Ross Wilson coming in from Watford as DOF???

spike1969

I'm sorry G STAR RAM but that is a bit of a stretch. I want Glick to perform as a Chief Executive nothing more. There may be DOFs around in football but not many outside top divisions at clubs being careful with wage bills!

Well I think its quite commendable that Glick is saying he prefers someone with experience dealing with transfers rather than himself, at least it shows he is aware of what he can and cannot do.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes you are :-)

Im trying to actually remember a successful DOF at any english club, whereas I can name countless failed attempts, including the last one at Derby, oh and the one before that is still in prison ?

Looking at his CV though, my guess would be that he is more than likely going to be implementing a "youth" model for forthcoming years, and the transfer side of things is an added bonus.

i actually think that most premiership and championship clubs have a form of a DOF now - although they are mostly called something else - football business and football development and stuff like that

Nigel Clough is on a collision course with his Derby County bosses over the appointment of new director of football Ross Wilson.

Derby CEO Tom Glick runs the risk of losing the Rams manager if he presses ahead with the desire of the club’s American ­owners to hire Wilson.

Glick is in ­­negotiations with Watford’s Head of ­Football Business and hopes to complete a deal before the end of the ­season.

Clough is ­believed to be unhappy at the proposal and the ­disruptions it could ­create to the regime he has built since taking charge.

There has been a ­preliminary meeting ­between Clough and ­Wilson and any proposed alliance looks doomed.

A source said: “Ross Wilson is 28-years-old. Nigel has been in football longer than he has been alive. He doesn’t need his hand held.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Exclusive-Nigel-Clough-on-collision-course-with-Derby-chiefs-over-Director-of-Football-plans-article867080.html

I'm sure I recall an article saying that Nigel was heavily involved in the process of appointing someone, and im sure Nigel has said himself in the past he would welcome it.

He's not "having his hand held" this guys gonna do the same job Glick does with regards to transfers. And is Nigel really gonna turn round and say "im not working with you, your younger than me" because thats what it is working with nigel. He wont be his boss!

What disruptions is it going to make? This guy is a businessman with no prior footballing experience, he isnt going to walk onto the training ground and dictate formations, he is just going to negotiate deals.

This is just the mirror stirring up trouble because they are a sub par pile of toilet rolls.

The express [url=http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/300806/Plans-for-Nigel-Clough]http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/300806/Plans-for-Nigel-Clough also runs a story on how Clough was involved with helping to draw up info for interviews of DOF.

It also holds the answer of why no one was appointed at the beginning of the season as was indicated. The advisor was WBA Director of Football and he chose not to leave WBA.

I have a feeling this is a bit stirring journalism. I think Clough will welcome him as it will stop Glick negotiating

Nigel may have some faults but lack of bottle is not one of them. If he genuinely did not want to work with a DOF, or felt it was being forced on him, he'd have had the conversation with Glick face to face.

If it happens against his will he'll walk - so we'll soon know if there's any truth in it. Innit.

What's your proof for it being true?

A friend of mine spoke to a very good source. I'm not prepared to betray the confidence but when I challenged him saying it's only The Mirror he told me who it was. He was very clear, if they recruit Ross Wilson from Watford Clough will walk.

I don't know what the board want this DOF to do but here it would be like this. The board would let Nigel know how much he can spend, Nigel decides who or what kind of player he needs and DOF will get the right guy for Nigel. So DOF will do what Nigel wants him to do. Glick and friends might think something different though.

. So he would help Clough then so why would he not want Wilson ? Answer Clough would see it as interference. Clough rules the manor at the moment and Glick and the American board don't really have a say.

That is the question I'm asking myself too. Why would Clough not want somebody to give him more time on concentrating on football. Comes to mind that Glick is planning something else for this DOF if Clough don't want this to happen. Makes me worried.

. I'm not too bothered to be honest I want DCFC has a Club to succeed and personal come and go. No one man is bigger than this great Football Club so the Manager needs to decide how he feels about the situation and deal with it. The Americans at the end of the day own the Club and should take the right decisions for the supporters.

That is what makes me worried. Does the board make the right decisions ? So far I'm not convinced.

That is what makes me worried. Does the board make the right decisions ? So far I'm not convinced.

The second a club chairman appoints someone his manager doesnt want, he does something that his manager sees as undermining, the relationship becomes untenable pretty quickly. Nigel won't and shouldn't stand for someone being forced upon him.

If this lad comes in against the will of young clough, there is only one possible ending. Clough will leave and his backroom will go with him. Even the timing of it concerns me as Cotterill is managing to make sure the forest job will be available again in the summer. If Clough, Metgod, Crosby, Wassall et all end up back at forest I'll spew in my goulash.

As I'm one of those who thinks NC has got what it takes to be a top manager, at DERBY hopefully it's all ******** but one or two sensible posters on here have me worried with their "sources"

Archived