't seen this before!

ambitious, I listen to talksport because it makes me laugh 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> some of the views are scary, ferguson does have a mixed record with big money signings but sometimes even if they don't perform at man utd when they leave they do well, e.g. forlan. Redknapp would be my 5th or 6th choice, the english managers available aren't great and as long as a foreign man can speak english relatively fluently then what is the problem?

After watching the press conference today by the FA I now understand why Capello resigned.I would want at least £6m a year to have to work with those idiots.The one man who actually played the game and managed said nothing,absolutely nothing.Brooking is pointless in that set up.The FA needs to sort itself out,they are ultimately responsible for this mess.

that press conference showed me what i'd always known about the FA,buffooons idiots etc all of em

when the plummy-voiced chairman said he'd been involved in football for 20 years i actually cringed

you couldnt get a straight yes or no out of them for a question,all they said was it was a board decision

Archived