Ross Wilson coming in from Watford as DOF???

spike1969

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Tom Glick doesn't know what he's doing as demonstrated by several transfer bungles over the last few years. So we need a DOF because our Chief Executive can't cut it. Given the board are so concerned with wages I wonder if they'll reduce the Chief Executive's wages by the amount being paid to the DOF. Seems fair to me!

Why does this post need to be an old head. The job spec is to make transfer dealings smoother. This could be achieved by someone of any age with the relevant skills and experience and knowledge. Would Jim Smith, Colin Wanka or others know enough about business to make the transfers, which are complicated business and contract deals, go any smoother?

It sounds like he is like the Club's equivalent of an agent - trying to get the best deal for Derby County and to paint them in good light. Others will scout and he will do the deal. My only concern is that we don't have the pulling power in terms of salary but our current position makes us more attractive to anyone with Premiership aspirations.

I think we should wait til the end of the season to bring someone in, dont want to disrupt the team as they have been doing realy well lately.

I would have thought the sooner the better. It wouldn't necessarily disrupt anything but it would give time to get systems in place before the close season transfer window opens.

Just had a look around some Watford forums and they have heard of the link from our own forum.

http://www.wfcforums.co.uk/

One poster seems to be a Watford insider claims there has been no approach from us.

We understand there has been no approach from Derby County for #WatfordFC's Ross Wilson and, at present, won't be leaving the club via observer owl

• 3 weeks later...

WATFORD's Head of Football Business, Ross Wilson, is believed to be in the frame to fill a 'director-of-football' type of role at Derby County.

Chief executive Tom Glick revealed in May last year that the Rams were looking for somebody to assist with the football operations side of the club.

Derby feel such an appointment will sharpen them up in the transfer market.

It would be a similar role to the one carried out by former chairman of football Adam Pearson before he left to rejoin Hull City in October 2009.

Derby say they will not comment on candidates for the role.

"The position is one we are looking to fill to strengthen the football club but until a final decision is made Derby County will not be discussing potential candidates."

Wilson joined Watford last summer having previously held the same role at Scottish First Division club, Falkirk.

Born and bred in Falkirk, he first worked at his local club as Head of Education and progressed to the position of Head of Football Development.

According to Watford's website, Wilson oversees the day-to-day running of the recruitment and football administration departments and also deals with contractual issues and agency networking.

He is said to work closely with the club's Head of Academy, Nick Cox, and first-team manager Sean Dyche.

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/story-15156318-detail/story.html?]http://www.thisisder...ail/story.html?

This would be a massive coup for DCFC, i live down south because of my job and live near to Watford - about 10 miles away but the local paper and some of the lads at work that are Watford fans say that he has been superb for them since he joined just under a year ago, say he talks really well at fans events, has really good relationships with agents and is a real driver of academy etc . I am sure when he went to Watford he had turned down Celtic or Rangers

if this was true i would be pleased that we had gone for someone young, presumably ambitious and also not a stereotypical ex-footballer or coach

Well Tom Glick doesn't know what he's doing as demonstrated by several transfer bungles over the last few years. So we need a DOF because our Chief Executive can't cut it. Given the board are so concerned with wages I wonder if they'll reduce the Chief Executive's wages by the amount being paid to the DOF. Seems fair to me!

Anyone would think that we are the only club to have a transfer deal collapse. It must be Tom Glicks obvious incompitence?

Archived